Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Reload Thread: The b*tch's box.

IDSkoT is offline Resonating Reticular

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The b*tch's box.

Well, as some may know, I suckered myself into an audio build for my ex girlfriend. (she broke up with me soon after I ordered the equipment, and I felt obligated to finish what I started.)
    It was my full install solo. Normally my Dad helps me, or his employee (Real cool guy, was into audio back in the day, he was bragging he had 3 W6's back when they were new. He went Bankrupt due to a shitty friend who fucked him over.)

Anyway,

Car: 1992 Integra LS Coupe

Equipment:

Pioneer 2000IB or some ish, she had it before. It only had rear pre-outs.
    x2: RF P3 12 2DVC
    PG RSD 6.0's
    Zapco iForce i-250 (for the highs)
    G&S G6000 or some ish like that. It's supposed to do 1K @ 2-ohm for the lows.
    4-AWG run back, 8AWG to amp. 8AWG grounds.

The pictures aren't really comprehensive. I just snapped pictures with my phone when I thought about it... so there's not too many good pictures.

Meow... let's get started:

A picture of the P3 vs Yoohoo can. This might not be big for some of you, but I'm used to really crap systems. So, I was pretty stoked to be able to get the opportunity to work with with a magnet that size. o_o It's just a shame it won't be put up to it's full potential.

[The next few pictures are gunna be pretty crappy. The first day I got the car, I stayed up 'til 3 running wires and installing the speakers. It wasn't fun. I just wanted to get it done... but, I decided after finishing the car itself, to take my time building the box. ]

[NOTE:: I'll take some more pictures of everything once I install the box. Maybe tomorrow.]

Doors with tweets installed. I think it looks great:

I ran into a problem when trying to wire the speakers. Unlike most cars, the Integra has a Molex-style plug where the wires run through instead of just a through grommet. Don't ask me why. I don't know. But, to fix it, just need a screw driver, a rag, and a drill.
    Here's what it should look like in case anyone has to work on an Integra soon:

The molex plug has two sections, basically. The top section doesn't have any wires running through it. Pick the appropriate drill size, and drill through. I was trying to find a walk through online, but no one had decent information. On one site, someone said to be careful. But, I saw no need to.
    NOTE: You can also just use a screw driver and hammer it through the top since it's pointless...
    Or you can do it the "proper way" and get some female/male connectors for each side of the plug... again, I saw this pointless. No use doing that much work on my ex's POS car.

Here's the Zapco iForce i-250 mounted up all nice and snug in the driver's side recess in the trunk. I'll snap a new shot in the light. I think it looks clean.

Now designing / building boxes.
    (Only building sealed and aero port boxes.)
    PM me.

Feedback Thread

Refs: MSW Danny, atsaubrey (great seller), ampjunkielikeme, wgsj_fortvalley, tEh koRnDog, bad @SS chevy, Nismos14 (who is the man. )

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: The b*tch's box.

Now for the part that arguably is the only thing that matters to some people.
    TEH BOXX!!!!

3.6 cubes tuned to ~39.
    4" diameter PVC 9.5" longs (IIRC)

This is my brother learning how to use a table saw. I used my Dad's before, so I was showing him how to measure up and such.

This is the only pieces of wood I actually took pictures of:

In retrospect, I don't know what side that is...
    (excuse the lawn, my lawn mower broke, and I haven't gotten the parts to fix it yet.)

My little stencil I included on the inside of the box in the back:

Now, I don't have a picture of the front / top, but I had to use an air-saw. Arguably the red-headed step-child of air and saw tools. It's much like a jig-saw, and in theory is better than a jigsaw... except the blade ends way too early, and it doesn't really have anything you can push against to ensure a straight cut. So, the blade bends a lot, causing all weird angles in the cuts. With that being said, the holes for the subs and the holes for the PVC were all messed up angles. I decided to use some home-made wood filler. (AKA, wood dust and wood glue. I'm not sure how well this stuff actually works, but it makes it look nice. I added a nice bead of silicone ontop.

The outcome:

It came out good, I think.

Now, with the box all glued up and siliconed up.. I decided to give it a nice test.

The amp is underpowering the subs by a long shot. They're 500 watts RMS each, and this was giving 600 between the two.

But here's some pics outside:

Subs sitting on a bench outside. The back part fell during a hurricane and it's just too heavy to move. I plan on taking a sledgehammer to it one day. Vids will be posted:

Box:

Ghetto-rigged:

Final conclusion:
    These P3's hit hard with only 600 watts. However, I didn't turn up the volume too much, nor did I even screw them in yet. But, as it were, they had a slow response. This could be the design/construction of the box (it was half assed, honestly), or the subs themselves. However, they are pretty loud outside of a car. I'll post more info when I test it in her car.

PM me.

Feedback Thread

Refs: MSW Danny, atsaubrey (great seller), ampjunkielikeme, wgsj_fortvalley, tEh koRnDog, bad @SS chevy, Nismos14 (who is the man. )

Fusion_FREAK is offline Story of My Life...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Looks pretty good.

Yea, all the Hondas and Acuras have the plugs. Would have been easier to just splice into the stock wire up in the dash. When I did the components in my Civic, I had to drop the doors and drill holes.

Post pics of the car.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion_FREAK View Post
    Looks pretty good.

Yea, all the Hondas and Acuras have the plugs. Would have been easier to just splice into the stock wire up in the dash. When I did the components in my Civic, I had to drop the doors and drill holes.

Post pics of the car.
    Thanks. Like I said, first solo build. I'm pretty stoked about it.

I'll post pics of her car, interior, etc. tomorrow. It's an old beat up car, man. I can't even count how many times I've had to fix it. but the fcked up thing is, I'd trust it most than my Mustang.

And I just didn't feel like splicing, soldering, etc. I decided to go the brute way and just pry the damn thing off and drill through it.

PM me.

Feedback Thread

Fusion_FREAK is offline Story of My Life...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I wasn't able to do that in the Civic.. The door didn't open enough to get the plug out. Dropping the door was the only option.

Gotta love a Honda... You can't kill a Honda unless you starve it for oil. I drove the **** ouf of the Civic every day, and it seen redline and bounched off the rev limiter almost every 10 minutes I was in it.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion_FREAK View Post
    I wasn't able to do that in the Civic.. The door didn't open enough to get the plug out. Dropping the door was the only option.

Gotta love a Honda... You can't kill a Honda unless you starve it for oil. I drove the **** ouf of the Civic every day, and it seen redline and bounched off the rev limiter almost every 10 minutes I was in it.
    Haha, even then, man. I looked at her oil one time and the dip stick wasn't even hitting oil.

But, the Integra's doors were tough to open enough. Hence why I used a really long screw driver. Once it popped out, drilling was easy.

PM me.

Feedback Thread

sqhertz is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

not too bad mang. i wouldnt of done **** for an ex of mine. besides told her the **** i bought for her is getting returned , lol.

btw , your ugly brother kinda looks familiar , where do you stay?

- Ref.s -
    ssbogger , derek9087 , mike dressure , xluben , brocken , QtrHorse , marley1 , byoon001 , IonSQL , Duke , TheBaron929 , SiX , Andar , blackbonnie , SPLV , dbaudio , dillinja666 , 97cavy , dropkick13 , TeamPSI , foreman , integra88 , bangincaraudio , spinelli , gkatmar , MustangGT25YRS , stockgp , FASTIMES , ultimate157 , Reson8 , vitveet , req

bball09124 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IDSkoT View Post
    nor did I even screw them in yet.

But, as it were, they had a slow response.
    You might want to do that before you make any judgements as to how they sound.

bought from: cbrrocketrdr, bk12321, galacticmonkey, jnoel, aaronmiiller, revrider1, QtrHorse, brchd, Calikid, IA2, miker, dontknowanythin, Towncar, woofercooker, speedyg76, cd6551
    traded with: lorilee8284, Boominator
    sold to:ravens9322, Blinkdogo2, dbubble, Fusion_FREAK, oneill584, jrgreene1968

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sqhertz View Post
    not too bad mang. i wouldnt of done **** for an ex of mine. besides told her the **** i bought for her is getting returned , lol.

btw , your ugly brother kinda looks familiar , where do you stay?
    We lived in Homestead when we were young, moved to Kendall when we were in our early teens, then to Perrine in our high school days.
    Right now we live around 160th and US1. But, he went to ACE up in the Gables, and now we go to Miami-Dade. He also used to work at a Marina? (Marine Stadium Marina, in Key Biscayne)

Where do you live?

Quote Originally Posted by bball09124 View Post
    You might want to do that before you make any judgements as to how they sound.

Haha, yeah. I'm gunna go buy screws soon and test it again.

PM me.

Feedback Thread

sqhertz is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IDSkoT View Post
    We lived in Homestead when we were young, moved to Kendall when we were in our early teens, then to Perrine in our high school days.
    Right now we live around 160th and US1. But, he went to ACE up in the Gables, and now we go to Miami-Dade. He also used to work at a Marina? (Marine Stadium Marina, in Key Biscayne)

Where do you live?

off marlin and us1.

went to school and cutler ridge middle , and southridge (before i dropped out after 6 months). oh well he just looked familiar..

- Ref.s -
    ssbogger , derek9087 , mike dressure , xluben , brocken , QtrHorse , marley1 , byoon001 , IonSQL , Duke , TheBaron929 , SiX , Andar , blackbonnie , SPLV , dbaudio , dillinja666 , 97cavy , dropkick13 , TeamPSI , foreman , integra88 , bangincaraudio , spinelli , gkatmar , MustangGT25YRS , stockgp , FASTIMES , ultimate157 , Reson8 , vitveet , req

cj407 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

dont know what either of you are talkin about with the molex connections...i've had 2 hondas i've done full installs on and one other that i've worked on (my roommates) and neither of them have had the molex connections. maybe thats only an acura thing or it happened on hondas after 95. cuz mine were 90 lx sedan, 90 crx si(which i currently drive) and my roommates is a 93 ex coupe. none the less i wouldnt have felt obligated unless it was something that i had done to her to make her break up with me....grow some balls. or your jus that much in love with her.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cj407 View Post
    dont know what either of you are talkin about with the molex connections...i've had 2 hondas i've done full installs on and one other that i've worked on (my roommates) and neither of them have had the molex connections. maybe thats only an acura thing or it happened on hondas after 95. cuz mine were 90 lx sedan, 90 crx si(which i currently drive) and my roommates is a 93 ex coupe. none the less i wouldnt have felt obligated unless it was something that i had done to her to make her break up with me....grow some balls. or your jus that much in love with her.

Molex plug.

As for the chick... I just got out of High School, so all of my friends went away to college and I was just left with her. I dated her for 2 or 3 months, nothing too serious. I did it because of this romantic notion that she'd remain my friend because of it-- or, by doing it, it proved I still wanted to be her friend.
    I never loved that bitch. I barely even liked her. I only dated her 'cause she was the last person in Miami who was still my "friend". All of my other friends went out of state.
    I realize now that it was dumb. But, I started it, and I finish what I start.

PM me.

Feedback Thread

quest51210 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

what a *****!

refs:bhsdriller-sold, jermaine29-sold, stereohead69-sold, foreman-bought, dconder-bought, SVTRelampago-bought, Mihklo-sold, CRXican-bought, dron178-sold, wes007parks-bought, elementalXB-sold, revrider-sold, IonSQL-bought.

Under old S/N SATX210: zachzchw-bought, lowlinc-sold, ksin291-sold
    got quite a few good refs on diyma, caco, and ebay under Quest51210

jfink is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

^^^ what cj said. my ex is constently asking me to fix her system. Like they said in school.....Just say No

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by quest51210 View Post
    what a *****!
    Me or her?

But she is.
    She's a pretentious pot head who believes she's superior than everyone else and lays there like a log during the ***.

But she had nice *******

PM me.

Feedback Thread

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast