Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Reload Thread: 15" RE SX off 1k rms in an Expedition (pics/vid)

Rashaddd is offline Terrrrrist

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

15" RE SX off 1k rms in an Expedition (pics/vid)

Little build for a local guy, box is 4 cubes net @ 35hz with 82in^2 of port. Has surprisingly good extension into the low 20's, pretty impressively loud in the 40hz range, and loses output pretty steeply above 60hz ish. He's very happy with it, said its quite a bit louder than he expected and I would agree. Nothing crazy though...

Anyway...here're the pics/vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5JREeiGujc

Refs: themommyvan, CharlieAnderson, bassknocker23, bigbirney420, wu501, _JaY_, lrc131, R/T Pimp, NeverEnuffBass, d-REW, slapmaster, headbussaboi, edzy, adio, 1ndatrunk, jfink, k_schutte, bigredhybrid, ARSkemp, s-saudio, pimpdaddyq, AudioFreak, scarolinablazin, ssackett, kylebechtold, craigzter, etc..................

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 15" RE SX off 1k rms in an Expedition (pics/vid)

fixing order of pics...

fixed.

Refs: themommyvan, CharlieAnderson, bassknocker23, bigbirney420, wu501, _JaY_, lrc131, R/T Pimp, NeverEnuffBass, d-REW, slapmaster, headbussaboi, edzy, adio, 1ndatrunk, jfink, k_schutte, bigredhybrid, ARSkemp, s-saudio, pimpdaddyq, AudioFreak, scarolinablazin, ssackett, kylebechtold, craigzter, etc..................

NeverEnuffBass is offline Got Bass?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nice sub looks brand new

Installer/fabricator at After FX Customs in Stamford, CT

98 Dodge Durango
    -Custom paint, lifted 5", 33s on 20s

72 Chevy Suburban
    Custom matte orange paint, bagged on 22s

jbizzle is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Box looks great mang

MW Car Audio - www.MWCarAudio.net

Feedback Thead: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/378649-jbizzle-feedback-thread.html

Andrew12 is online now Honda.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nice looking box. His mid's and highs seem rediculously loud outside the car?!

Bought from: Abell255, chaunb3400, justadork2u, massiveaudiocw, 3kracing, sundownz, terra
    Sold to: Headshothills, Stevey hustle, djeazie, LDW3RD, trailz516
    Traded with: cd6551

1999 Honda Accord Ex
    Pioneer 880
    Audiopipe 4 channel
    Eminence 6.5 x 4
    Mb Quart DSC2000.1 x 2
    1 12" Omega D2 in a 4th order bandpass ported through the rear deck

mjf
    mjf is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

seems like a bit too much port area IMO.

for 4 cubes the max i would have shot for was around 65"

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew12 View Post
    Nice looking box. His mid's and highs seem rediculously loud outside the car?!
    you have no idea lol...his front stage would keep up with my MJ's no problem...they're loud as hell, and only rated at 25watts each with a built in amp idk how much power its givin em...but yea...

spencer321 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

how would you rate the sx15 up to you MJ's that you still havent gotten metered lol (im not going to let it go till you get some numbers)

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spencer321 View Post
    how would you rate the sx15 up to you MJ's that you still havent gotten metered lol (im not going to let it go till you get some numbers)
    well one thing I love about the MJ's (which I don't even realize except when I hear other people's subs) is they play clean and loud up to 100hz+ which the SX's really lose output quick in the upper sub range, which i said before, but they do hit the 20-30hz notes pretty **** well even tuned to 35hz like this...but all this may be more due to box than anything else...idk

I would definitely consider them in the future, they're nice subs no doubt

tez4life is offline Premium Member tez4life is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Beautiful box, looks like a clean install. What kind of mids and highs he running?

My cousin has a 2001 Expo and was curious about redoing his setup, im going to mention this thread to him.

Nice work

2004 Ford Crown Victoria

Alpine 9887 HU
    Stock 5x7 door speakers

System is a work in progress.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rashaddd View Post
    well one thing I love about the MJ's (which I don't even realize except when I hear other people's subs) is they play clean and loud up to 100hz+ which the SX's really lose output quick in the upper sub range, which i said before, but they do hit the 20-30hz notes pretty **** well even tuned to 35hz like this...but all this may be more due to box than anything else...idk

I would definitely consider them in the future, they're nice subs no doubt
    so your saying that the single SX15 off 1200w has better bottom end that your 2 MJ's?

ramdaspadhye is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That performs MUCH better around 5.5 cubes... I had mine in 5.5 cubes at 33hz and it pounded. Lows weren't that impressive, but it slammed pretty good.

2010 GMC CrewCab Z71 (stock for now)

=REFS=
    BryanCain (Trade)

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tez4life View Post
    Beautiful box, looks like a clean install. What kind of mids and highs he running?

My cousin has a 2001 Expo and was curious about redoing his setup, im going to mention this thread to him.

Nice work
    thanks man

so your saying that the single SX15 off 1200w has better bottom end that your 2 MJ's?
    lol no, the 2 MJ's kill this setup all around, im just sayin that considering its tuned to 35hz, I'm surprised at how well it's hitting 20hz.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rashaddd View Post
    thanks man

lol no, the 2 MJ's kill this setup all around, im just sayin that considering its tuned to 35hz, I'm surprised at how well it's hitting 20hz.
    oh ok good, you scared me for a minute, the plan is still 2 MJ's for me amp is undecided basically whatever will give me 1500w @ 2ohms that i can find cheapest in the classifieds at the moment, directed, hifonics, zx1500 etc. just working on active 2 way up front now, and wants its all planned out ill start spending obscene amounts of money that i don't have on this debt inhibiting hobby lol. But i keep a close eye on your builds and im still waiting on TL numbers for the MJ's *COUGH COUGH*

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

oh ok good, you scared me for a minute, the plan is still 2 MJ's for me amp is undecided basically whatever will give me 1500w @ 2ohms that i can find cheapest in the classifieds at the moment, directed, hifonics, zx1500 etc. just working on active 2 way up front now, and wants its all planned out ill start spending obscene amounts of money that i don't have on this debt inhibiting hobby lol. But i keep a close eye on your builds and im still waiting on TL numbers for the MJ's *COUGH COUGH*
    haha, well good news on that, ssackett informed me he bought a TL recently (he lives less like an hour away from me), so when he gets it all set up and in use, I'll rent it from him and get some numbers at least, i hope lol

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast