Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Subaru Impreza setup help

revcor632 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon14 Subaru Impreza setup help

Hi, I am new to this forum and to the world of car audio as well. I recently purchased a 2002 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS to replace my gas guzzling 1966 Barracuda and would like to make it SLAP.

I already have subs in a box and an amp that I acquired from a friend a while ago..only because he needed money so I figured getting a good deal on the stuff would come in handy later. The subs are two Rockford Fosgate P1 10's, and the amp is a Rockford Fosgate P6002 2-channel.

Other than this, I understand I need a deck and interior speakers (if I was to replace the interior speakers which I'm not sure is necessary).

Can anyone recommend a deck and speaker set up? It should be a fairly low budget set up, I'd like to keep it well under $400. So any input on what might work well with the equipment I have currently would be much appreciated!

pilyin is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Re: Subaru Impreza setup help

I have an 03 RS. Tell you right now that your front door speakers don't have much room. I had to make a custom mount for my Infinity's and they barely fit. I put an eclipse CD5000 in mine and love it. In my other car I put an Alpine 9855. I think I personally like the Alpine a bit more, but they're both great decks.

You can kind of see it here. The bottom part of the speaker bracket is about 3/4 inch out farther than the top, which is flush. It was the only way I could get clearance for the window to roll down and enough clearance to not need to cut the door panels. It barely fit. Good luck. If you need any tips on the car, PM me.

Alpine 9886
    Diamond Audio H600S 6.5 comp
    Infinity Kappa 62.9i
    Diamond Audio D3 10"
    Alpine PDX 1.150
    Alpine PDX 1.1000
    Big three done.
    Yellow top.

Closed Thread