Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Reload Thread: My 2006 FoFo (Focus) install...budget friendly!

bigbangtheory is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

My 2006 FoFo (Focus) install...budget friendly!

I had another build log, but was just that of my sound deadening job, so starting a new one of everything. I honestly was trying to get out of the audio game and I just couldn't take stock for more than a month.......or even componets just amped, lol! Also this is very budget as I am still saving for a house next year. Also I change out equipment a lot, so I just put it in there, no fancy work, just simple.

I spent around 470 bucks on this stuff, minus the box,highs amp and wiring(as I still had that from not selling) so as not to spend much more than the stuff I just sold, lol!

This system suprised the **** out of me for as cheap as the equipment is. Far better than my 2 type R's or my 1CVX and 1 Fi Q. Maybe it is the install, although I didn't do much more, matter of fact, running smaller wire with no extra batteries, lol! I do get dimming of the lights now, so battery is in the future.

Equipment list!
    Kenwood Excelon x-492 cd player with iPod direct connet (I rarely use my iPod 4g nano though)
    Pioneer Premier TSD-720c 6 3/4" Componet set
    Pioneer Premier TS-A831 6X8" co-axils in the rear
    2 12" Pioneer Premier TS-W1207-D4'S
    2 12" Sealed box at 1.75cft per chamber
    1 Autotek SM1-1000RMS Streeet Machine sub amp-running 1-ohm stable
    1 Clarion 400watt amp on the highs
    1 3-way Lanzar crossover, which believe it or not works better than the internal amp crossovers as I tried that first, lol!
    All 4g wiring as I got rid of my hyperflex 0/1g wire. So used what I had lying around.
    ZOMG, no batteries as of now, like I said sold most everything here or locally. The buyer of my 2 kinetiks said he would see me them back to me...Humm!

Pics!

Refs~Max Power(ST), bnevets27(ST), 99oldsintrigue(ST), matrxx dude(BF), Ficaraudio(BF), Zachzchw(BF), tigerf117(ST), 5.7TBI(BF), DBfan187(ST), Joesph M(ST), 97gp(ST), Cornbreadxd(ST), SlappinX(ST), nycspudz03(ST), bl0ckd(BF), Sctattooer(ST), hitman34608(ST), Wackdogg(ST), ggk(ST), 03F150MrSBF(STx2), Dye4metal(ST), Mikey7182(BF), Wu501(BF), Twisted_0912(BF), Crunklech(BF), psychoacoustics(BF), Tyler Chavez(ST), GTO Dave(ST), Thisistiny(ST), DarkScorpin(BF), davidtemple(BF), BassaddictJ(BF), Geoff_off_me(BF), Dragnix(BF)

BF=Bought from
    ST=Sold too

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

Re: My 2006 FoFo (Focus) install...budget friendly!

Refs~Max Power(ST), bnevets27(ST), 99oldsintrigue(ST), matrxx dude(BF), Ficaraudio(BF), Zachzchw(BF), tigerf117(ST), 5.7TBI(BF), DBfan187(ST), Joesph M(ST), 97gp(ST), Cornbreadxd(ST), SlappinX(ST), nycspudz03(ST), bl0ckd(BF), Sctattooer(ST), hitman34608(ST), Wackdogg(ST), ggk(ST), 03F150MrSBF(STx2), Dye4metal(ST), Mikey7182(BF), Wu501(BF), Twisted_0912(BF), Crunklech(BF), psychoacoustics(BF), Tyler Chavez(ST), GTO Dave(ST), Thisistiny(ST), DarkScorpin(BF), davidtemple(BF), BassaddictJ(BF), Geoff_off_me(BF), Dragnix(BF)

BF=Bought from
    ST=Sold too

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

Running this in front.

Buddys bike that helped me with the install.

My other helper as always after a good meal, lol!

BF=Bought from
    ST=Sold too

ArrizX is offline Scout 800 owner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)

Thats surprising you like those premier woofers so much.

Quote Originally Posted by matrxx dude View Post
    my girl ask me once to choose between her and my car audio,i told that ***** i had made harder decisions at the coke machine.
    Quote Originally Posted by tapout View Post
    DD and AQ had *** and an FI popped out?

Bought From

87grnissan - MTX 7515
    Blados - Rockford Fosgate P400.4
    chaunb3400 - Pioneer DEH-P4900IB
    FASTIMES - 4''x17'' Precision Port

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

Also I imagine this is over 140 plus. Sounds as loud as my two 12" type R's off 1200rms that I did on a TL a couple of years ago. This is the same box I had for my T's as well, but I had more power, big 3 and two dry cells, not to mention 0/1g wire in that car and this still sounds as loud and a lot cleaner to boot, plus was very budget. Type R's did 144.2 in a cavalier by the way.

I am very happy thus far with this setup, just need a dry cell in back and that will about do it.

Will get a video of it soon, but live in an apartment complex and don't like people knowing what I have.

Oh yeah reason I put everything in the trunk well (Which I couldn't believe I fit all it in there, lol!) is because I have a little one and need to fit the stroller and **** in there, so I flip the box up to where it is right at the rear deck so I can put the stuff needed there. Is pretty slick as when I move there is a little latch there to where it catches the box. You actually have to finango the box to get to come back down. Worked out really well.

Thanks for looking!

BF=Bought from
    ST=Sold too

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArrizX View Post
    Thats surprising you like those premier woofers so much.
    I was very skeptical when I bought them. Told myself, I just wanted a little beat in the back, well to my surprise my inital reaction was these sound like ****!

But after about 10 mins. of tunning, I was like holy **** balls, these are loud! I have quite a bit of sound deadening in my car with fatmat and Second skin and I am getting rattles I didn't get with any of my sub setups in this car from before.

Believe me, I am surprised. Now how long they last is the next question.

BF=Bought from
    ST=Sold too

jdc753 is offline Truck Brigade

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Looking good specially for that price, can't go wrong with that much gear for under $500.

Nice to see you went with the pioneer comps, how are you liking them??

Looks like you got the deadener covered for sure, must feel like a completely different car. Looks like a solid setup for sure, just hope you don't get a flat tire lol.

2005 F350 crew cab diesel 4x4
    -Work in Progress-
    HU: Alpine 9887 linked to 10.4" TS TruckPC
    Front Stage: Polk SR6500 Active
    Front Amp: Sundown Sax100.4
    Sub: Stereo Integrity Magnum V4 in the center console
    Sub amp: Sundown Saz-1500D

Refs: low_end, Relax, SSon22s, Johnson, tyroneshoes, twisztdpunisher, flakko, djhn9, KINGDELL91, amoffitt, Justin89T, 01 S 10, Mazzasec

99grandprixGT is offline now got an 04 grand prix

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

not bad man. i under stand the budget. i picked up type Rs for a budget set up. lol. those pioneers are not bad at all my friend has a pair in his car.

refs:
    wong05tsx, Buckyboy, Themommyvan, Team H&K, natisfynest(x2), Eat Italian,NewAgeKing, skierxx5556, wgsj_fortvalley, MmatsDude, bigpimpin91 ,wasted ink, JLbumpin04gp,itsbmw(x2),ltr450racer690, speedfreak28,jshak07,xplayazplayzonx,mcsoul, SPL-Master ,TNTR70, bumpin buick, vitveet, gqjeff, pioneer pimp ,bones22, nismos14, revrider1,bigbirney420,nineball,DBDRAGGUY ,plyer3,slam330, BeAlLsTaR13, smllysack,Andrew_as. dkhage1,boxdGM, blue200sx,rusty_armadillo, beatnbronco, basscort2009,xxxbasshead,SSS 18734,mcquesten

feedback

chunky cumz is offline past due splooge

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hmmm...
    subs - $100+ each
    Amp $200+ each
    wiring $$$$+
    Premier COmponent set $200+
    i happy pioneer sub user...... interesting..... PRICELESS

8=D

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jdc753 View Post
    Looking good specially for that price, can't go wrong with that much gear for under $500.

Nice to see you went with the pioneer comps, how are you liking them??

Looks like you got the deadener covered for sure, must feel like a completely different car. Looks like a solid setup for sure, just hope you don't get a flat tire lol.
    Yeah I spent around 500 on the new gear. All and all with deadener and what not I have over 1000 into it from over the years, not bad considering I have been through 3 different setups in this car and so far this is my favorite.

The 720c's are fantastic. I initally had them off my amp crossover and I liked them, but thought they had more in them. I hooked up the cheap 3-way and OMG! They are so crisp and clean and ranks as my favorite componet set thus far. I will keep these for some time.........unless something happens to them.

Also thanks bud! Need to check back on your thread.

Quote Originally Posted by 99grandprixGT View Post
    not bad man. i under stand the budget. i picked up type Rs for a budget set up. lol. those pioneers are not bad at all my friend has a pair in his car.
    Yeah they type R's shine in ported, but didn't sound horrible sealed, I even did decent numbers with them, but I think sealed these sound better and to the ear sound as loud, but that is just guessing. Need to hit up a local tl somewhere.

BF=Bought from
    ST=Sold too

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the12voltsux View Post
    hmmm...
    subs - $100+ each
    Amp $200+ each
    wiring $$$$+
    Premier COmponent set $200+
    i happy pioneer sub user...... interesting..... PRICELESS
    You have no clue, lol!

Reading pwns you my friend. Try it.

BF=Bought from
    ST=Sold too

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have the pioneer premier component set and i love it. never tried the subs tho. My premier set have always been underpowered but they sound fantastic.

8=D

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

I have the pioneer premier component set and i love it. never tried the subs tho. My premier set have always been underpowered but they sound fantastic.
    Oh, my bad, I thought you were talking ****.

Also I hope you didn't pay that much for your set, they can be had for 100 bucks on newegg.com.

I spent 120 on them.

They do sound fantastic though,

BF=Bought from
    ST=Sold too

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

lol i got fukd then.... 230 i think, 2 years about now. i only run 25 Rms to them tho, lol i have to crank em up to get the warm and fuzzy feeling out of them. i had a pioneer h/u before but them i upgraded to a panasonic hu, WOW panasonics h/u's are perfect.

8=D

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

lol i got fukd then.... 230 i think, 2 years about now. i only run 25 Rms to them tho, lol i have to crank em up to get the warm and fuzzy feeling out of them. i had a pioneer h/u before but them i upgraded to a panasonic hu, WOW panasonics h/u's are perfect.
    You must have the old set then. These are the new line of 720c's or least I thought they were. Even stated it on a review on the C&A electronics mag.

You are deffintley underpowering them for sure. Try saving up to get a decent componet amp and then be ready to have some fun.

BF=Bought from
    ST=Sold too

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

User Tag List