Closed Thread
Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Reload Thread: 6 18" IA DR's

audioarsonal is offline JaMarcus

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 6 18" IA DR's

Its 5 o clock.....where's that video?

Bought from:whiteram,Pyro_by_nature,AudioXtremes,Slab,IA2
    Sold to:annarbor84,ssackett,tapout383
    built for:skeptikal,Raid3r89
    SHADY SELLER:memphisman00
    Subs:4 Incriminator Audio Death Row 15's
    amps: Memphis 4K
    154.8@34hz

S.B.C. is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

lol, soon

1st Incriminator Audio Rep in the US
    Team SBC
    Team IA

The Streetbeat Customz Alternator Line is now Available!
    Refs - ssackett- parker g - forceww- slam- dbman150-annarbor84 - kylediablo - theMessenjah44 - Korn4life - One Bad MOFO -CrazyKenKid -Buck- Itnelavffej- Phemps - Flex'd- jnralp00 - brandonbm- AudioXtremes- 1phatclipse Strakele- bassaholic- Curse - Owners1-Villeza1-jf2oo6- DaRevrin- DDbump - adixon816 and 30 others

fearof85 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If I'm not mistaken I thought the gain knob was a signal control not a volume control. For example, your head unit is at 1/4 volume you woul set your gain at 3/4, or if your at 1/2 volume you would set at the amp at 1/2 gain. I know using a DMM is the best way but this has yet to fail me.

Drew

Setup in the works-
    2-18's ? 6th order?
    1-HK4000D@1 ohm
    4-Bravox 3-way comp sets
    1400 rms on mids and highs

Ref's include: sundownz, army-killa, queball, wildsebring, foshay1123, greenman100, loud-n-low, acex3a, circa40, orangeless, PBateman, xtcxyooj, chaunb3400, oldschoolboomer (x2), SPLluminator, DBBOOM, Kevinn, JEXTEL, 169db , bernser1er ,wgsj_fortvalley, Gobulls09, BushJ311(x2) , cyoung88 , vickman08, uglydimple12, fatpat1080, SlabRider210 , Smaxor5, iamamp3pimp(x2), snoopysnooper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

^^^You are kinda on the right track.The gain setting on the amp is based on the output voltage of the deck or line driver supplying the signal.The lower the voltage the higher the gain would be.The way you describe you would constantly be changing the gain knob.
    You want to set the gain max at the highest listening volume on the deck,which should be just below clipping.But normaly I just set the volume at 3/4 and make my amp adjustments from there.

154.8@34hz

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by audioarsonal View Post
    ^^^You are kinda on the right track.The gain setting on the amp is based on the output voltage of the deck or line driver supplying the signal.The lower the voltage the higher the gain would be.The way you describe you would constantly be changing the gain knob.
    You want to set the gain max at the highest listening volume on the deck,which should be just below clipping.But normaly I just set the volume at 3/4 and make my amp adjustments from there.
    Thats exactly what I do, volume at 3/4 max then I'll set my amp at quarter gain or so and leave it. So you set volume at 3/4 and gain at max? Wouldn't you get tons of distortion that way. Whenever I set the gain it is never exacty the same I just listen for distortion and back off. I was just giving an example of how it is usually set after I listen to it. There is no real guide I just go by ear.

Drew

Setup in the works-
    2-18's ? 6th order?
    1-HK4000D@1 ohm
    4-Bravox 3-way comp sets

Ref's include: sundownz, army-killa, queball, wildsebring, foshay1123, greenman100, loud-n-low, acex3a, circa40, orangeless, PBateman, xtcxyooj, chaunb3400, oldschoolboomer (x2), SPLluminator, DBBOOM, Kevinn, JEXTEL, 169db , bernser1er ,wgsj_fortvalley, Gobulls09, BushJ311(x2) , cyoung88 , vickman08, uglydimple12, fatpat1080, SlabRider210 , Smaxor5, iamamp3pimp(x2), snoopysnooper

squeak12 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It depends on the output voltage. A HU with a low voltage would need more gain than a HU with a high voltage. You can't just say that if your volume is at 1/2 set the gain so added together they equal one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fearof85 View Post
    Thats exactly what I do, volume at 3/4 max then I'll set my amp at quarter gain or so and leave it. So you set volume at 3/4 and gain at max? Wouldn't you get tons of distortion that way. Whenever I set the gain it is never exacty the same I just listen for distortion and back off. I was just giving an example of how it is usually set after I listen to it. There is no real guide I just go by ear.

Drew
    No what I am saying is I set my volume to the max listening volume,the highest I turn it up,then set my gains.Th egain could be 1/2 way 3/4 5/8 like you said its all varible.I just ment that you can't just say casue the volume is 3/4 th gain is 1/4.

That is all

154.8@34hz

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squeak12 View Post
    It depends on the output voltage. A HU with a low voltage would need more gain than a HU with a high voltage. You can't just say that if your volume is at 1/2 set the gain so added together they equal one.
    I never said that I do that, it just works out that way most of the time. I set it by ear and it come out different everytime. One thing I never do is max the gain out on my amps, the most I think I've ran is 3/4 gain with an old JVC w/ maybe 1 volt preouts.

Drew

Setup in the works-
    2-18's ? 6th order?
    1-HK4000D@1 ohm
    4-Bravox 3-way comp sets

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fearof85 View Post
    I never said that I do that, it just works out that way most of the time. I set it by ear and it come out different everytime. One thing I never do is max the gain out on my amps, the most I think I've ran is 3/4 gain with an old JVC w/ maybe 1 volt preouts.

Drew
    I get what your saying.I think where saying the same thing just in different trems.
    All is good in da hood

154.8@34hz

ThatChevyGuy is offline i heart Jager

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

back on track!!

VIDS!

REFS:
    Squeak9798, Kumbos310w6, BigBangTheory, Jmanpc, MillzThaYungin, WLDock, -Leister-, ThomasG, J31Rob (and a few more I have forgotten)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider Monkey View Post
    eat my asshole you insignificant bastard child of a retarded dingleberry cunt wrinkle fuck toy
    Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    her pussy better be that nicest pussy you ever ever ever had. she better suck, swallow, jack off, eat ass and snatch, make sammiwich, do yard work and fix the vehicals while nude. Because a bitch like that is definately gonna cause alot of stress in your life, even thou she keeps your wallet and your balls drained.
    Quote Originally Posted by 05fronty View Post
    bitch you better swallow and not make a mess

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Viddddsss!!!!!

Drew

Setup in the works-
    2-18's ? 6th order?
    1-HK4000D@1 ohm
    4-Bravox 3-way comp sets

KHARPS is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I hope to get a demo sometime!

REFERENCES
    cam5860, Godsmack, dropkick13, ls2poweredgoat, bunkerking09, ProjectPechkin, GavinVoy, kmanian, magnum21, natetate, gqjeff, mustangowner, ssackett, hazardous0388, Rusty...WCA, ohsosmooth, grassroots, Leister, Scott S, Pyro_by_Nature, teamsolo, jblcamry, pickup1, got_focus?, fasfocus00, Zellner, Goindef154, Darknight, orangelss, Thorshammer1, BigSix

theMessenjah44 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annarbor84 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYzY-...e=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6Ygu...e=channel_page

Buffalo Wild Wings ftw, everybody from the show went there and everyone had alarms. Needless to say the parking lot was loud
    Well ****...I guess I should have gone to BWW, looks like fun

Annnarbor84 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theMessenjah44 View Post
    Well ****...I guess I should have gone to BWW, looks like fun
    Indeed, seems like it will probably be a regular thing after the shows

S.B.C. is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ok ok ok no fighting sir's hahahaha

Unfortunatley i havent gotten a chance to take the DMM to her yet- What I was told to do by Mike @ Maxxsonics was keep adjusting the input till it clips- back off a lil.. The same with output on it.

Vids when I can

1st Incriminator Audio Rep in the US
    Team SBC
    Team IA

The Streetbeat Customz Alternator Line is now Available!
    Refs - ssackett- parker g - forceww- slam- dbman150-annarbor84 - kylediablo - theMessenjah44 - Korn4life - One Bad MOFO -CrazyKenKid -Buck- Itnelavffej- Phemps - Flex'd- jnralp00 - brandonbm- AudioXtremes- 1phatclipse Strakele- bassaholic- Curse - Owners1-Villeza1-jf2oo6- DaRevrin- DDbump - adixon816 and 30 others

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast