So a guy i met brought me this range rover today to re-install everything. He told me he just got the truck for real cheap down in SC and youll see why. Heres an equipment list of what im reinstalling
- Alpine 7892 HU
- Alpine Sound Field Processor ERA - G320
- Alpine V-12 DC Straight 4 ch
- Alpine V-12 Expert 2ch
- Rockford 4" speakers up front
- Unknown DVC 6.5" speakers in the rear
So when i got the truck today i looked it over and explained to him how id have to completely rewire everything including the radio etc (all bare wires, trashed, no integration harness) What it looked like is someone attempted to install the amps, subs, HU, etc and had an epic fail 5 minutes into the install. Im talking wires ran straight through the truck, bare wires grounding out everywhere, masking tape on connections, twist caps, unknown hot wires everywhere, 18g speaker wire for power and ground on amps, etc. Another thing is the antenna has been completely removed from the truck somehow, so idk what hes gonna do about that. I may have a universal replacement laying around i can use for him.
My plans -
- Install the sub 2ch amp on rear seat, rerun all RCAs and power wires, etc.
- Rerun speaker wires to all the door speakers, rockford 4" upfront and stock 3 way comps in back
- Attempt to repair all the destroyed trim, etc.
- Make an actual dash kit for the truck from kits i have laying around
My Questions -
- Couldnt find an acc. wire, anyone have an idea what color it is? Im gonna get out tommorow and start testing wires and find out the hard way.
- What the **** kind of DVC door speaker is that? Ive never seen one, makes sense though.
- You guys have any range rover specific install tips for me?
Ill update as i get more done. Tommorow all the new speaker wires are gonna be ran and door panels reinstalled, then ill get onto hardwiring the alpine in and then get on to the amp.