Sharpie placed into the hole to give an idea of the space inside the framerail area. Theres plenty of airspace in there.
I also wanted to mount the new Peerless SLS 8"ers in the doors as well this week. I'm too poor to be able to afford L8's right now, but these look to be a HECK of a bargain. We'll know after I get some listening time in.
Cut baffles for the SLS8's and mounted them to the door. Sealed any gaps with foam and both edges and seams of the baffles with silicone sealant.
What you dont see in these pics is that I added a couple more screws to really secure it to the door. Also, This was just the first baffle (3/4" Birch), I added a second to account for the depth. :P
Unfortunately, the door card would not fit back on with the newly upgraded hardware. I had to cut the door panel wide open to fit them. These things are straight up massive. They look closer to a 10" than an 8". Did some basic molding of the door panel and I will have to continue work on it to smooth it out, fill in gaps, and paint. Then I'll need to stretch some grill cloth over it or something.