Closed Thread

Reload Thread: 1993 Talon DL

OddLawnGnome is offline Total Newbie :)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1993 Talon DL

I will be soon in possession of a 1993 Talon DL, have yet to check out the sound but I have some money put aside for a new sound system if needed, and because its a 1993 everyday car I'm betting they won't be that great.

I know absolutely nothing about car audio, I'm looking to get a system for somewhere around 300-400 total. Don't need subs, my plan is to not need a seperate amp. Current setup is completely stock. I listen to mainly rap so I need some speakers with good bass response that can handle that kind of treatment. Like I said, don't need to sterilize anyone through their ears, but a system that is expandable should I feel the need to add a sub later would also be good.

Here are my specs according to Crutchfield:

In-dash stereo
    7-5/8" depth; Size code E

Front speakers
    Dash: 4"
    Front Door: 6-3/4"

Far rear speakers
    Rear Seat Side Panels: 6-3/4"

So far http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-DEH-P4...350917&sr=8-11 seems like a good bet, I have a 5.5G iPod Video which is compatible with that reciever, I've seen it in stores and the display is nice and crisp with a simple UI. Suggestions are always welcome though, I only need 1 cd slot because I'll be using my iPod unless someone else is in the car. It would also be nice to have a receiver capable of interfacing with my iPod so I can change through songs without having to use the scroll wheel and also have it charge at the same time.

(Yes I know the head unit isn't THAT big of a deal but shhh )

Suggestions for any and all parts are welcome, as well as reccomendations for good places to get the speakers installed somewhere around the Bay Area. I'm certainly not going to BestRape

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 1993 Talon DL

Bump for some love

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just put the order in,

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...X0DER&v=glance

will arrive on Tuesday after I've spent the weekend subjecting the poor car to a driver who will have to learn manual

macq32 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

whatsup man, welcome to the site

words of advice, dont waste your money on speakers if your not getting an amp. The headunit isnt going to be able to power them properly and you wont be too impressed with quality, you need to be able to power speakers to their optimum performance.

I would recommend you find a nice 4 channel and get 6speakers, which is how i started. A lot of people find rear speakers pointless, I agree. I would personally invest 2ce the money on the component set and get something nice. Also you will get a much better bang for your buck finding deals in our classifieds section. you could find $800 (or better) worth of equipment used for $400

If you're set on rears I have a par of Infinity Kappa 693.7 3-way 6x9s up for sale, used for 9 months but in perfect working/cosmetic condition, paid $160 new, the thread is in my signature if you want to look into it

Headunit: Kenwood eXcelon x791
    Front: Morel Tempo 6
    Amp - PG Xenon 200.4
    Subwoofer: SI Mag v3
    Sub Amp: PDX 1000.1

Sold To - sctattooer, FunBoyThomper, Chereck04, beyap, xplayazplayzonx, Switt23Bought From - speedfreak28, Sir Smoke A Lot, connersdad19, NE14MX, dcmcki, joeybutts32 , lyttleviet, newtitan, mike75356, wmflyfisher, stopdrpnro, LaserRed38, ZellnerTraded With - Audiobahnuser18
    RIPPED OFF BY NUKEITALL

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My bar to be impressed is already set fairly low

And what is a 4 channel? Are you referring to the receiver?

DBBOOM is offline DWN4MYN

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lot of online audio stores, shop before you buy, save yourself money. Ask questions on here. If you can wade through the azzholes, you can usually get answers. And post the questions in the correct topic.

Natural selection at work.

macq32 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OddLawnGnome View Post
    My bar to be impressed is already set fairly low

And what is a 4 channel? Are you referring to the receiver?
    yea im referring to an amplifier. maybe youd be happy with them hooked to the headunit, maybe not. but i know for sure that you aren't going to see what a speaker can do without giving it its optimal power. I would suggest a 2channel amplifier and a decent set of Component (tweeters and midbass in the door) speakers. the less equipment you buy on a really tight budget the can focus your money on something thats not cream of the crap.

thats my .02 but feel free to shoot me a pm if you have questions or didnt understand something. good luck

Headunit: Kenwood eXcelon x791
    Front: Morel Tempo 6
    Amp - PG Xenon 200.4
    Subwoofer: SI Mag v3
    Sub Amp: PDX 1000.1

Sold To - sctattooer, FunBoyThomper, Chereck04, beyap, xplayazplayzonx, Switt23Bought From - speedfreak28, Sir Smoke A Lot, connersdad19, NE14MX, dcmcki, joeybutts32 , lyttleviet, newtitan, mike75356, wmflyfisher, stopdrpnro, LaserRed38, ZellnerTraded With - Audiobahnuser18
    RIPPED OFF BY NUKEITALL

bigbangtheory is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you need a decent 4 channel amp, let me know. Have one uber cheap that will do anybody good.

Refs~Max Power(ST), bnevets27(ST), 99oldsintrigue(ST), matrxx dude(BF), Ficaraudio(BF), Zachzchw(BF), tigerf117(ST), 5.7TBI(BF), DBfan187(ST), Joesph M(ST), 97gp(ST), Cornbreadxd(ST), SlappinX(ST), nycspudz03(ST), bl0ckd(BF), Sctattooer(ST), hitman34608(ST), Wackdogg(ST), ggk(ST), 03F150MrSBF(STx2), Dye4metal(ST), Mikey7182(BF), Wu501(BF), Twisted_0912(BF), Crunklech(BF), psychoacoustics(BF), Tyler Chavez(ST), GTO Dave(ST), Thisistiny(ST), DarkScorpin(BF), davidtemple(BF), BassaddictJ(BF), Geoff_off_me(BF), Dragnix(BF)

BF=Bought from
    ST=Sold too

Closed Thread