0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: My Lancer OZ build Log ess queue

Excellent progress

Denon ~ Butler ~ DLS

This forum is making me racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by caps View Post
    you mean my EX? the one I dumped? just remember every time you kiss her that i used to *** in her mouth

and BTW your girl just called me
    and im done dumping on this guys thread
    He wins

I'm looking for McIntosh amps- PM me

Refs: 1indatrunk, Kast2L

mmouse57 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey m8 i am not knocking your effort, but there are pros now online, guys that will basically text you through your process let alone pictures and videos of others that have been there before you online to watch and look over.

with all this out there and you still messing up maybe you need to get mad at someone 'like me' so you finally say to yourself lets do it right and start over.

You probaly spent allot of $$ but once you perfect the process lie your doing most applications can be done cheap

So yeah just tiring to tell you what you’re doing wrong as to push you in a new direction

You seem to be trying to FIX what you have already messed up on or done instead of starting from scratch

captainobvious! is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

My bad for jumping at you. I just have little patience for people who can 'hear your system through their computer monitor' and tell you its bad. Every vehicle is a different acoustical challenge. Variances in aiming, response of drivers, reflections, etc etc will make huge differences sonically.

Perhaps you could elaborate on what you see is wrong with the door build? The fiberglass and bondo originally done was removed and door panels sanded because I knew it could be done much better. I didnt want to try and fix that mess when I knew it would take me longer than re-doing it better.

I know the kick pods are *****, but they honestly still sounded great. The covering on them is just some CC foam that I had laying around and ws not a permanent solution. Just something to make them presentable until I could get back to rework/rebuild the pods.

Again, my bad for jumping on you. It seemed like you were being the typical ''your install *****'' guy. How about offering some of your advice on what you see ?

bigbangtheory is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mmouse57 View Post
    Hey m8 i am not knocking your effort, but there are pros now online, guys that will basically text you through your process let alone pictures and videos of others that have been there before you online to watch and look over.

with all this out there and you still messing up maybe you need to get mad at someone 'like me' so you finally say to yourself lets do it right and start over.

You probaly spent allot of $$ but once you perfect the process lie your doing most applications can be done cheap

So yeah just tiring to tell you what you’re doing wrong as to push you in a new direction

You seem to be trying to FIX what you have already messed up on or done instead of starting from scratch

Now you are starting to sound like a stuck up *******. Why dont you go ahead and post some of your all inspiring work logs since you seem to know so much and all.

Refs~Max Power(ST), bnevets27(ST), 99oldsintrigue(ST), matrxx dude(BF), Ficaraudio(BF), Zachzchw(BF), tigerf117(ST), 5.7TBI(BF), DBfan187(ST), Joesph M(ST), 97gp(ST), Cornbreadxd(ST), SlappinX(ST), nycspudz03(ST), bl0ckd(BF), Sctattooer(ST), hitman34608(ST), Wackdogg(ST), ggk(ST), 03F150MrSBF(STx2), Dye4metal(ST), Mikey7182(BF), Wu501(BF), Twisted_0912(BF), Crunklech(BF), psychoacoustics(BF), Tyler Chavez(ST), GTO Dave(ST), Thisistiny(ST), DarkScorpin(BF), davidtemple(BF), BassaddictJ(BF), Geoff_off_me(BF), Dragnix(BF)

BF=Bought from
    ST=Sold too

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

Got a chance to put down a layer of Rage Gold today and do some (alot) of sanding. Not a whole lot to report, but heres pics...
    Oh, and this stuff is so far superior to Bondo...MUCH easier to sand.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

A little more progress done on the doors. I should be ready for a final filler putty and some final sanding soon to prep for finishing. The panels are actually a little better than you see them here, I just havent taken more pics yet. I did some more spot filling and sanding.

ramos is offline Still learning

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)

Not bad my man, not bad at all. Looks like your headed in the right direction now

5 % equipment
    90 % install
    5% beer

kfx450r is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Im no expert so i cant say if it "looks" like it'll sound good () but either way im not a critical person..if i can hear it im good lookin great. Dont know if youve done this many times before but doesnt look like your messing up to me. Alot better than i think I wouldve done, atleast you got the balls to cut up your car metal and all for this lol..no way in hell here. More pics!

