Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)

Re: Bumpin Buicks NW build

Quote Originally Posted by Alex LaVelle View Post
    Scientifically backed by pretty graphs...Woot!
    Hahahaha WTF?

I'm honored someone knows so much about me.

MisterGrubbs is offline Kinda Old School

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alex LaVelle View Post
    Scientifically backed by pretty graphs...Woot!
    Hrm. Who are you Mr. Fake Alex?

Educational session for you retards of the forum:Use there when referring to a place, whether concrete or more abstract. No kove, I will not come over there. Use their to indicate possession. Members of this forum have lost their minds. Remember that they're is a contraction of the words they and are. They're all idiots!

References(Some of them):SteveyHustle, PepsiFiend69, SubNoize05, BushJ311, Mrray13, Hintzyboy, dbubble, 528hz, Twisted_0912, RKPsk8er
    Ebay: 35+ 100% Feedback Paypal: 14+ Verified

bumpin buick is offline Science is everything

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tommyk90 View Post
    Just stating what I know. Yes, I know you don't plan on winning world records with it, otherwise you would do a better layout.

152-153 is a pretty low goal with the equipment being used. Hell, we had a 4 door blazer doing a 151 on the dash with a type-r 15" and an orion 2500d at 1 ohm.

Even with that layout it should be possible to do a 153+, unless you are tuning low for music.

Tommy you are more then welcome to build/design me a setup. Problem is to offer enough space below windowline for the ports to breath, id be down to under 8 cubes, and the DC lvl5s are most effecient at 5 cubes per. There for I went with what I did... that and it has been proven through rigirous testing that it is louder. We literraly had the sub in like 10 differnt places and had mics in different places as well. No matter what sub up port up showed the loudest. So that is what I am following. Guess im just one of those guys who goes by the book. Also this is a daily setup. Im not saying it wont or cant do a 155+, who knows it very well could, but those are my goals... and I have no problem with over shooting them.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/305521-official-bumpin-buick-feedback-thread.html

Alex LaVelle is offline Subwoofer Designer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bumpin buick View Post
    Tommy you are more then welcome to build/design me a setup. Problem is to offer enough space below windowline for the ports to breath, id be down to under 8 cubes, and the DC lvl5s are most effecient at 5 cubes per. There for I went with what I did... that and it has been proven through rigirous testing that it is louder. We literraly had the sub in like 10 differnt places and had mics in different places as well. No matter what sub up port up showed the loudest. So that is what I am following. Guess im just one of those guys who goes by the book. Also this is a daily setup. Im not saying it wont or cant do a 155+, who knows it very well could, but those are my goals... and I have no problem with over shooting them.

but truth is, is what ever is loudest on the TL correct?

sub up port up proved not to be loudest on TL for a reason....

sell me your cascade omega's you owe alex tho

Random1010 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)

* Alex LaVelle 193.200.150.152 [Find Posts by User] [View Other IP Addresses for this User]
    * banned89 193.200.150.152 [Find Posts by User] [View Other IP Addresses for this User]
    * loudest227 193.200.150.152 [Find Posts by User] [View Other IP Addresses for this User]

193.200.150.152 server location: Victoria in Seychelles

tommyk90 is online now THE WHOLE THING!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)

Any particular reason you are wanting to stay below the windowline? You aren't going for a record or anything like that, so whats the benefit?

Now with the sub and mic in different places, were you just moving the same box around or did you actually try out different sub/port layouts?

Sure a bigger box may be more efficient, but that doesn't mean its going to be louder, especially with the level of power you are running. Now if it was 1000-1500 per sub, then I could see a bigger box being better.

Team Kicker (R.I.P.)
    Team Sundown
    Team Maxxsonics
    Team XS Power
    Team DD
    Team Audio Technix
    Team B2 Audio
    Team Mechman
    Team Tantric Sounds

2008 Bassrace 130-139.9 Regional and National Champion
    2006, 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2012 MECA Champion (S1, SR1, DB1, S2, S3, S4)

One DD 9510 powered by two Sundown SAZ-2500's
    Kicker KS tweeters, MB Quart 5.25's active on an MB Quart DSC480
    Kicker wiring throughout.

basebalz13 is offline D-money

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

haha wow

Team Cactus Sounds, Team SHOK elite, Team Second Skin, Team Mechman, Team XS power, Team Sundown

Team GroundShakaz (MECA team I started)

Quote Originally Posted by mayo_bryan View Post
    i saw david's work , impressed !!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Loudman View Post
    And so were the judges!!!:lol: Sorry man, that was so insensitive of me!! I've been there before!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Hiiiiiiii

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 27 (19 members and 8 guests)
    basebalz13 , Alex LaVelle , AudioXtremes , bhsdriller , BigJoker , bones22 , bumpin buick , d-REW , da box king , here to buy , kurrupt , lambofgood91 , MisterGrubbs , p3bumpin , SELFMADE , SPLluminator , SWFL , terra , tylork92

Team Cactus Sounds, Team SHOK elite, Team Second Skin, Team Mechman, Team XS power, Team Sundown

And so were the judges!!!:lol: Sorry man, that was so insensitive of me!! I've been there before!!

bumpin buick is offline Science is everything

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Any particular reason you are wanting to stay below the windowline?

Now with the sub and mic in different places, were you just moving the same box around or did you actually try out different sub/port layouts?

Sure a bigger box may be more efficient, but that doesn't mean its going to be louder, especially with the level of power you are running. Now if it was 1000-1500 per sub, then I could see a bigger box being better.
    I have three interchangable slots, one with 4 6" aeros tuned to 43hz which is my transfer function and two that are lower standard slots for daily.

The sub and mic were in differnt places during our measurements, ranging from headrest to dash with the mic and the sub was literally all over the trunk in every which position you could imagine.

Rusty has personally had guys burp these with 20k to each in small boxes, that's why I figure go with a big box and get about 4k to each and still be decent. Just going off of what I have found out on my own, honestly if it doesnt do a 155 Im really not going to care at all. Its below windowline because I drive this truck about 25,000 miles a year and I prefer a back window, also I want to keep my truck light as it all ready gets bad gas as it is.

Had it been a comp vehicle id simply wall it but its not.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/305521-official-bumpin-buick-feedback-thread.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)

I have three interchangable slots, one with 4 6" aeros tuned to 43hz which is my transfer function and two that are lower standard slots for daily.

The sub and mic were in differnt places during our measurements, ranging from headrest to dash with the mic and the sub was literally all over the trunk in every which position you could imagine.

Rusty has personally had guys burp these with 20k to each in small boxes, that's why I figure go with a big box and get about 4k to each and still be decent. Just going off of what I have found out on my own, honestly if it doesnt do a 155 Im really not going to care at all. Its below windowline because I drive this truck about 25,000 miles a year and I prefer a back window, also I want to keep my truck light as it all ready gets bad gas as it is.

Had it been a comp vehicle id simply wall it but its not.
    Ok, so how exactly did you determine that sub up/port up was louder without trying an enclosure that was sub up/port back? Even if it's smaller?

You used the same layout box, just moved it around.

I guess I'm making a big stink over nothing, I just didn't like the way you worded your original post. "scientifically proven" sounds so over the top, especially since every SUV I've ever seen has never, EVER had subs and ports up. Db drag, usaci, meca, all of them.

Team Kicker (R.I.P.)
    Team Sundown
    Team Maxxsonics
    Team XS Power
    Team DD
    Team Audio Technix
    Team B2 Audio
    Team Mechman
    Team Tantric Sounds

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

speak it tommy

SELFMADE is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by basebalz13 View Post
    speak it tommy
    Do you just post to get your post count up? You got 3 useless posts in here lol..

bose301s is offline I can break these cuffs

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

Ok, so how exactly did you determine that sub up/port up was louder without trying an enclosure that was sub up/port back? Even if it's smaller?

You used the same layout box, just moved it around.

I guess I'm making a big stink over nothing, I just didn't like the way you worded your original post. "scientifically proven" sounds so over the top, especially since every SUV I've ever seen has never, EVER had subs and ports up. Db drag, usaci, meca, all of them.
    Yea, I've always been told sub up port back. But I don't care about loud anyway. However the transfer function gives the loudest peak in the vehicle, the doesn't change much with position, it does but even with my sub sealed and many different areas below 60Hz or so the function never changed no matter what the position. I am not an SPL competitor at all, I am just saying what I observed doing the same testing that Matt did.

http://www.klippel.de/download/Nonlin/Klippel_nonlinearity_poster.jpg

Car System:
    Stock for now

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bose301s View Post
    Yea, I've always been told sub up port back. But I don't care about loud anyway. However the transfer function gives the loudest peak in the vehicle, the doesn't change much with position, it does but even with my sub sealed and many different areas below 60Hz or so the function never changed no matter what the position. I am not an SPL competitor at all, I am just saying what I observed doing the same testing that Matt did.
    That part should have came first, so then I wouldn't have wasted my time reading the rest of that crap you posted.

Team Kicker (R.I.P.)
    Team Sundown
    Team Maxxsonics
    Team XS Power
    Team DD
    Team Audio Technix
    Team B2 Audio
    Team Mechman
    Team Tantric Sounds

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bose301s View Post
    save your breath...btw when you came down to that show at tremorz what number did you do? lol

edit, nvm thought you was someone else

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

User Tag List