Closed Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Reload Thread: blowthrough/6 12's

TnT_Sounds is offline profiling gets **** done!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Re: blowthrough/6 12's

****in druggies!

Nah, its a Ford Limited

3 8's

39.9 consistently

Quote Originally Posted by PV Audio View Post
    It will never be proved that loudness is somehow related to SPL because it isn't.

Loudness, a subjective measure, is often confused with objective measures of sound pressure such as decibels or sound intensity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Kulicki
    Building a stereo just to measure it's sound pressure level is like building a microwave oven for no reason other than to measure it's electromagnetic radiation emissions.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Got my mirror and ring terminals today:

I just need to figure out what kind of glue I need to use to glue the mirror to the box.

Any suggestions?

3 8's

39.9 consistently

It will never be proved that loudness is somehow related to SPL because it isn't.

Loudness, a subjective measure, is often confused with objective measures of sound pressure such as decibels or sound intensity.
    Building a stereo just to measure it's sound pressure level is like building a microwave oven for no reason other than to measure it's electromagnetic radiation emissions.

Einzee is offline Service Professional

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Id think that you could use Liquid Nails in a tight WWWW pattern. They do make a spec product for mirrors and it won't damage the silver coating on the back of the mirror.

Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes!

It is best to remain silent and be thought of as stupid, rather than opening your mouth and removing all possible doubt!

Quote Originally Posted by Twistid View Post
    Try taking the positive wire from your battery and run it to the engine block, see if that should fix things...
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
    THE FUSE AT OR NEAR THE AMP PROTECTS THE AMP. WIRES DO NOT NEED "PROTECTING" WITH A FUSE SINCE THEY ARE NOT POWER PRODUCING DEVICES.
    Quote Originally Posted by shake this View Post
    Which one sounds better (short small diameter or long large diameter)?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Einzee View Post
    Id think that you could use Liquid Nails in a tight WWWW pattern. They do make a spec product for mirrors and it won't damage the silver coating on the back of the mirror.
    Thanks, also this mirror is 1/8" acrylic mirror. Not glass mirror

3 8's

39.9 consistently

stevew007 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    102 Post(s)

silicone! then when you rebuild again you can just peel it off

REF'S 96maxgle, LcKmyblls, djman37, nomad40, el_chupo_ , jep772, got focus?, platestacker45, randyrsx, duece212,DB_DRAG_SPL, ProjectPechkin

http://www.myspace.com/colorado_basswarz

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevew007 View Post
    silicone! then when you rebuild again you can just peel it off
    I thought about that, but someone I talked to said silicone has no holding strength. I also thought conatct cement but I dont thint it would hold up to well unless i poured a ton of it in there

And I dont want to do that.

3 8's

39.9 consistently

stevew007 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    102 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TnT_Sounds View Post
    I thought about that, but someone I talked to said silicone has no holding strength. I also thought conatct cement but I dont thint it would hold up to well unless i poured a ton of it in there

And I dont want to do that.
    thats funny because my glass guy will hang 1/4" mirror 5x6 on the wall with silicone and it dont go anywhere maybe it's some silicone/adhesive

REF'S 96maxgle, LcKmyblls, djman37, nomad40, el_chupo_ , jep772, got focus?, platestacker45, randyrsx, duece212,DB_DRAG_SPL, ProjectPechkin

http://www.myspace.com/colorado_basswarz

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevew007 View Post
    thats funny because my glass guy will hang 1/4" mirror 5x6 on the wall with silicone and it dont go anywhere maybe it's some silicone/adhesive
    Hmm.. weird.. Im gonna call the plexiglass shop and see if they recommend anything.

3 8's

39.9 consistently

Annnarbor84 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You had to learn the hard way not to eat at Taco Bell

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Bought some mirror mastik from Home Depot.... Should be able to start wrapping up this build by next week... Got good news from the x-ray doctor and he said only thing thats severly damaged is my rotative cup in my shoulder. My collar bones are just dis-located and once the swelling goes down more they can reset them back into place. And in my leg it was nothing a few screws and plates couldn't fix. The same leg already had a torn ACL and cracked growth plate, but the accident caused it to fracture more and they plated and screwed the 2 pieces of bone together. I was quick to assume the worse of injuries beings the stupid ER doctor kept giving false information. The x-ray doctor said he cant know nothing till the swelling goes down. Went to a real doctor yesterday in the Colorado Springs at Memorial Hospital and he said everything is healing just fine and sent me on my way.

So on the plus side, I can go back to work next week, have almost full function of my leg and shoulders and be able to finish whats left of the system with some help of course.

Down side is my leg will never be 100% again and it will forever have problems and my shoulders will be constantly sore if Im off my meds due to me being addicted to them now.

3 8's

39.9 consistently

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Got some more accessories in the mail... Going to hopefuly start putting everything together next week if the weather quits being so ******.

Thats a ton of 2/0 going in.

3 8's

39.9 consistently

bigbangtheory is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

***** to hear about the accident. I was in a nasty one and my car looked like an accordian, lol! She hit me at 60, from behind (no ghey!) and I hit the car in front of me so hard, it totalled her car and did a **** ton of damage to the car in front of her. I got the worst of it, well the car did and for the most part had minimal injuries.....just some cotusions and what not and torn ligaments and it did fawk me up for the rest of my life, but no broken bones......which may have been better anyway.

