endofdays89 is offline Banned

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: ***1999 Tracer Sealed Off Enclosure Build***

Quote Originally Posted by icweiner View Post
    i bet my "ported" box sounds X1000 better than your "sq" box LMAO and no that wont be loud at all. good try tho

also type x's **** balls and arent as loud as the r's

I didn't post this on here to have people tell me what to do. I posted it on here to show what i've been spending 4 hour per day trying to create. I didn't say anything negative, yet i'm getting haters screaming at me some random BS. Whatever man

i bet your taillights and trunk rattles sound awesome to don't they? All you guys come on here talking crap about my setup and you don't even know what your talking about. LOL.

and how can it sound better, i'm sure you have rattles everywhere that can be heard 2 blocks away. I bet people think your car is going to fall apart when they here you bumping, but i will stop there and just give you a link to what your car probably sounds like...... LOL!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf60l...eature=related

I love those rattles

oh, and thanks to bigbangtheory for not being an *** about things around here.

bigbangtheory is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Everything comes down to install! You get the haters Endofdays, because you do act like a durr, durr kid a lot of the time. I am only trying to shed light on your install and help you out. Maybe take you own as my pet project to help you see the light!

Also to anybody says the X's can't get loud, you have never heard them! In sealed applications, they sound wonderful and I have seen 1 12" do a 143 on a TL and was one of the nicer sounding subs I have heard.........in a trunked vehichle facing back. That was on 800rms to boot.

I will say they don't like much more power than 1000rms each though. The R's do seem to take the power better for some reason.

Endofdays, just do your thing and build your thang up. I am interested to see how it comes out and what kind of numbers you will get. And just to clear things up, you will never get rid of all the rattles, unless you want to spend a **** ton of money. Yeah, it won't rattle as much sealing it off from the trunk, but they will find new spots to rattle, trust me. When I sealed off my cavalier, it rattled the rear deck like crazy, then the doors and everywhere else. Trunk, not so much. I was going to invest in some deadener for the inside of the cabin and rear deck, but ended up switching it back and dealing with it for a couple months till I sold the car and bought my Focus ST. I now have my subs facing back and invested in about 400 dollars in sound deadener in fatmat and Second skin and it still rattles, but not nearly as much. Is now tolerable and people don't notice it much and even helped with the sound some. If you are not happy with how this setup goes, that is what I would try to do. Take it all out and put in around 70sqft in the entire trunk, rear deck upper and lower and then hit up the doors and floors with the rest. I have used about 150sqft of deadener in doing that so far. I have about 70sqft left and this coming summer doing the floors and then the roof and getting some LL for the floors, deflex pad and sealing the doors better with some roof flashing.

Refs~Max Power(ST), bnevets27(ST), 99oldsintrigue(ST), matrxx dude(BF), Ficaraudio(BF), Zachzchw(BF), tigerf117(ST), 5.7TBI(BF), DBfan187(ST), Joesph M(ST), 97gp(ST), Cornbreadxd(ST), SlappinX(ST), nycspudz03(ST), bl0ckd(BF), Sctattooer(ST), hitman34608(ST), Wackdogg(ST), ggk(ST), 03F150MrSBF(STx2), Dye4metal(ST), Mikey7182(BF), Wu501(BF), Twisted_0912(BF), Crunklech(BF), psychoacoustics(BF), Tyler Chavez(ST), GTO Dave(ST), Thisistiny(ST), DarkScorpin(BF), davidtemple(BF), BassaddictJ(BF), Geoff_off_me(BF), Dragnix(BF)

BF=Bought from
    ST=Sold too

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i just got finished putting the bracing in and i am letting the sealing glue set til tomorrow. I still haven't prettied it up yet, so it looks like **** right now. LOL!

By endofdays8989, shot with <KENOX S730 / Samsung S730> at 2008-10-20

it's actually got another front peice that will connect to the car, i am going to cut it out tomorrow and make the holes look better than the ones on this front piece.

By endofdays8989, shot with <KENOX S730 / Samsung S730> at 2008-10-20

JeepSound is offline vtec-lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by endofdays89 View Post
    I didn't post this on here to have people tell me what to do. I posted it on here to show what i've been spending 4 hour per day trying to create. I didn't say anything negative, yet i'm getting haters screaming at me some random BS. Whatever man

i bet your taillights and trunk rattles sound awesome to don't they? All you guys come on here talking crap about my setup and you don't even know what your talking about. LOL.

and how can it sound better, i'm sure you have rattles everywhere that can be heard 2 blocks away. I bet people think your car is going to fall apart when they here you bumping, but i will stop there and just give you a link to what your car probably sounds like...... LOL!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf60l...eature=related

I love those rattles

oh, and thanks to bigbangtheory for not being an *** about things around here.
    You get haters because you say things like that.
    A ported box means my trunk will rattle?

Anyways, box looks decent so far. Nice job.

Refs: psych0ticnemes1, zack39648
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigslistTard
    THEY ARE DUAL VOICE COIL SO THEY ARE BRIDGEABLE FOR THAT EXTRA SOCK IN YOUR TRUNK THAT MAKES EVERYONE THINK YOU HAVE 15'S

mjf
    mjf is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

nice bracing.

GMCJimmyslt2000 is offline ll Faded ll

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

the truth hurts doesnt it.....no need to whine about it

Refs:

Bought From- Spy, 18inchjeepin, BJ The Man, Jeeper07,
    Pjvoc, lil_italy773, NJTStang11

Equipment:

HU- Pioneer 4800
    Speakers- Stock Bose
    Sub Amp- Hifonics Brutus 1100@2ohm
    Sub- 15" Fi SSD w/ Copper Coils
    Box- 3cubes Tuned at 33hz

iamamp3pimp is offline Bass Heads Entertainment

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

bracing wasnt necessary, but it didnt hurt.

when you brace, dont brace the corners, they are the strongest point in the box.

set up window braces that cover area in the middle, as thats the weaker point in the MDF

www.BassHeadsENT.net for all your custom enclosure needs
    Offering build service and expertise in the Tampa area as well as enclosures shipped nationwide!
    Robin@BassHeadsENT.net

Check this thread for all the build logs being posted.
    http://www.caraudio.com/forums/suppo...ks-thread.html

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iamamp3pimp View Post
    bracing wasnt necessary, but it didnt hurt.

when you brace, dont brace the corners, they are the strongest point in the box.

set up window braces that cover area in the middle, as thats the weaker point in the MDF
    for some reason we didn't do window bracing this time. I don't know why, it wasn't my idea really. So you think we went overboard with the bracing?

my last box had window bracing in the middle though, and it took less time, my grandpa thought it was necessary though to do more this time.

bigbangtheory is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Gots the G-Pa helping ya? You got a cool paps.

I miss the day me and my dad or g-pa would do projects. Now my g-pa is over 80 and in bad shape and my dad works to much..............and is in bad shape physically. Enjoy those moments.

Refs~Max Power(ST), bnevets27(ST), 99oldsintrigue(ST), matrxx dude(BF), Ficaraudio(BF), Zachzchw(BF), tigerf117(ST), 5.7TBI(BF), DBfan187(ST), Joesph M(ST), 97gp(ST), Cornbreadxd(ST), SlappinX(ST), nycspudz03(ST), bl0ckd(BF), Sctattooer(ST), hitman34608(ST), Wackdogg(ST), ggk(ST), 03F150MrSBF(STx2), Dye4metal(ST), Mikey7182(BF), Wu501(BF), Twisted_0912(BF), Crunklech(BF), psychoacoustics(BF), Tyler Chavez(ST), GTO Dave(ST), Thisistiny(ST), DarkScorpin(BF), davidtemple(BF), BassaddictJ(BF), Geoff_off_me(BF), Dragnix(BF)

BF=Bought from
    ST=Sold too

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigbangtheory View Post
    Gots the G-Pa helping ya? You got a cool paps.

I miss the day me and my dad or g-pa would do projects. Now my g-pa is over 80 and in bad shape and my dad works to much..............and is in bad shape physically. Enjoy those moments.
    my grandpa is like my dad, since he is only 55. My dad is an alcoholic and never supported us, but yeah, me and my grandpa love doing this kinda stuff.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

well, i just had to hear it, so i just stuck it in there and wired everything up without painting it or anything else. It sounds really good, i still am getting a few rattles but i am sure that when i seal it up and do some deadening it will be much better. Even without sealing it off yet, i can barely hear any rattles from outside of the car and the doors closed, it is pretty nice. It will have a new front piece added on though as soon as we cut it out.

But anyway, i will paint it, seal it off and carpet it later, i just had to hear it and install it for a day or two before the rest gets finished. What do you think?

here's a few pics

By endofdays8989, shot with <KENOX S730 / Samsung S730> at 2008-10-21

Last edited by endofdays89; 10-22-2008 at 02:02 AM.

bhsdriller is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

your subs are crooked

Team Flex Issues
    4 18" Mayhems
    2 bc5500's

Bought from: ameduce(x2), Hatchet_Warrior, jeeper07,DB_DRAG_SPL,ssackett, lyttleviet,MillzThaYungin, blackbonnie, ryan1126, Goindef154(x2), Lonnie, dave_damage

Sold to: Ilovebass, nismos14, chednompton, teen, jonesy

miker is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Seal that thing up!, well fill the outside **** in lol.

REFS:
    Sold to- Sky Deaner, Jeeper07, brazilianguy, bjl95mustang, Mr Wiggl3s, Ridinhi (x2), Pootie

Bought from- kurtdirt1, jmanpc, doingstuffwell

Traded with- DaGhost, Spooney

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

well, after driving to the ymca and back, i have to say that sealing the box was the biggest surprise with my system yet. It changed the whole sound completely. It doesn't get quite as loud as i would like, but it sounds really good with tight, punchy bass and i think it really improved my sound overall.

I may have to upgrade to some type x's or something, but i am really happy as to how this box sounds.

miker is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It looks great..

What are your plans for a beauty panel?

REFS:
    Sold to- Sky Deaner, Jeeper07, brazilianguy, bjl95mustang, Mr Wiggl3s, Ridinhi (x2), Pootie

Bought from- kurtdirt1, jmanpc, doingstuffwell

Traded with- DaGhost, Spooney

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast