Closed Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Reload Thread: slapmaster's OFFICIAL monster groundpounder build log. 60+ speakers and counting.

audioarsonal is offline JaMarcus

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: slapmaster's OFFICIAL monster groundpounder build log. 60+ speakers and counting.

nice.The fleck finish really hides any imperfections.

Bought from:whiteram,Pyro_by_nature,AudioXtremes,Slab,IA2
    Sold to:annarbor84,ssackett,tapout383
    built for:skeptikal,Raid3r89
    SHADY SELLER:memphisman00
    Subs:4 Incriminator Audio Death Row 15's
    amps: Memphis 4K
    154.8@34hz

mklett33 is offline Mark -CarAudioFabrication

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: slapmaster's OFFICIAL monster groundpounder build log. 60+ speakers and counting.

I cant believe you didnt add glass, i mean they look tight, why not add glass? it isnt expensive

iamamp3pimp is offline Bass Heads Entertainment

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mklett33 View Post
    I cant believe you didnt add glass, i mean they look tight, why not add glass? it isnt expensive
    also unnecessary.

i didnt add glass to my tweeter pods, if its stiff enough you just dont need it.

www.BassHeadsENT.net for all your custom enclosure needs
    Offering build service and expertise in the Tampa area as well as enclosures shipped nationwide!
    Robin@BassHeadsENT.net

Check this thread for all the build logs being posted.
    http://www.caraudio.com/forums/suppo...ks-thread.html

wasted ink is offline wasted incorporated

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iamamp3pimp View Post
    also unnecessary.

i didnt add glass to my tweeter pods, if its stiff enough you just dont need it.
    what is giving them strength then? kitty hair? or just resined fleece?

thats insane you guys dont use glass for these things.. i can understand small sail panels where the tweet cups are bascially in or on the panel, but in this case, thats a large enough area where there HAS to be flex if its just fabric and/or filler/kitty hair. the span has to have some flex to it when you push it..

- RE Audio MT18 - Sundown Audio SAZ1500D - MB Quart ESA216's - Powermaster S680's -
    References:
    FGF: Rza, EpicenterDesigns, mbdblue(x2), Zade08, capricefrk013, Aaron93, Yaleroynot
    CA: DoingStuffWell, BLACKonBLACK98, bdubs767, Slowd N Throwd, Hydrosoundz, brentbarrie, 18inchjeepin, 99grandprixGT, Derrick824, massiveaudiocw
    CACO: Ridnclean, splvictim20, canyouhearmatt

WOT
    WOT is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Who cares? He says its fine and hes happy.... WHO CARES

came out nice

iamamp3pimp is offline Bass Heads Entertainment

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wasted ink View Post
    what is giving them strength then? kitty hair? or just resined fleece?

thats insane you guys dont use glass for these things.. i can understand small sail panels where the tweet cups are bascially in or on the panel, but in this case, thats a large enough area where there HAS to be flex if its just fabric and/or filler/kitty hair. the span has to have some flex to it when you push it..
    i personally would have laid a layer of glass on the backside of it, but from what it looks, the drivers will be playing midrange/highs only, so it wont have enough flex to make a difference, if any at all....

www.BassHeadsENT.net for all your custom enclosure needs
    Offering build service and expertise in the Tampa area as well as enclosures shipped nationwide!
    Robin@BassHeadsENT.net

Check this thread for all the build logs being posted.
    http://www.caraudio.com/forums/suppo...ks-thread.html

slapmaster is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by slapmaster View Post
    it'll be fine. with those wrinkles and curved surfaces, it's strong anf riggid enough to handle vibrations. if they were load barring in any way, i'ld glassed them too. if i'm loud enough to break them with my bass, i'ld be more than happy to rebuild them.
    .....search my threads, I've worked with glass long enough to know what pieces I can get away with without glassing and what I can't. its no biggy. when it comes to glassing, ''their,s more than one way to skin a cat''

SOLD TO

Wilson, Weeznur32, jake the ssnake, jayisking, loudaccent, delvryboy, flipside1212, jeramydean , 2000LaDe, burakol, jco1385, chronic_mka , LS7GTSR

BOUGHT FROM

chronic_mka, James Bang, MKIVR32, Pipo, audiofusion_spl, Rashaddd(x2), fo0manchu, pedro123 ,

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

id have to see them in person i guess, it just looks like too much of a span to go without glass. if it works, all the more power to you. i dealt with glass for a while myself, i wasnt questioning the quality of your work, just lookin' out. either way they looks great, ive always loved the look of fleckstone.

- RE Audio MT18 - Sundown Audio SAZ1500D - MB Quart ESA216's - Powermaster S680's -
    References:
    FGF: Rza, EpicenterDesigns, mbdblue(x2), Zade08, capricefrk013, Aaron93, Yaleroynot
    CA: DoingStuffWell, BLACKonBLACK98, bdubs767, Slowd N Throwd, Hydrosoundz, brentbarrie, 18inchjeepin, 99grandprixGT, Derrick824, massiveaudiocw

bigbangtheory is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Looks really good!

Refs~Max Power(ST), bnevets27(ST), 99oldsintrigue(ST), matrxx dude(BF), Ficaraudio(BF), Zachzchw(BF), tigerf117(ST), 5.7TBI(BF), DBfan187(ST), Joesph M(ST), 97gp(ST), Cornbreadxd(ST), SlappinX(ST), nycspudz03(ST), bl0ckd(BF), Sctattooer(ST), hitman34608(ST), Wackdogg(ST), ggk(ST), 03F150MrSBF(STx2), Dye4metal(ST), Mikey7182(BF), Wu501(BF), Twisted_0912(BF), Crunklech(BF), psychoacoustics(BF), Tyler Chavez(ST), GTO Dave(ST), Thisistiny(ST), DarkScorpin(BF), davidtemple(BF), BassaddictJ(BF), Geoff_off_me(BF), Dragnix(BF)

BF=Bought from
    ST=Sold too

mklett33 is offline Mark -CarAudioFabrication

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

idk I wouldnt even worry about the flex but rather something hitting it... i guess it doesnt make sense to me to spend all that time on making something nice but not spend the extra ten minutes to actually apply fiberglass...

Honez is offline SMOKING CAUSES CANCER

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iamamp3pimp View Post
    also unnecessary.

im planning on filling mine with expanding foam instead of glassing overthem

but this is one sweet install... keep up the good work

[CENTER]ALCOHOL IS A WONDERFUL THING
    Quote Originally Posted by req View Post
    how did otuy prely before i poste d the is thread! wat tneef uck

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mklett33 View Post
    idk I wouldnt even worry about the flex but rather something hitting it... i guess it doesnt make sense to me to spend all that time on making something nice but not spend the extra ten minutes to actually apply fiberglass...
    x2.. must just be the FGF crew seeing this lol

References:

jeremy.vaughn is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

good job so far, i liked that you removed the fur.
    also good work on the wheels i had to polish a 2 sets awhile back and its a real pain in the @#!. cant wait to see the finished product though.

LDW3RD is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

happy new year!

All reggae all the time.....

slapmaster is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LDW3RD View Post
    happy new year!
    same to ya!

SOLD TO

Wilson, Weeznur32, jake the ssnake, jayisking, loudaccent, delvryboy, flipside1212, jeramydean , 2000LaDe, burakol, jco1385, chronic_mka , LS7GTSR

BOUGHT FROM

chronic_mka, James Bang, MKIVR32, Pipo, audiofusion_spl, Rashaddd(x2), fo0manchu, pedro123 ,

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast