Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Reload Thread: My 2006 FoFo (Focus) install...budget friendly!

chunky cumz is offline past due splooge

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: My 2006 FoFo (Focus) install...budget friendly!

yeah, i put them in my 06 HHR with...
    3 type r 12"
    alpine MRD 1005
    alpine MRD 605
    $300 tom tom
    Panasonic h/u
    custom floor mats
    leds under dash and front seats.
    BIG AZZ BOX
    stubby antena
    premier component set
    and then i went broke......

Now i am buying a 2009 xb and starting all over... but i am buying all my equptment before i get the vehicle.
    I am giving the HHR and the system to the wife (only way i get the new car is if she gets the system... B!TCH!!!!!)
    So i said *** doing any more things to the car. she can have the underpowered premier set, i will just get another one... newer ones!

8=D

Twistid is offline 150.5

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hmm I was thinkin of puttin my amps in my wheel well, but I drive alot of long miles

How did you manage to fit those 6"s up front, looks like an adapter? I have an 03 focus I was thinkin of puttin some comp's in, I have a set actually with amp, but im just to lazy to install, how did you manage to run the wires from the comp to the amp? was it to hard to pop the door panel off?

"A modest little person, with much to be modest about."
    Winston Churchill

REFS: Spicmonster(buyer), playa1(buyer), splthunder(buyer), 949runner (seller), dbman150 (trade), pbulous (trade), bumpin97jeep(trade) , spudracer326 (seller) , 99stanggt (seller) , xplicitACTS (trade) ... and forgetting a few others
    BHCSAOWKF

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

are you asking me?

8=D

bigbangtheory is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the12voltsux View Post
    yeah, i put them in my 06 HHR with...
    3 type r 12"
    alpine MRD 1005
    alpine MRD 605
    $300 tom tom
    Panasonic h/u
    custom floor mats
    leds under dash and front seats.
    BIG AZZ BOX
    stubby antena
    premier component set
    and then i went broke......

Now i am buying a 2009 xb and starting all over... but i am buying all my equptment before i get the vehicle.
    I am giving the HHR and the system to the wife (only way i get the new car is if she gets the system... B!TCH!!!!!)
    So i said *** doing any more things to the car. she can have the underpowered premier set, i will just get another one... newer ones!
    Well then, now you can take my advice and have a looksy around some online sites instead of getting ripped off from big box retailers.

Like I said, on newegg.com they were selling my componets for 100 smacks shipped. Awesome price, especially since these componets sound as good as some high end ones.

Good luck on the new ride and at least it is a new xB and not the old one. I hated those little bread box rides.

Refs~Max Power(ST), bnevets27(ST), 99oldsintrigue(ST), matrxx dude(BF), Ficaraudio(BF), Zachzchw(BF), tigerf117(ST), 5.7TBI(BF), DBfan187(ST), Joesph M(ST), 97gp(ST), Cornbreadxd(ST), SlappinX(ST), nycspudz03(ST), bl0ckd(BF), Sctattooer(ST), hitman34608(ST), Wackdogg(ST), ggk(ST), 03F150MrSBF(STx2), Dye4metal(ST), Mikey7182(BF), Wu501(BF), Twisted_0912(BF), Crunklech(BF), psychoacoustics(BF), Tyler Chavez(ST), GTO Dave(ST), Thisistiny(ST), DarkScorpin(BF), davidtemple(BF), BassaddictJ(BF), Geoff_off_me(BF), Dragnix(BF)

BF=Bought from
    ST=Sold too

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

lol, the new ones (xb) are quite a bit different. I am taking all the advice in the world, still debating over Mojos, nightshades, RE's... 15"...... ***!
    I have mosty everything already figured out except subs.

8=D

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Twistid View Post
    Hmm I was thinkin of puttin my amps in my wheel well, but I drive alot of long miles

How did you manage to fit those 6"s up front, looks like an adapter? I have an 03 focus I was thinkin of puttin some comp's in, I have a set actually with amp, but im just to lazy to install, how did you manage to run the wires from the comp to the amp? was it to hard to pop the door panel off?
    Installs on the newer focus's are user friendly mang. IIRC you have an older one, but can't see it being much different. Panels on my car were very easy to take off. Just 8 little hex screws, some bolts 1/4mm and bingo, bango it is off.

I barely made it with the mid bass moofer as I just cleared the window. Was very close, so I don't suggest going much bigger than the moofer I had, or will need to do some major adaptor plates to extend out to fit and then you have the problem of trying to fit the door panel back on. Mine were just the factory adaptors, but have ran custom plates to extend a little as I had a tweeter in the adaptor plate with my last componet set in the Rsd's.

Oh yeah about the wire from the componets to amps, I just clipped to the factorys, lol! Still works and sound fantastic.

Also, I have Progressive full coverage with road side assistance, so I am just a phone call away for a free tow or whatever it may be.

Refs~Max Power(ST), bnevets27(ST), 99oldsintrigue(ST), matrxx dude(BF), Ficaraudio(BF), Zachzchw(BF), tigerf117(ST), 5.7TBI(BF), DBfan187(ST), Joesph M(ST), 97gp(ST), Cornbreadxd(ST), SlappinX(ST), nycspudz03(ST), bl0ckd(BF), Sctattooer(ST), hitman34608(ST), Wackdogg(ST), ggk(ST), 03F150MrSBF(STx2), Dye4metal(ST), Mikey7182(BF), Wu501(BF), Twisted_0912(BF), Crunklech(BF), psychoacoustics(BF), Tyler Chavez(ST), GTO Dave(ST), Thisistiny(ST), DarkScorpin(BF), davidtemple(BF), BassaddictJ(BF), Geoff_off_me(BF), Dragnix(BF)

BF=Bought from
    ST=Sold too

Twistid is offline 150.5

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How did you run the wires for the comp's through the door jam/rubber hose thing to under the carpet in driver's foot well ? I'm deciding if I should install mine with minimal tools in the parking lot of my dorm

edit:: you ninja edited me

Winston Churchill

REFS: Spicmonster(buyer), playa1(buyer), splthunder(buyer), 949runner (seller), dbman150 (trade), pbulous (trade), bumpin97jeep(trade) , spudracer326 (seller) , 99stanggt (seller) , xplicitACTS (trade) ... and forgetting a few others
    BHCSAOWKF

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

lol, the new ones (xb) are quite a bit different. I am taking all the advice in the world, still debating over Mojos, nightshades, RE's... 15"...... ***!
    I have mosty everything already figured out except subs.
    Yeah they are also a lot nicer looking.

If you want SPL I would check into either the nightshades or the newer Mojos. Both good options. I used to run an older mojo and really enjoyed it.

If you want a more SQ oriented sub to save room, check into SI Mags, the new ones. Look bad *** and hear they will be something else.

Good luck!

BF=Bought from
    ST=Sold too

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Twistid View Post
    How did you run the wires for the comp's through the door jam/rubber hose thing to under the carpet in driver's foot well ? I'm deciding if I should install mine with minimal tools in the parking lot of my dorm

edit:: you ninja edited me
    lol, good thing I read the ninja edit, was about to go off.

BF=Bought from
    ST=Sold too

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

is newegg a refurb site? i jsut looked at it, good prices.... not a huge selection but if they have what you want, you get it cheap.

8=D

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

is newegg a refurb site? i jsut looked at it, good prices.... not a huge selection but if they have what you want, you get it cheap.
    I don't think so. Most places like that usually tell you if it is a refurb or not. I have bought only one thing off them and came fast and packaged just right. Was only some headphones, but I got them for 14 bucks compared to 40 the store was selling them for, lol!

I generally do my audio shopping at onlinestereo.com, which still have good prices and free shipping on most products over 100 smacks. Good service as well. I probably have spent over 1500 in audio from over the years just from that site.

BF=Bought from
    ST=Sold too

Twistid is offline 150.5

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I got my asus laptop from them, cost around $1100... pretty good price, payed for it friday and it arrived monday IIRC...

Winston Churchill

BHCSAOWKF

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

yeah sonicelectronix has eaten my wallet

8=D

DBfan187 is offline Supa's mom was here!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Nice!

I'm curious as to how the bike helped you install all of that?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DBfan187 View Post
    Nice!

I'm curious as to how the bike helped you install all of that?
    It didn't, but he is trying to sell me the bike and I showed my wife it and she said maybe, lol!

Is a 1200 HD Sportster with custom exhaust. He wants 8,700 for it, so I doubt it, although a really good price I believe. Is a 2008, but he needs money bad.

BF=Bought from
    ST=Sold too

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast