Closed Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Reload Thread: Some crummy box Im making...

Mr. Slate is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: Some crummy box Im making...

Quote Originally Posted by bball09124 View Post
    Nothing bad was ever said in this thread about Sundown. He suggested that he would've liked to see a higher quality amp used in the install.

Just because someone recommends an amplifier over Sundown does not mean everyone needs to get their ******* in a bunch.

I am sure Jacob will agree that there are higher quality amps than the ones he produces. (although at a much higher price, and probably with a lot worse customer service)
    Exactly. Thank you sir.

Rawr-DQ is offline !!!!Vote Third Party!!!!

Fort Myers, FL Posts:____________31,337,666,999
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

if he hasn't made the component upgrades, or did anything to sound deadened the car, or buy a high quality deck and sound processors, then why should he get a "top of the line" amplifier to power his components?

Chances are it's a waste of money because the owner probably wouldn't tell the difference and doesn't have top notch quality formats of the music he listens to ANYWAY.

Quote Originally Posted by kickerassman View Post
    i was thinking some thing like this..... get a reall fine but strong sharp cable like them tension cables tie it around your neck and tie it to something..... then get some supper supper supper glue and glue your hands to your head.when the glue dries jump of the building with the cable cutting your head off and you would have your head glued to your hands ...... some one would see that and be like wtf omg that dude ripped his head off ... he mst have been pisssed!!!

My Current Build Log: (16 8" Sundown subwoofers)
    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=367352

bball09124 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rawr-DQ View Post
    if he hasn't made the component upgrades, or did anything to sound deadened the car, or buy a high quality deck and sound processors, then why should he get a "top of the line" amplifier to power his components?

Chances are it's a waste of money because the owner probably wouldn't tell the difference and doesn't have top notch quality formats of the music he listens to ANYWAY.
    You are probably correct. He also could've purchased some Hifonics Brutus equipment and not known the difference and saved a bunch of money as well.

bought from: cbrrocketrdr, bk12321, galacticmonkey, jnoel, aaronmiiller, revrider1, QtrHorse, brchd, Calikid, IA2, miker, dontknowanythin, Towncar, woofercooker, speedyg76, cd6551
    traded with: lorilee8284, Boominator
    sold to:ravens9322, Blinkdogo2, dbubble, Fusion_FREAK, oneill584, jrgreene1968

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Whatever

i was thinking some thing like this..... get a reall fine but strong sharp cable like them tension cables tie it around your neck and tie it to something..... then get some supper supper supper glue and glue your hands to your head.when the glue dries jump of the building with the cable cutting your head off and you would have your head glued to your hands ...... some one would see that and be like wtf omg that dude ripped his head off ... he mst have been pisssed!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

For god sakes the brutus is a spl sub amp.

Edit I'm sorry, that wasn't appropriate.
    Last edited by Rawr-DQ; 10-01-2008 at 09:33 AM.

path2spl is offline Team Sundown

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Slate View Post
    And Jacob hold how many SQ titles?
    wtf is your prob if you talk so tough come meet me some where and we will see what happens. i know you wont show cause your a ***** that has no life and wants attention cause no one likes you and you cry everynight cause you want to kill your self. save us the time and just do it so we can all be happy. dont post is some ones thread and talk ****

Team Sundown- Doug Fabio

current system- 12 sundown zv3 15s with nsv2 soft parts, 3 sundown ns1s, 14 c&d tech 140ah batts, 4th order bandpass wall at the b pillar, 3 400 singer alternators, 400+ feet of knukonceptz 0 gauge, kenwood kdc952 headunit, sundown 200.4 and 100.4, 8 sundown neo pro 8s and 6 st200 super tweeters.

refs in profile

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sorry bud, but there is a lot of fans of sundown's equipment, and I respect their decision on what they purchased and I believe the equipment did not cheapen the install.

I took it as insult, and so will others.

bball09124 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

you're fking retarded.
    My comparison of Sundown to Hifonics was to demonstrate that Sundown is superior to Hifonics, as reflected in the cost. A brand such as Brax is generally considered to be superior to Sundown, as reflected in the cost as well.

Mr. Slate made a comment saying he wouldv'e like to see a "better" amp brand used in such a quality install. He did not intend to degrade Sundown, I don't think, despite his rather harsh comments that followed his initial recommendation.

This debate has raged forever, and I don't really want to start it once again. But listening to one amp opposed to another, producing the same power, I don't think 95% of people could tell a difference. Because of this, I mentioned he might as well installed low-line Hifonics equipment if he was not going to hear a difference between amplifiers, like you stated.

THERE ARE AMPS OF HIGHER QUALITY THEN SUNDOWN, THAT COST CONSIDERABLY MORE. SUNDOWN AMPS ARE EXCELLENT, RELIABLE AMPS WITH GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE, THAT IS NOT BEING DISPUTED. DO NOT GET BUTT-HURT IF SOMEONE RECOMMENDS AN AMP OVER A SUNDOWN.

bought from: cbrrocketrdr, bk12321, galacticmonkey, jnoel, aaronmiiller, revrider1, QtrHorse, brchd, Calikid, IA2, miker, dontknowanythin, Towncar, woofercooker, speedyg76, cd6551
    traded with: lorilee8284, Boominator
    sold to:ravens9322, Blinkdogo2, dbubble, Fusion_FREAK, oneill584, jrgreene1968

80INCHES is offline EPICENTERGLUED 2 ME

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bball09124 View Post
    You are probably correct. He also could've purchased some Hifonics Brutus equipment and not known the difference and saved a bunch of money as well.
    canty compare sundown to hifonics brutus line...brutus line are know to be a couple watts over rated were as sundown are know to be a few watts over rated and not **** the life out of ur charging system.
    and i see where ur comming from but to make a statement like wat u said...he could have purchase a brutus and not known the difference.....thats insane...

to the thread op nice build...i bet the inside of ur ride has little to road noise

Go2Sleep is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

love that car.. clean install man

props

* (2) Morel Ultimo 12's * Hybrid Audio Legathia SE Front Stage * RF 360.3 DSP * Brax 2400 * JL Audio HD 1200/1 *

mavssolja is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! Thats is the exact type of box/stealth amp rack setup I want in my maxima. I just dont trust anyone to do it hahah.

Mr. Slate is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by path2spl View Post
    wtf is your prob if you talk so tough come meet me some where and we will see what happens. i know you wont show cause your a ***** that has no life and wants attention cause no one likes you and you cry everynight cause you want to kill your self. save us the time and just do it so we can all be happy. dont post is some ones thread and talk ****
    Time to get off mommy's computer little punk.

ngsm13 is offline BSEE

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No keyboard commando...

nG

http://crunktimes.com/ct/
    nG - BSEE

W8 a minute is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

you're fking retarded.
    I just have to know what makes the Brutus amp an SPL only amp compared to other class D amplifiers? Is it limited to spl only some how? And after you explain that please tell me how you would know the difference in an A/B audition in a trunk vehicle?

I will say this:
    As far as I know Jacob did not invent the car audio amplifier. In fact Sundown amplifiers are built over seas by the same company that makes a lot of other brands. I'm pretty sure the boards are not unique to Sundown. In fact the boards look very similar to Performance Technique ICBM amplifiers although I can not confirm they are the same.

I know of one person using a Sundown amplifier and he is very pleased with it. I listened to it (trunk vehicle) and the best I can say is that it seems to make a good deal of power and the subs went boom boom boom like they were supposed to. It sounded fine but I don't think I had an epiphany about auto sound that day. The clouds didn't part and the sun didn't start shining. It's just another decent amp that does what it says.

Refs: Kmanian, Mj-TC, mennitti, iceteebone

LDW3RD is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

someone please pass the grey poupon..

All reggae all the time.....

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast