Closed Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Reload Thread: Build log for 1996 Lumina LS- The Blue Fury

connersdad19 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Build log for 1996 Lumina LS- The Blue Fury

looks good...very nice building on that box..

REFERENCES
    http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/239110-connersdad19s-references-6.html#post7494382

I will NEVER ship anything with UPS again. I ask that you NEVER ship me anything with UPS please.

Blue Fury is offline Quagmire's Chin

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Here are those Vifa tweeters

I did some work a week or 2 ago...

I got as far as 2 layers of mat and 1 of fleece but it ended up warping during the last drying period. Wasn't really mad because I figured it would happen. BTW that's a red pipe cleaner in the shape of a guitar I got as part of a birthday gift. I just realized that in the picture it's partially blocked so it looks kinda naughty.

***My build: 2 SSA Xcons, Sundown, Vifa, TB, Hertz, 880prs, etc.***
    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=359675

CA Refs: bought from: Jacka, bones22, civicman07, Zeuslicious, 90accordman, DesertDawg(<---EXCELLENT seller)
    Sold to: 97accordalpine, Jgyolai, brenTgrillzem, nicksredline, lantz, bagged97tacoma, Plottin4success, microhaxo
    ROE Refs: Bought from delvryboy, jnralp00, dcmcki, Mxman38, Excessive Amperage, GoinDef154, blackdragonx118, Assman.

Currently For sale: Everything

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This time around I kept everything in the car for every layer and it's coming out way better. The cardboard isn't the final shape of the baffle, its more for positioning, getting an angle and an extra hand for the tweeter. The tube is a substitute magnet for the mid to show exactly how much clearance I have without using the speaker itself.
    I just took these about a half hour ago while I was making cut lines on the fiberglass base. Only the driver one has this much progress, I'm going to do everything but wrap it in vinyl before I continue the passenger mount. They are facing the middle passenger and will angle upward towards the head.

Driver window:

Driver headrest:

Driver view:

Middle passenger ear position:

Front passenger:

Here's where I'd like some advice. Does the position look good so far? There isn't a whole lot I can do to change it in that location, but little suggestions still will help.

I suppose I should mention that I used cardboard because I knew I would move things around. This is one option for mounting and its not hard to figure out that it'll be pretty distracting, but it was the easiest to set up and best for imaging.

I cut the baffle down to a more realistic shape and its still big. On to option two.
    Last edited by Blue Fury; 01-29-2009 at 11:35 PM.

CA Refs: bought from: Jacka, bones22, civicman07, Zeuslicious, 90accordman, DesertDawg(<---EXCELLENT seller)
    Sold to: 97accordalpine, Jgyolai, brenTgrillzem, nicksredline, lantz, bagged97tacoma, Plottin4success, microhaxo
    ROE Refs: Bought from delvryboy, jnralp00, dcmcki, Mxman38, Excessive Amperage, GoinDef154, blackdragonx118, Assman.

01 S 10 is offline LOUD

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

thats a pretty big obstruction in your vision while driving, you could hit a small kid with your left front tire and not know it.. why not modify that baffle so the tweet and mid sit closer to the dash, looks like its 1 or 2 inches too high to me

-2005 GMC Sierra SLE crew cab
    -Pioneer Avic-d3, factory BOSE

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 01 S 10 View Post
    thats a pretty big obstruction in your vision while driving, you could hit a small kid with your left front tire and not know it.. why not modify that baffle so the tweet and mid sit closer to the dash, looks like its 1 or 2 inches too high to me
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Fury View Post
    The cardboard isn't the final shape of the baffle, its more for positioning, getting an angle and an extra hand for the tweeter. The tube is a substitute magnet for the mid to show exactly how much clearance I have without using the speaker itself.
    It cant go much further back at all (maybe 2 mm at MOST) because the magnet on the mid is so big.

01 S 10 is offline LOUD

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

how about putting the tweeter on the other side? right between the dash and the a piller panel

-2005 GMC Sierra SLE crew cab
    -Pioneer Avic-d3, factory BOSE

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 01 S 10 View Post
    how about putting the tweeter on the other side? right between the dash and the a piller panel
    That's what I planned on doing first, but there is a little heater vent right to the left of where the mid is now. I positioned the tweeter over it/next to it but it made more of an obstruction. Looking at the pictures, it looks much worse than it is. Believe me I sat in the car for about 2 hours working this out. I do know what ya mean tho.

Edit: Oh ya, another thing in my mind was to keep the 2 pointing the same way for better imaging. The main thing tho was the heater and more view blocked when they were reversed.

SPLluminator is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Its a Lumina!!! I got a 99. Its a crappy car. I like what you did with the seat screen. Is it pretty easy to do? If so, i might consider it. Get some more airflow through my car. Great build BTW.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Equipment for sale-220A alt, Eminence Delta 10" speakers, BNIB MB Quart Q4.80, (2) IA 20.1's (Newest Version), SI BM Motor w/ Basket, (2) Deka Intimidator G31 Batts, 2 RD Sonance 15's with baskets (need recone).
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Refs: Scott S, hornedfrog1985, dsmdan, Newageking, DBboom, R/T Pimp, SQcrewcab, Bumpin Buick, tangelo95, fearof85,
    coma_toast, Blackga, spy, LouisianaCRX, Oxsign, etc...

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SPLluminator View Post
    Its a Lumina!!! I got a 99. Its a crappy car. I like what you did with the seat screen. Is it pretty easy to do? If so, i might consider it. Get some more airflow through my car. Great build BTW.
    Thanks but about the seat... Hell no! I started it in November and it's just so tedious and boring that I hate to work on it. Out of 66" needed to be sewn, I've only completed 5 1/2". Thats not even including the the first try, going back and straightening it out, broken needles, and this try.

SPLluminator is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is there a way to keep the fabric but take out the foam. Just because i need to keep my seat up for street A and i need to get some more sound through.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Equipment for sale-220A alt, Eminence Delta 10" speakers, BNIB MB Quart Q4.80, (2) IA 20.1's (Newest Version), SI BM Motor w/ Basket, (2) Deka Intimidator G31 Batts, 2 RD Sonance 15's with baskets (need recone).
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Refs: Scott S, hornedfrog1985, dsmdan, Newageking, DBboom, R/T Pimp, SQcrewcab, Bumpin Buick, tangelo95, fearof85,
    coma_toast, Blackga, spy, LouisianaCRX, Oxsign, etc...

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The fabric can be pulled away from the foam but its a ***** to do without cutting the carpet. If you do it I suggest building a frame and a back to the seat. There are metal rods that go through where I cut and they should be replaced with some sort of support.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That first picture is what I based the first position off of, but the magnet on the mid is so **** big! The next position I'll try will be inspired by the first and the second picture.

myhcca15 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

nice job bro...props

WOT
    WOT is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Im trying to fiberglass some 6.5 in my a arms like that to, just made the moulds earlier today from the dash.

Just a slow process in the cold

Enellz is offline The Triple O.G.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Looks good

2003 CHEVY TRAILBLAZER
    AKA The Batmobile

Pioneer 6000UB
    Sundown SAZ-3000D
    (2) Audio Q HDC3's