Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36

Reload Thread: Dodge Avenger trunk build

  1. #1
    coogle's Avatar
    coogle is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    LOUISVILLE KY
    Posts
    155
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Dodge Avenger trunk build
























  2. #2
    coogle's Avatar
    coogle is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    LOUISVILLE KY
    Posts
    155
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dodge Avenger trunk build









  3. #3
    bonesninja's Avatar
    bonesninja is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Lima, Ohio
    Age
    41
    Posts
    14,803
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dodge Avenger trunk build

    quick question....do you mold that glass to form a lip over the water rail in the trunk opening and then just push the weather seal over the top of the glass?


    awesome work BTW



    Quote Originally Posted by chase007 View Post
    if u need a box...I'l taked 3 years of shop class so i know what im doing.

    after i explained to him there's more to a proper box than boards and glue and he should practice before trying to sell boxes to others

    Quote Originally Posted by chase007 View Post
    yes personaly if it was some one elce that just starting making boxes but i'v taken shop for 3 years now...Making a lil box is nothing i don't need to pratice on a box to get it right i learned alot of stuff from 1 box and i can fix that in my next box
    after i told him that customers would care about the looks of the box

    Quote Originally Posted by chase007 View Post
    if u want some thing that looks pretty why don't u find a black guy with a big d*ck.

  4. #4
    kush-divinity's Avatar
    kush-divinity is offline Klan of TN support Obama



    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    in line for DNA testing
    Posts
    530
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dodge Avenger trunk build

    My friend you are gifted I will say again.

    I have never seen triangle ports, how well do they work/sound?

    I have been into car audio for many years, but only in the last few been introduced to the modern day niceties.

    I will keep up with this, as I love to see crazy custom work.



    Lots of antique electronics.

    DEH-730
    Infinity Reference 6x8/Fultron tweet in all 4 doors
    Audiocontrol Epicenter
    US Amps HC-50(pink ftw)
    2 06L712 in 5.6 @ 27 for now
    NAPA 130amp alternator(142 actual)
    2ga Anchor Welding cable everywhere
    2 Group 29 Marine batteries - Brass Terminals


  5. #5
    coogle's Avatar
    coogle is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    LOUISVILLE KY
    Posts
    155
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dodge Avenger trunk build

    I spray or rub mold release on the rubber and glass all the wat to the edge of the rubber seal let it dry then take the seal off. then lay fiberglass matt over the hole panel right up to the metal of the trunk for a nice fit hope that made sense.




  6. #6
    bonesninja's Avatar
    bonesninja is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Lima, Ohio
    Age
    41
    Posts
    14,803
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dodge Avenger trunk build

    Quote Originally Posted by coogle View Post
    I spray or rub mold release on the rubber and glass all the wat to the edge of the rubber seal let it dry then take the seal off. then lay fiberglass matt over the hole panel right up to the metal of the trunk for a nice fit hope that made sense.
    i understand



    Quote Originally Posted by chase007 View Post
    if u need a box...I'l taked 3 years of shop class so i know what im doing.

    after i explained to him there's more to a proper box than boards and glue and he should practice before trying to sell boxes to others

    Quote Originally Posted by chase007 View Post
    yes personaly if it was some one elce that just starting making boxes but i'v taken shop for 3 years now...Making a lil box is nothing i don't need to pratice on a box to get it right i learned alot of stuff from 1 box and i can fix that in my next box
    after i told him that customers would care about the looks of the box

    Quote Originally Posted by chase007 View Post
    if u want some thing that looks pretty why don't u find a black guy with a big d*ck.

  7. #7
    ramdaspadhye's Avatar
    ramdaspadhye is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Memphis, Tenn
    Posts
    225
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dodge Avenger trunk build

    Might want to roundover the edges on your ports... may have to get the sand paper out for the corners...

    Looks good!



    2010 GMC CrewCab Z71 (stock for now)

    =REFS=
    BryanCain (Trade)

  8. #8
    coogle's Avatar
    coogle is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    LOUISVILLE KY
    Posts
    155
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dodge Avenger trunk build

    Quote Originally Posted by kush-divinity View Post
    My friend you are gifted I will say again.

    I have never seen triangle ports, how well do they work/sound?

    I have been into car audio for many years, but only in the last few been introduced to the modern day niceties.

    I will keep up with this, as I love to see crazy custom work.
    thank you ........... they work great and sound great . i rounded the ends over to reduce the port noise which if there was any it was very little . as long as the port area and the lenth are correct the shape don't to much .




  9. #9
    mjf's Avatar
    mjf
    mjf is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    asdf
    Posts
    2,611
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dodge Avenger trunk build

    Quote Originally Posted by coogle View Post
    thank you ........... they work great and sound great . i rounded the ends over to reduce the port noise which if there was any it was very little . as long as the port area and the lenth are correct the shape don't to much .
    when it comes to loading and otherwise, it certainly can, but for general daily applications its not enough to bother most people.




  10. #10
    IDSkoT's Avatar
    IDSkoT is offline Resonating Reticular



    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Miami, Florida
    Posts
    6,274
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dodge Avenger trunk build

    Triangle ports? epic.



    Now designing / building boxes.
    (Only building sealed and aero port boxes.)
    PM me.

    Feedback Thread

    Refs: MSW Danny, atsaubrey (great seller), ampjunkielikeme, wgsj_fortvalley, tEh koRnDog, bad @SS chevy, Nismos14 (who is the man. )



  11. #11
    coogle's Avatar
    coogle is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    LOUISVILLE KY
    Posts
    155
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dodge Avenger trunk build

    Quote Originally Posted by mjf View Post
    when it comes to loading and otherwise, it certainly can, but for general daily applications its not enough to bother most people.
    very true




  12. #12
    coogle's Avatar
    coogle is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    LOUISVILLE KY
    Posts
    155
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dodge Avenger trunk build







  13. #13
    ssackett's Avatar
    ssackett is offline Evo Audio



    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    4,816
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dodge Avenger trunk build

    Very nice bro!



    2011 Street A National Champion

    Incriminator Audio Dealer
    CA Sundown Audio Dealer

  14. #14
    kush-divinity's Avatar
    kush-divinity is offline Klan of TN support Obama



    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    in line for DNA testing
    Posts
    530
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dodge Avenger trunk build

    The triangle port there I can see it's application in limited fit situations. I love it.

    I may have to make the 5 hour trek to Loiusville to see some of your stuff in person.



    Lots of antique electronics.

    DEH-730
    Infinity Reference 6x8/Fultron tweet in all 4 doors
    Audiocontrol Epicenter
    US Amps HC-50(pink ftw)
    2 06L712 in 5.6 @ 27 for now
    NAPA 130amp alternator(142 actual)
    2ga Anchor Welding cable everywhere
    2 Group 29 Marine batteries - Brass Terminals


  15. #15
    coogle's Avatar
    coogle is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    LOUISVILLE KY
    Posts
    155
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Dodge Avenger trunk build

    Quote Originally Posted by ssackett View Post
    Very nice bro!
    thanks you Bro




Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts

1e2 Forum