Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Reload Thread: FInally getting around to showing a build (PICS)

mendon mafia is offline 2 12's 6+kW Chrysler300M

Threadstarter

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: FInally getting around to showing a build (PICS)

Quote Originally Posted by sparkplug121988 View Post
    What kind of glue did you use for the headliner?
    its fabric spray paint.

refs: ebaker, its_bacon12, jando86, thedukey42 , WrenchGuy, jaredspl, teenapp, MisterGrubbs, BushJ311, fozzy2134
    System: Poineer 590ib headunit (soon upgrading to 790bt)
    2 12" RD Alpha V.3's (soon upgrading to konaki 9512 hybrids) powered by 2 Atomic 3000.1d's
    Polk mm6 front components powered by a Soundmagus CP-91 @ 4ohm bridged. JBL/Infinity Hybrid rear components. hu power
    200 amp alt and 2 stinger spv 70's (more pending voltage drop)
    Current output: 144.9 db using new 09 alpha v3's - on music with 1 3k - song: haters everywhere-two five, Chrysler 300M.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SELFMADE View Post
    How big is each box?
    each box is 18.5x31x13.5
    2 cubes net 48" port area

refs: ebaker, its_bacon12, jando86, thedukey42 , WrenchGuy, jaredspl, teenapp, MisterGrubbs, BushJ311, fozzy2134
    2 12" RD Alpha V.3's (soon upgrading to konaki 9512 hybrids) powered by 2 Atomic 3000.1d's
    Polk mm6 front components powered by a Soundmagus CP-91 @ 4ohm bridged. JBL/Infinity Hybrid rear components. hu power
    Current output: 144.9 db using new 09 alpha v3's - on music with 1 3k - song: haters everywhere-two five, Chrysler 300M.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Nice lookin boxes. I wouldn't worry about the radius in the corner unless you want a higher tuning. Not having one will probably pull the tune down a few hz, which is fine if you're doing these for daily.

REF's
    Quote Originally Posted by cotjones View Post
    to answer someones question earlier.... after 194dBs your car no longer puts out sound, it puts out earthquakes

Current Setup:
    Nakamichi CD-300, Coustic XM-3, Clarion EQS746, Coustic 510-DR, RE RE 6.5" Comps, Powerbass XA-900D, TCON Custom Subwoofer, Ported 1.5 to 30Hz

Future Setup:
    In the works again

WTB: Best Joke - Thread

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by its_bacon12 View Post
    Nice lookin boxes. I wouldn't worry about the radius in the corner unless you want a higher tuning. Not having one will probably pull the tune down a few hz, which is fine if you're doing these for daily.
    awesome ill just leave it then save me some effort and money. If it sounds bad ill change it, but it probably wont.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by its_bacon12 View Post
    ryan are you in town (hf/mendon area) now? Do you still have that tc9 running? i want to hear that bad boy.

for all who are interested i should be starting and finishing the construction of the other box today. im going to hook up at least one of them to give it a quick review maybe a vid to show off some more of my car.

i still need to finish the boxes aka router the edges, caulk and sand them which i will probably do tomorrow and i will probably work on mounting the batteries and cleaning up the blow through armrest in the back since im only working a half day tomorrow i should have a bunch of time ti get a lot done.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

updates from today.

I decided not to build the other box today since im taking a half day tomorrow i will have more time to do a good job. But i did have time to clean up the other box and give it a quick demo.

Heres the finished box all routed and sanded. as you can see i still need some type of terminal. any suggestions? i want something low profile but high conductivity. I think i might steal about 8 banana plugs from my work and solder some bigger wires into them. Do you guys think doubled up 12 or 14 gauge will be fine for each sub?

I routed the flares of the port but since i forgot to do that ahead of time i had to file the corners by hand. came out pretty good though. I also didnt route the outer edge of the wall of the port because when both boxes are in the car thats going to be the contact point and it will be a clean line.

EDIT: I forgot to mention i threw this box in my car today ans gave it a listen. I only turned it up a little bit but it sounds good. low end still needs to develop a bit but the subs are still brand new and i want to break them in properly.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

so i realize i havent updated in a long *** time, sorry about that. anyways i got a few vids to upload and some scores.

smooth criminal - michael jackson - 140.4
    some randon country song - 142.0
    haters everywhere - two five - 144.9

what do you guys think?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3