James Bang is offline Hand/Ear Coordination

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

coming out great. How do you plan on finishing that? the smooth finish of the body filler doesn't flow well w/ the textured door panel :p

na_rsx is offline Incriminator Audio FTW

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

holy **** at those mids lol, awesome work, cant wait to see the finished result

2005 Acura RSX-S

Headunit: JVC KD-AR8500
    Front Stage: Vifa & Mpyre 65M *ACTIVE*
    System Amp: MB Quart DSC4125
    Wiring: Kicker Hyperflex
    Deadening: Edead SE2 and V3

Refs:
    Bought from: mlstrass, archie, brchd, BigOso, bk12321, Ricky 616, IonSQL, SilverSPL, VIPER118, fived, jdiddy, Tacosys, ls2poweredgoat, SethPhillips, DB_DRAG_SPL, bjfish11, XaznKewLguy, Integra2468, Incriminator, bur1196, Goindef154, amartin_72
    Sold to: vitveet, aesoj, DejaWiz, jco1385, Lax916, iowaaurora, Zeuslicious, chrispizzitola, gkatmar, Racerx250, boltpride, zeed, Low_e_Red, xreymax, hrtbrk1, RKPsk8er, Anniku989, bradknob, andrios

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James Bang View Post
    coming out great. How do you plan on finishing that? the smooth finish of the body filler doesn't flow well w/ the textured door panel :p
    Yeah no kidding JB lol. I was thinking SEM texture paint over the majority of the panel. Thinking that should be the easiest and most doable solution for me. I havent done vinyl and since this door panel has some tricky curves, it might not be the best idea to give it a go this time around.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by na_rsx View Post
    holy **** at those mids lol, awesome work, cant wait to see the finished result
    Yeah, they're a bit beefy hah

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

Decided to try and get some more done on the doors today before leaving for the July 4 shindig.
    I did some sanding and cleaned up the doors, then masked them off. The top portion of the doors is vinyl while the majority of the door is just textured plastic/poly. Also the armrest is a cloth material so that was masked off as well. I applied 2 coats of Rustoleum specialty "Textured Plastic" as a base coat. After applying its easier to see imperfections and areas that may need a little touch up. While it may say "textured", it certainly doesnt do a whole lot. I think the SEM texture paint will make a much bigger difference toward matching up with the stock look. I also took this opportunity to paint the panels that mate up to the door. The kick panel and door sil panels. Anyway, here are some pics of the progress thus far. Paint is drying...

These are right after spraying the second coat so they look a bit uneven since they are not dry yet.

LaserRed38 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)

Little bit more work to do on those curves, especially by the map pocket. But coming along nicely for sure! I can't wait to start my first set of kicks either this week or next.

2005 Escape XLT Sport
    Alpine CDA-9835 - Audison LRx5.1k - Hertz MLK 2 TM - Hertz ML1600 - Hertz HX300
    Audison Wiring - Optima Red Top - Dynamat Extreme
    Refs
    [Bought from] dcmcki, 90accordman, MikeyB, itzme218, redcalimp5, SVT_RELAMPAGO, Johnny_Drama, RollinGTO, Fast1One, tc3k101, ramk1018, Brian_Smith06, John_Pionke, BigOso, TeamPSI, pickup1, PatFitz9, pro-rabbit, oldschoolboomer
    [Sold to] darqnez, tipnitty, Mugatu0, MrChow, nineball, SocialStealth, macq32, .livin.loud., slappinX, GlassEyez, Jeremy M, Honez
    [Traded with] James Bang, MovnZ28

KyleBechtold is offline Buy my fuses $1.25ea

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    126 Post(s)

very nice

Ca.com

Bought from: Sctattooer, Korn4Life, wgsj_fortvalley, bk12321, Queball, bumpincrv, Splmaster, 310w6, Buck, liljojo4711
    Everyone I have Bought from has been awesome.. feel safe with any of them..

Sold To: Iakona, dustinr, squeak12, Worstenemy453, BeAlLsTaR13, rmzsuzuki89, c_b_, mendon mafia, dropped_tb, SPLluminator, violence., power-fanatic07, schackel, michaellane, aviator08, kodak314, dropped_tb
    Ref Link
    Tamparacing
    -b15spec, 727kid, pshull727, Nt_Hardcore

Want/Need ANL fuses cheap 150a 200a 250a 300a
    CLICK ME

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

User Tag List