Good to see your back up and getting ready to finish this bad boy. Good luck with the rest of it.

Refs~Max Power(ST), bnevets27(ST), 99oldsintrigue(ST), matrxx dude(BF), Ficaraudio(BF), Zachzchw(BF), tigerf117(ST), 5.7TBI(BF), DBfan187(ST), Joesph M(ST), 97gp(ST), Cornbreadxd(ST), SlappinX(ST), nycspudz03(ST), bl0ckd(BF), Sctattooer(ST), hitman34608(ST), Wackdogg(ST), ggk(ST), 03F150MrSBF(STx2), Dye4metal(ST), Mikey7182(BF), Wu501(BF), Twisted_0912(BF), Crunklech(BF), psychoacoustics(BF), Tyler Chavez(ST), GTO Dave(ST), Thisistiny(ST), DarkScorpin(BF), davidtemple(BF), BassaddictJ(BF), Geoff_off_me(BF), Dragnix(BF)

BF=Bought from
    ST=Sold too

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigbangtheory View Post
    ***** to hear about the accident. I was in a nasty one and my car looked like an accordian, lol! She hit me at 60, from behind (no ghey!) and I hit the car in front of me so hard, it totalled her car and did a **** ton of damage to the car in front of her. I got the worst of it, well the car did and for the most part had minimal injuries.....just some cotusions and what not and torn ligaments and it did fawk me up for the rest of my life, but no broken bones......which may have been better anyway.

Good to see your back up and getting ready to finish this bad boy. Good luck with the rest of it.
    Dude, you know what? I really think women should not be allowed to drive. Whenever Im driving down the road and someone infront of me does something ironicaly stupid, I right away say, "What the **** is She doing?"

Now I’m probably going to get slapped with some male chauvinist label from the feminist rite because evidently, the acknowledgment of a gender-related observation is nothing short of sexist--just like saying that all women have a ****** is a stereotype. Ironically, most women feel that they--as a whole--possess the superior driving skill on account of their statistically lower accident (and insurance) rates, neglecting to realize that insurance companies gauge your degree of liability, not your skill.

Look at it this way: You could further reduce your accident rate by simply leaving the car in the garage and going on foot, but does this in any way translate into superior driving ability? By that logic, I could also claim to be a better skateboarder than Tony Hawk because I haven’t gotten into anywhere near as many skateboarding accidents as he has.

Thanks tho man! Glad to hear your OK too. Hopefuly I get this **** done.

3 8's

39.9 consistently

bigbangtheory is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TnT_Sounds View Post
    Dude, you know what? I really think women should not be allowed to drive. Whenever Im driving down the road and someone infront of me does something ironicaly stupid, I right away say, "What the **** is She doing?"

Now I’m probably going to get slapped with some male chauvinist label from the feminist rite because evidently, the acknowledgment of a gender-related observation is nothing short of sexist--just like saying that all women have a ****** is a stereotype. Ironically, most women feel that they--as a whole--possess the superior driving skill on account of their statistically lower accident (and insurance) rates, neglecting to realize that insurance companies gauge your degree of liability, not your skill.

Look at it this way: You could further reduce your accident rate by simply leaving the car in the garage and going on foot, but does this in any way translate into superior driving ability? By that logic, I could also claim to be a better skateboarder than Tony Hawk because I haven’t gotten into anywhere near as many skateboarding accidents as he has.

Thanks tho man! Glad to hear your OK too. Hopefuly I get this **** done.

I joke with my wife all the time about how women should not be allowed to drive, as it was a women who almost took my short life span. She usually laughs it off, but is funny, because I may sound like I am joking, but in no way am I joking. I am actually being honest! Besides my mother, who can actually drive, I don't think most of them should be on the road. A lot of women get side tracked with putting on make-up and just not paying attention. Men do too and cause accidents as well, but not as many as women, but that is just from my experience. I have been in a few accidents, all which have not been my fault and all have been from women!

Anyway, take care of this build, so we have something to look at and more importantly yourself.

Refs~Max Power(ST), bnevets27(ST), 99oldsintrigue(ST), matrxx dude(BF), Ficaraudio(BF), Zachzchw(BF), tigerf117(ST), 5.7TBI(BF), DBfan187(ST), Joesph M(ST), 97gp(ST), Cornbreadxd(ST), SlappinX(ST), nycspudz03(ST), bl0ckd(BF), Sctattooer(ST), hitman34608(ST), Wackdogg(ST), ggk(ST), 03F150MrSBF(STx2), Dye4metal(ST), Mikey7182(BF), Wu501(BF), Twisted_0912(BF), Crunklech(BF), psychoacoustics(BF), Tyler Chavez(ST), GTO Dave(ST), Thisistiny(ST), DarkScorpin(BF), davidtemple(BF), BassaddictJ(BF), Geoff_off_me(BF), Dragnix(BF)

BF=Bought from
    ST=Sold too

springer is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

nice build man... subscribed. sorry to hear about your accident but good you are going better. good luck...

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

User Tag List