Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Results 46 to 58 of 58

Reload Thread: Door pods for Mazda6i07

  1. #46
    jerseyboy's Avatar
    jerseyboy is offline Team DC



    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    newark,nj
    Posts
    1,979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Door pods for Mazda6i07

    i think it would look good with some type of vinyl.. carpet will look ok on the kicks but on the door thats leather/vinyl it doesnt look to appealing. everything else looked awsome though. I wish I knew how to fiberglass..



    head Unit- JVC double din dvd w/ipod & detachable face plate
    front stage- 4 Crescendo mp8's and crescendo ft1 super tweeters
    front stage amp- rf t1000-4AD & Skar 85.4
    Subs- 3- 10" DC xl's @31hz
    Sub's Amp- DC 5k (.6 ohm)
    Wires- All Shok Power and ground wires & Knu RCA's
    Electrical- DC Power 275ah alt, xs d3400 (front) & xp 2500's (x3) (rear)
    "my feed back thread"
    http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/407753-jerseyboy-feedback.html




  2. #47
    burzendowski's Avatar
    burzendowski is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    CA.COM
    Posts
    1,315
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Door pods for Mazda6i07

    if you spent 35 for resin and 20 for mat you got f u c k e d i could sell you the same product for 24.10 thats a quart glass and a yard of mat, where do you shop

    20 hours of labor gzzzz they should look like a million bucks what happened?

    Quote Originally Posted by jmanpc View Post
    Ok, check this out.

    I did this job for $150, including materials.

    I wasn't about to go spend even more money on bondo.

    $35 for resin
    $20 worth of mat
    $5 for dowels/glue/MDF
    $10 for carpet and adhesive
    And 20+ hours worth of labor.

    For that, no one can complain.



    Refs: cheeseburger, miles0803,fatboyracing,bobtista,joeybutts,22mounta ineer

    feedback thread http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=425693

  3. #48
    burzendowski's Avatar
    burzendowski is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    CA.COM
    Posts
    1,315
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Door pods for Mazda6i07

    those need way more work to wrap in vinyl

    Quote Originally Posted by jerseyboy View Post
    i think it would look good with some type of vinyl.. carpet will look ok on the kicks but on the door thats leather/vinyl it doesnt look to appealing. everything else looked awsome though. I wish I knew how to fiberglass..



    Refs: cheeseburger, miles0803,fatboyracing,bobtista,joeybutts,22mounta ineer

    feedback thread http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=425693

  4. #49
    donpisto's Avatar
    donpisto is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Age
    30
    Posts
    5,312
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Door pods for Mazda6i07

    Just my 2 cents...it was looking good, but then the completed pics ruined it. Doesn't match the door in several ways...looks way out of place.



    Shyne Fitment Consulting, LLP. ...... More ass than class.

  5. #50
    bigaudiofanati2's Avatar
    bigaudiofanati2 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bridgeton, NJ
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,272
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Door pods for Mazda6i07

    Quote Originally Posted by donpisto View Post
    Just my 2 cents...it was looking good, but then the completed pics ruined it. Doesn't match the door in several ways...looks way out of place.
    This



    My build thread.
    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=406175

    If anyone needs help just let me know

  6. #51
    bhsdriller's Avatar
    bhsdriller is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    bakersfield,ca
    Posts
    4,491
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Re: Door pods for Mazda6i07

    could of been finished a little better, looks ok



    Team Flex Issues
    4 18" Mayhems
    2 bc5500's


    Bought from: ameduce(x2), Hatchet_Warrior, jeeper07,DB_DRAG_SPL,ssackett, lyttleviet,MillzThaYungin, blackbonnie, ryan1126, Goindef154(x2), Lonnie, dave_damage

    Sold to: Ilovebass, nismos14, chednompton, teen, jonesy

  7. #52
    jmanpc's Avatar
    jmanpc is offline CA.com Nostalgist.

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Age
    26
    Posts
    17,265
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Door pods for Mazda6i07

    Quote Originally Posted by burzendowski View Post
    if you spent 35 for resin and 20 for mat you got f u c k e d i could sell you the same product for 24.10 thats a quart glass and a yard of mat, where do you shop

    20 hours of labor gzzzz they should look like a million bucks what happened?
    I used close to a gallon of resin and 2 packs of mat. Wanted those fkers to be solid. If I only used a quart, they would flex like crazy.

    There was a lot of work to make those things fit. You have no idea.

    I'll be making a few boxes this weekend. You'll see some nice fabrication




    2007 Red Ford Focus ZX4 SE
    - Clarion DXZ955MC -
    - MB Quart RSD216 - 2 MB Quart RWE-354 in 4 cubic feet sealed -
    - MB Quart DSC4125 - Audiopipe AP1500.1D - Optima Blue Top -

    Team High Sexage

  8. #53
    tylork92's Avatar
    tylork92 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    2,334
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Door pods for Mazda6i07

    glassing does get expensivebut once the mold is done all it is is time...nothing hard after gettin the mold done....just LOTS AND LOTS of sanding which you obviously slacked on but good job other than that.



    [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    93 Ford Ranger
    full fiberglass panels and a-pillars
    XS d6500/ Mechman 260A
    2 SA15s
    Sundown 1500dv1
    Toolmaker plexi, dual inputs, distro blocks.

  9. #54
    _AnGeL_'s Avatar
    _AnGeL_ is offline teh resident messerican



    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Montgomery
    Posts
    492
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Door pods for Mazda6i07

    Quote Originally Posted by jmanpc View Post
    I used close to a gallon of resin and 2 packs of mat. Wanted those fkers to be solid. If I only used a quart, they would flex like crazy.

    There was a lot of work to make those things fit. You have no idea.

    I'll be making a few boxes this weekend. You'll see some nice fabrication


    i didnt even use that much on my rear deck, resin doesnt = strenght, u only have to wet out the mat with resin and that provides the strenght........



    Head Unit: Clarion NX501
    Front Stage: Pioneer TS-D1720C
    Amps: (1) Cadence TXA300-4 & (1) Sundown SAZ-1500D
    Subs: (2) Digital Designs 1508's in 2.02 cubic ft 35 HZ ported enclosure
    Amp Kit: Knukonceptz
    Deadener: SS Damplifier Pro



  10. #55
    galacticmonkey's Avatar
    galacticmonkey is offline Wants a button like that.



    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    7,675
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Door pods for Mazda6i07

    If you want to see a pain in the ***, you should have seen the doors on my van. Fitting 10s in the doors without cutting the metal out of the door, then fitting 2 10s, 2 6s, 1 8, and 3 tweeters and wrapping seamlesly in vinyl.

    Now that was rough.




  11. #56
    burzendowski's Avatar
    burzendowski is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    CA.COM
    Posts
    1,315
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Door pods for Mazda6i07

    x2

    you need to learn how to use the product. fyi woven matting is much stronger with less layers.

    Quote Originally Posted by _AnGeL_ View Post


    i didnt even use that much on my rear deck, resin doesnt = strenght, u only have to wet out the mat with resin and that provides the strenght........



    Refs: cheeseburger, miles0803,fatboyracing,bobtista,joeybutts,22mounta ineer

    feedback thread http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=425693

  12. #57
    req's Avatar
    req
    req is offline am a mod.



    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Age
    29
    Posts
    15,426
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Door pods for Mazda6i07

    Quote Originally Posted by ngsm13 View Post
    Good lord.............................................. ..

    nG
    lawl. still the same NG.


    i think your mids a bit bit overkill up front, a bit obtrusive maybe, i cant really comment as i have huge pods. needs some finishing touches or something...




  13. #58
    ngsm13's Avatar
    ngsm13 is offline BSEE



    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    35,730
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    20
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Door pods for Mazda6i07

    Quote Originally Posted by jmanpc View Post
    Ok, check this out.

    I did this job for $150, including materials.

    I wasn't about to go spend even more money on bondo.

    $35 for resin
    $20 worth of mat
    $5 for dowels/glue/MDF
    $10 for carpet and adhesive
    And 20+ hours worth of labor.

    For that, no one can complain.
    LMAO... Yah I wouldn't have touched it.

    Maybe $150 + Materials...

    The driver side just looks horrendous, I don't care about aiming... it's ugly. (Not the craftsmanship, the angle).

    The build itself is solid.

    nG




    http://crunktimes.com/ct/
    nG - BSEE

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts

1e2 Forum