Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Reload Thread: Box Build For myself for 2 se's

Pioneer~Saturn is offline Dr. Enclosure

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: Box Build For myself for 2 se's

ive been away and didnt refresh and posted it ...then everything came up instantly and yea...blah

<First and only dual-alternator 'real' Saturn (pre 2002) on the planet>
    Team Concepts, Team Shok Industries Team XS Power
    Soon: Mystery subs + AQ20k
    12.75 cubes net ~25Hz tuning 200 sq inches of port (lowz?)
    AC position- 250 amp alt
    Stock alt position- 225 amp alt
    (2) XS Power D3100's
    4 power+ 4 ground runs of 1/0-gauge to rear
    152.1 @ 40Hz legal, certified...just getting started.

Wkbdkid is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

good looking start man. Youve been busting out a lot of boxes latley, especially kerf'd ones. keep em going

Refs: ToxicTuan, LivinLife, BigWill, Bushtree,Chaarlieee,80INCHES, SupaC,Rtillaree,Dalucifer, Dumple91, CRXBMPN, Shallowfu, Calikid, 90accordman, Zeuslicious, IonSQL, Quino, Slowbmw,Twisztdpunisher,
    themommyvan, MSW Danny, Theelfkeeper, Fusion FREAK, Bigtymer2306, keviNxL, WooferCooker, Team H & K, Luv2Shroom

Twisted_0912 is offline .........................

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wkbdkid View Post
    good looking start man. Youve been busting out a lot of boxes latley, especially kerf'd ones. keep em going
    yeah since it is snowing out i have to work in my garage and it is full of mdf dust and my parents are getting upset haha. But thanks for the compliment

I build Enclosures PM me

Refs:
    Spy(Bought from),Goodie(traded With),Benner410 (enclosure),Timbo12(enclosure),TheMan007(Enclosure ),Upzaw2000(x3)(bought from),Bobby32(Enclosure),Tacovic(Enclosure),KoolWh ipMan(Traded With),lilmaniac2 (bought from),MarkyMark(Enclosure), HypnoticCure(Traded with),AngryOscar(Enclosure), MisterGrubbs(Traded With),LoggedOut(Enclosure x4/Traded With), Andrios(enclosure), bigbangtheory(Enclosure),Retoaudioinc(traded with), blaze383(sold to), Snow90(Enclosure), Serpent710(traded with), MysticStyl3z(sold to),cwill5(Bought from), Kingkongjr(Enclosure/Traded with), BrandonB (traded With), Moo_Awn(Bought From), Slam330(enclosure),18inchjeepin(sold to)

AcidikBass20 is offline Bass Addict

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted_0912 View Post
    Ok i decided not to go With plexi on my box because it is like $50. But this box is 4 cubes tunued to 33hz after displacement for 2 12inch re se's. It has a 6 inch double flared port.

thats all i got right now but more later today

How did you make those flares in the port?

Head - JVC KW-AVX810J, Delphi XpressRC
    Front - Infinity Reference 6x9, 6.5, 5.5
    Sub - 2 Earthquake DBXi-12 (new coming)
    Amps - 2 Sundown SAZ-3000s, Kenwood KAC-4802
    Acc - 4 Batcap 2000, DC AD250SP alt, 4 runs of Knu 1/0 Kolossus Flecks wire, Stinger fuses and ends

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

its called kerfing an he posted a link on the first page on how to do it. Also try searching in the enclosure section, bunch of threads on it if you want more info.

Refs: ToxicTuan, LivinLife, BigWill, Bushtree,Chaarlieee,80INCHES, SupaC,Rtillaree,Dalucifer, Dumple91, CRXBMPN, Shallowfu, Calikid, 90accordman, Zeuslicious, IonSQL, Quino, Slowbmw,Twisztdpunisher,
    themommyvan, MSW Danny, Theelfkeeper, Fusion FREAK, Bigtymer2306, keviNxL, WooferCooker, Team H & K, Luv2Shroom

IDSkoT is offline Resonating Reticular

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Pioneer, take your sweet time, why don't you?

How are you going to implement the plexi? You cutting the wood out and using the plexi or something?

Now designing / building boxes.
    (Only building sealed and aero port boxes.)
    PM me.

Feedback Thread

Refs: MSW Danny, atsaubrey (great seller), ampjunkielikeme, wgsj_fortvalley, tEh koRnDog, bad @SS chevy, Nismos14 (who is the man. )

rumblebee2 is offline I'm Higher Than You

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

let me see if i can explain my question well enough. ok, so where the "kerf" is that you showed in the above picture, there will a space between that wood and the outter wall wood. does this ever vibrate and or flex too much or is it pretty much strong enough as is?

refs:blkmrideon22s,skrilla22,eatank,ampjunkielikem e,werd,snoopysnooper,team3d, 350zspl, finkster

Feedback Thread:
    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=383386

'05 Reg. Cab 1500
    H.U.- pioneer deh-6800mp
    Sub Amp- saz-1500d
    Sub- tc3k 12" Quad 1.4ohm
    Front Stage- pioneer garbage
    Front Amp-
    Wires- Knu Flex 1/0
    Rca's- Knu Krystal
    Fuse holder- kicker

IDSkoT is offline Resonating Reticular

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rumblebee2 View Post
    let me see if i can explain my question well enough. ok, so where the "kerf" is that you showed in the above picture, there will a space between that wood and the outter wall wood. does this ever vibrate and or flex too much or is it pretty much strong enough as is?
    You kerf by cutting strategic lines that don't go all the way through the wood evenly spaced at certain intervals to allow the wood to bend at those points. People usually glue in between the kerf cuts after they glue it to the box... some use wood filler in between, and some use fiberglass resin to make it sturdy.
    And, as far as flexing.. the structure of a circle is stronger than a square. Thus, if done right, a kerfed curve will not flex.

Now designing / building boxes.
    (Only building sealed and aero port boxes.)
    PM me.

Feedback Thread

Refs: MSW Danny, atsaubrey (great seller), ampjunkielikeme, wgsj_fortvalley, tEh koRnDog, bad @SS chevy, Nismos14 (who is the man. )

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IDSkoT View Post
    Pioneer, take your sweet time, why don't you?

How are you going to implement the plexi? You cutting the wood out and using the plexi or something?
    i decided not to use the plexi on the box the other drawing was one i had wanted to do in the first place but since the plexi was 50 shipped i decided not to

I build Enclosures PM me

Refs:
    Spy(Bought from),Goodie(traded With),Benner410 (enclosure),Timbo12(enclosure),TheMan007(Enclosure ),Upzaw2000(x3)(bought from),Bobby32(Enclosure),Tacovic(Enclosure),KoolWh ipMan(Traded With),lilmaniac2 (bought from),MarkyMark(Enclosure), HypnoticCure(Traded with),AngryOscar(Enclosure), MisterGrubbs(Traded With),LoggedOut(Enclosure x4/Traded With), Andrios(enclosure), bigbangtheory(Enclosure),Retoaudioinc(traded with), blaze383(sold to), Snow90(Enclosure), Serpent710(traded with), MysticStyl3z(sold to),cwill5(Bought from), Kingkongjr(Enclosure/Traded with), BrandonB (traded With), Moo_Awn(Bought From), Slam330(enclosure),18inchjeepin(sold to)

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

up for teh updates

I build Enclosures PM me

Refs:

wasted ink is offline wasted incorporated

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

excellent kerf work. i love it. whats your plan for terminals?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wasted ink View Post
    excellent kerf work. i love it. whats your plan for terminals?

thanks man

just ordered some of those off of parts express. but i should have got some of yours from you

I build Enclosures PM me

Refs:

wasted ink is offline wasted incorporated

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

haha no worries man, just busting balls. theyre always available.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wasted ink View Post
    haha no worries man, just busting balls. theyre always available.
    sent u a pm

I build Enclosures PM me

Refs:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

comming along nicely. An sweet pick up, I need to get a new nail gun, mines old as ****.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast