Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Reload Thread: Project A4

Rawr-DQ is offline !!!!Vote Third Party!!!!

Fort Myers, FL Posts:____________31,337,666,999
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Project A4

Hey you used a grommet, congratulations lol.

Should have invested in some latex gloves huh?

Quote Originally Posted by kickerassman View Post
    i was thinking some thing like this..... get a reall fine but strong sharp cable like them tension cables tie it around your neck and tie it to something..... then get some supper supper supper glue and glue your hands to your head.when the glue dries jump of the building with the cable cutting your head off and you would have your head glued to your hands ...... some one would see that and be like wtf omg that dude ripped his head off ... he mst have been pisssed!!!

My Current Build Log: (16 8" Sundown subwoofers)
    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=367352

brmcm15 is offline Oh lawdy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

nice car

08' VW GTI

Quote Originally Posted by SlappinAzz View Post
    jesus christ nukka, just smoke some pot and pretend it is the correct album.

headbussaboi is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rawr-DQ View Post
    Hey you used a grommet, congratulations lol.

Should have invested in some latex gloves huh?
    OEM grommet. Latex gloves are overrated. Should have used a Wal Mart plasic shopping bag and just smother the heck out of the deadener.

Quote Originally Posted by rookanga View Post
    I have 2 kicker cvr's 1000 rms 2000 peak, that's why a mono amp wont work, and I would like the amp to be 2000 watts

References: Iamexelite, 02parkave, prochabo, profund-sanus, 87grnissan, splchoice, downsouth954, inapontiac, groundpound4200, stuckinok, queball, brazilianguy, seattle206, bumpinbuick, fiercetimbo17, trippleT, mattmcss, cycloneman, us3, soloxjeep, scooter2479, weezner32, basebalz13, 01 s 10, eclipsepb25, doola36, crd, hrtbrk1, shaggy, newageking...more to come!!!

car_lost is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

for the deadener, if you add some water to it, it'll make it easier to work with so its not in clumps or too thick.

AcidicDreams is offline I don't need one of these

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by headbussaboi View Post
    OEM grommet. Latex gloves are overrated. Should have used a Wal Mart plasic shopping bag and just smother the heck out of the deadener.
    You talk like your joking. I've done liquid deadner twice and used my bare hands both times.... I tried to used an air sprayer once which lasted about 15 min... the second time it was pure hands...

Driving a 2003 Lexus GS430 and a 1996 Lexus LS400
    GS430 - Massive RK Tweets/Crossovers + Phass MW650 NEO Mids, JBL GTO 755.6 amp, IDQ12v2 in 1cu ft sealed substage

Refs: CA.com - excelerater, fosgate140, 99StangGt, desertheat, Frito, digital mint, dkguitarist, BoominBeast (didn't scam me), Fast1one, shiipseki, newtitan, Scoobydoo, spudracer326, sr_se-r, redlinese-r, James Bang, tweet02, effenay, and Mike Dressure ::: ECA - BBOYSTEVIE, Need-SQ ::: DIYMA - macxx, Kuztimrodder (very happy), and azngotskills

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicDreams View Post
    You talk like your joking. I've done liquid deadner twice and used my bare hands both times.... I tried to used an air sprayer once which lasted about 15 min... the second time it was pure hands...
    I was joking, but on second thought, that might have been a great idea, and a little too late for me.

I have 2 kicker cvr's 1000 rms 2000 peak, that's why a mono amp wont work, and I would like the amp to be 2000 watts

References: Iamexelite, 02parkave, prochabo, profund-sanus, 87grnissan, splchoice, downsouth954, inapontiac, groundpound4200, stuckinok, queball, brazilianguy, seattle206, bumpinbuick, fiercetimbo17, trippleT, mattmcss, cycloneman, us3, soloxjeep, scooter2479, weezner32, basebalz13, 01 s 10, eclipsepb25, doola36, crd, hrtbrk1, shaggy, newageking...more to come!!!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Finally getting the strength and motivation to continue this thing, slowly. As some of you know I've been selling a few things to fund for my dad's funeral so the Pioneer I was going to use got sold. I'm going to be using an Alpine 9855 for my HU. That's about the only change so far. I was able to spend a couple of hours today starting on one of the doors. I'm hoping to finish the rest tomarrow.

Stock door skin. These cars come with actual factory deadener already laid in the doors, rear deck, floor, and roof, FYI. I'm just adding a bit to help with flex and vibration. The stock system has quite a bit of midbass and judging by this picture, i don't think i need to cover the holes, since the pad already does that:

a bit of deadener:

This stuff is eD's v4 closed cell foam. I had a bunch left over from my last install:

These go in the front and rear doors. These doors come with factory comps in them, both front and rear:

Comparing the RE to Bose:

That's all for today. I didn't even finish this door so I'll try to keep as much detail as I can. Opinions welcome, especially on my deadening since I know I'm skimping on that a bit but if you give me a reason, I might have to just do the whole door.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't know how much longer this weather is going to last. It's been around high 50's, low 60's here in MN for the last week. So I took advantage of today's weather and deadened all the doors. I also installed components in all 4 doors. I feel good. I even re-did my power wire and pulled the Tsunami out. Kicker Hyperflex is in!!!
    Ninja:

Teh Hyperflex:

Tapping into the factory wiring. Bad as I wanted to run new wires, these doors require too much to do so. I don't see myself drilling into a door clip:

I have never used Alpine's glidetouch, heard mixed reviews. I sold the 7900bt so I'll have to use the 9855:

snoopysnooper is offline german engineering= fail

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

fvckin hot dude, i have a 01 quattro

2006 dodge caravan
    2 15" tc sounds/tantric hybrid subs
    10 cubes at 28 hz
    massive p3k and 2 runs of 1/0 ga with a juice box black cherry battery

refs: JaredSPL, oxsign (x2), SPY (x6 or 7), TheDukey42, SundownAudioNY, fearof85, donpisto, 97cavy, dylan1234, DBhittin, woofercooker, hemi= 22s, SMD4life, rumbleee2, ravens9322, terra, bryce-man and countless more
    100% on ebay, and hundreds of craigslist transactions

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Got more done today. Mostly just the box though. The RE RE comps are hooked up to the factory Bose amp as I need tunes til' I have my HU and amps installed. These things have major midbass, even more than the RSD's I used to have in my TL. One thing that I'm encountering is the front passenger mid sounding like it's scratching so I took it out and replaced it with the mid from the rear door. Everything seems fine now but when I test the mid with problems in home, it doesn't make that sound anymore. I think I'm just going to go ahead and reinstall it into the rear door. My latest status. Spent 3 hours or so doing this today.
    My workplace... the backdoor stairs:

The ports. I just can't afford Aeroports after what I just went through so PVC should do just fine... I hope:

The box:

Countersunk FTW!:

Round edges FTMFW!:

Before the sides went on:

I'm pretty proud of this box because I have no circular saw or table saw to make my cuts. No router or hole saw to cut my holes or round my edges. The only power tools I have are a jigsaw and drill. Edges were done with sandpaper 40 grit. Pretty **** straight too. You're going to be shocked at how it turns out, I'm not done.

dwright27 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Liquid deadener is not simple and clean to work with. The way my hand was looking, I should have used that instead of the **** brush.
    im ther same way

Guck Floves, Wait til lyou get resin in your arm hairs and it doesnt come off for a few days thats real fun.

dwright27 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Got more done today. Mostly just the box though. The RE RE comps are hooked up to the factory Bose amp as I need tunes til' I have my HU and amps installed. These things have major midbass, even more than the RSD's I used to have in my TL. One thing that I'm encountering is the front passenger mid sounding like it's scratching so I took it out and replaced it with the mid from the rear door. Everything seems fine now but when I test the mid with problems in home, it doesn't make that sound anymore. I think I'm just going to go ahead and reinstall it into the rear door. My latest status. Spent 3 hours or so doing this today.
    My workplace... the backdoor stairs:

The ports. I just can't afford Aeroports after what I just went through so PVC should do just fine... I hope:

The box:

Countersunk FTW!:

Round edges FTMFW!:

Before the sides went on:

I'm pretty proud of this box because I have no circular saw or table saw to make my cuts. No router or hole saw to cut my holes or round my edges. The only power tools I have are a jigsaw and drill. Edges were done with sandpaper 40 grit. Pretty **** straight too. You're going to be shocked at how it turns out, I'm not done.

ive done the rounding edges with sandpaper too. you definately appreciate it more and i went through around 4 of the 4 sheet packs for a 3.5 cube box

when you get a chance please buy a router though. those woofer holes irk me :P

on another note though, the box looks **** good for it to be cut with a jigsaw ...

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dwright27 View Post
    im ther same way

Guck Floves, Wait til lyou get resin in your arm hairs and it doesnt come off for a few days thats real fun.
    Don't even tell me that. Although I've done glass work before and it's never happened to me, I'm going to be doing some glassing with this project too.

dbhittin is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

nice man.. i want a pair of sx's in mine and more power

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I don't know if I'm going to finish this build but here's the box. Might as well have it in finished form since it's already built. Aluminum with black faded in. The only panel that has no paint is the back of the box.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast