Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Reload Thread: 2006 Dodge Rims, Tires and Stereo Build (Pictures)

mil81 is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 2006 Dodge Rims, Tires and Stereo Build (Pictures)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    i dunno guys...the mini lifts and super huge tires just aint cutting it for me.

i guess i'm just used to seeing trucks skying over here in hawaii...kinda like my friends dodge

^sitting on 37's

That is a sweet looking truck. The only problem with a truck like that is it's nearly useless, unless you have a massive drop hitch to pull a trailer, or a super long ramp if you're going to load your sleds or quads on a deck.

In my opinion with these trucks, since they are useless in mud, is that 35's are the perfect size tire. It's big enough to give you some ground clearance, but not so big that it makes it useless. You can bolt 35's on these with no lift, but you have a little rubbing. If you put in a 2-3" load levelling kit you are golden. I am running a 4.5" suspension lift. I am going to have to extend the ramp for my deck to 9' this year.

Quote Originally Posted by jdc753 View Post
    I'm loving the rims and tires on there looks really nice. I was supposed to get my lift and rims/tires last weekend but the guy told me the lift hadn't come in yet That sure must be fun trying to drive in the grooves with it lol, keep jumping in and out of em I bet. The tires/rims look great with the flares though, fits it just right. Hoping my truck will look nearly as good and I will be happy.
    Thanks. What are you throwing in that beast for a lift, and rims and tires?

***** about your thumb, sure does look like it hurt a bit, dang lol. Least ya didn't loose anything though and the skin and tendons will heal up versus loosing the thumb. The box is looking great so far though Keep up the good work. Only thing I can think of as any sort of criticism and its most certainly not a big thing, but if ya got the subs in a flush mount instead of surface mounted, not sure if you got the mounting depth or space above the top to make it work though. Other than that it looks beautiful so far, I bet your rear passengers will have some fun sitting right over the subs.
    To tell you the truth, the only time this injury hurts, is when someone touches it, or bumps it. When it happenned I was in shock. Then he froze me (that hurt like hell). Then when he finished sewing me up, they gave me two T3's. And now it throbs a little bit, but doesn't hurt at all. The nurse got me to move my thumb before they sewed it up, and he could look inside and see the tendon move, so she knows it wasn't cut. LOL. I have to say, I got very lucky.

Good call about the flush mount. I always flush mount my speakers, but this one is a very tight fit. Once I get it all glassed, and sitting into place I might take a couple measurements to see if I can double up the MDf in order to inset the speaker. If I can't I will be using the mounting rings and grills for the speakers, so they will be safe.

Oh and I am totally jealous ya got the 6-speed. I hunted all around New England for 2 months looking for any cab configuration with a 6-speed, was even looking at dodges (and I am a diehard ford guy) just so I could get a 6 speed. Closest thing I could find was about 8 hours away, and sadly I settled for what I got, and it was still 2 hours away lol. Your truck will really come alive when ya get the chip on there, not sure what all the dodge guys use but I know the Smarty seems to be the big power tuner.
    Yeah dude. I couldn't bring myself to spend that kinda money on a truck if it didn't have the 6-speed. I hate automatics (except for the new dodge 6-speed autos). Too bad you couldn't find one yourself.

Yeah, when I comes time, I will be ordering up a Smarty. They are supposed to be the Cat's ***. More power, better mileage, and more black smoke. LOL.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by speedfreak28 View Post
    mines a 1500 and i wish they had stick, my 2 dr woulda been great with a hemi and a 5 spd
    You can't get the Hemi with a standard anymore? My old 2-dr 1500 only had a 4.7, but it as fun with the 5-speed. Buddy who bought it off me let me take it for a rip the other day, after he put a chip in it. It actually pulls a lot harder now. I would have done it if I thought it would make that much of a difference.

jdc753 is offline Truck Brigade

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mil81 View Post
    That is a sweet looking truck. The only problem with a truck like that is it's nearly useless, unless you have a massive drop hitch to pull a trailer, or a super long ramp if you're going to load your sleds or quads on a deck.

In my opinion with these trucks, since they are useless in mud, is that 35's are the perfect size tire. It's big enough to give you some ground clearance, but not so big that it makes it useless. You can bolt 35's on these with no lift, but you have a little rubbing. If you put in a 2-3" load levelling kit you are golden. I am running a 4.5" suspension lift. I am going to have to extend the ramp for my deck to 9' this year.

Thanks. What are you throwing in that beast for a lift, and rims and tires?
    I agree on too much lift, they certainly look sweet and will probably work better off road then a smaller lift/tire combo but how the hell do ya get in and outa the bed or haul anything other than a tag trailer, certainly no gooseneck or 5th wheel will fit on something like that. Again though I bet it would be a blast to drive, but I couldn't use it as a daily driver.

I am going with a 4" RCD lift with 35" Nitto Terra Grapplers on 18x9 Pro Comp 6005 rims. The rims aren't all that fancy but I was looking for a more subtle while nice style. Already the first thing that anyone says when they get in the truck is wow this is pretty tall, not too many lifted trucks around these parts, plus probably 95% of the people drive little cars so its a big difference lol. I really can't wait to get it all on

To tell you the truth, the only time this injury hurts, is when someone touches it, or bumps it. When it happenned I was in shock. Then he froze me (that hurt like hell). Then when he finished sewing me up, they gave me two T3's. And now it throbs a little bit, but doesn't hurt at all. The nurse got me to move my thumb before they sewed it up, and he could look inside and see the tendon move, so she knows it wasn't cut. LOL. I have to say, I got very lucky.
    Well thats good to hear, stuff like that could be a perminant impairment pretty easily, sounds like you will recover fine and have full use of it back in no time. Scary how close things can come sometimes to being the difference between a few weeks or months of recovery and a lifetime of physical dissability.

Good call about the flush mount. I always flush mount my speakers, but this one is a very tight fit. Once I get it all glassed, and sitting into place I might take a couple measurements to see if I can double up the MDf in order to inset the speaker. If I can't I will be using the mounting rings and grills for the speakers, so they will be safe.
    Sounds pretty good, it can get tough when working with such tight spaces but seems like your coming along nicely. Should look sweet when your all done and give ya a good reason to pop up your seats and show it off.

Yeah dude. I couldn't bring myself to spend that kinda money on a truck if it didn't have the 6-speed. I hate automatics (except for the new dodge 6-speed autos). Too bad you couldn't find one yourself.

Yeah, when I comes time, I will be ordering up a Smarty. They are supposed to be the Cat's ***. More power, better mileage, and more black smoke. LOL.
    Totally auto's ****, I still think if I come across a truck locally that is similar to mine but with a 6-speed I may end up trading it in just to get the hand shaker. Sadly the way prices are going and such I might take a bath if that happens though, so more than likely I am gonna be driving this truck for at least 10 more years.

Sweet, will be fun when ya get it, then you can take some cars light to light while ya got a pair of sleds up on the deck lol I can't wait to get the tuner and exhaust for mine, stereo and suspension work is taking up most of the funds for now though

Keep up the good work. Do you have any plans for what amps you are going to use and where they will be mounted? Any door speaker or HU upgrades? Sorry if I missed these in the first few posts.

2005 F350 crew cab diesel 4x4
    -Work in Progress-
    HU: Alpine 9887 linked to 10.4" TS TruckPC
    Front Stage: Polk SR6500 Active
    Front Amp: Sundown Sax100.4
    Sub: Stereo Integrity Magnum V4 in the center console
    Sub amp: Sundown Saz-1500D

Refs: low_end, Relax, SSon22s, Johnson, tyroneshoes, twisztdpunisher, flakko, djhn9, KINGDELL91, amoffitt, Justin89T, 01 S 10, Mazzasec

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Keep up the good work. Do you have any plans for what amps you are going to use and where they will be mounted? Any door speaker or HU upgrades? Sorry if I missed these in the first few posts.
    I didn't give any details on that stuff yet, since I already had the install pretty much done for the.

Right now I have an Alpine 9833 HU in the dash. One day I will be running your Truckputer setup, but for now this will have to do.

The mids are all running of my Phoenix Gold Xenon 100.4

I was going to wait till I got pictures to talk about these, but my RSD's just came in this morning. I had a wicked set of Boston Accoustic 6x9's in the doors, but one is starting to make a funny sound, and I wanted to go to a Component setup anyways. The way house work and everything has been going, I had to stick with the RSD budget speakers for now. I got a wicked E-bay deal on them though. It cost me $109 shipped to me. That is pretty good concidering the price of shipping stuff across the border.

I have an old set of MB Quart (Like mid 90's style old) 5 1/4's in the rear doors. The tweets in these things are super harsh, so I might run just the mids back there. We'll see how everything goes.

The subs are going to be running off an Alpine MPR M850. The ONLY place I can mount these amps is under the front seats. Which ***** because I would love to do a nice show piece install like you are doing. I'm afraid the distro blocks, and the crossovers will all be hidden under there too. Nothing fancy for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sounds like a pretty solid setup ya pieced together. Hopefully you like the RSD comps as much as everyone else. Doesn't seem like you can go wrong with them, especially at their price Maybe you can tune out the tweets a bit on the rear speakers, if not maybe a 5-1/4" set of RSD comps for the rear passengers.

Under the front seats should be a good spot for the amps, you'll have the subs to show off to people anyways Many seem to be much more impressed at looking at some subs move some air than they do at some amps sitting there making power. Everyone is gonna wanna ride in your truck on the way to the trails when ya go sledding.

Oh and good luck on the truckputer thingy, if ya ever have any questions I would be more than happy to help ya out. I still gotta get mine up and running, its getting close though.

-Work in Progress-

Refs: low_end, Relax, SSon22s, Johnson, tyroneshoes, twisztdpunisher, flakko, djhn9, KINGDELL91, amoffitt, Justin89T, 01 S 10, Mazzasec

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sounds like a pretty solid setup ya pieced together. Hopefully you like the RSD comps as much as everyone else. Doesn't seem like you can go wrong with them, especially at their price Maybe you can tune out the tweets a bit on the rear speakers, if not maybe a 5-1/4" set of RSD comps for the rear passengers.

Under the front seats should be a good spot for the amps, you'll have the subs to show off to people anyways Many seem to be much more impressed at looking at some subs move some air than they do at some amps sitting there making power. Everyone is gonna wanna ride in your truck on the way to the trails when ya go sledding.

Oh and good luck on the truckputer thingy, if ya ever have any questions I would be more than happy to help ya out. I still gotta get mine up and running, its getting close though.

Under the seat is an alright spot, but they do show a lot more than my liking. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about that. First this is to get everything making noise though. I can't wait to get it all together. It's going to have to wait a little while though. I take off for the big Hawaii trip on Friday, followed by a little work trip. So I won't be back in town for a couple weeks. Fortuately by then I should be able to use my right hand again, and be back at'er.

I've only ever used stock speaker locations, so I'm excited to play with speaker position a little bit. I will be mounting the 6 1/2's in the doors in the stock location, but I hope to have enough room to direct them a little more to the middle of the truck. The tweets I will have to play with. I have been told by a few people that they image well off the windshield, from the stock 3" location. I have been told by others that they don't. So we'll see.

I'm most excited to eventually sound deaden the doors. I can't wait to see what a difference that makes.

Yeah, I am very sad to say I am going to be jiggling the boys balls on the way out to the trails. That is so wrong. I have to find some girls that ride. LOL.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I will get ahold of you if I ever round up some parts and time to get one of these running. I have been watching your thread, along with the carputer thread. You guys are giving me some great ideas.

With any luck your truck will sit with as nice of a stance as mine, and my stereo setup will look as nice as yours. LOL.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Any updates on your progress?

Finally got my lift and such installed, loving it so far

here are some pics http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=338799

-Work in Progress-

visitor is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MisterGrubbs View Post
    Why dont you like the mirrors? Makes the truck look 10x meaner
    no, it makes it look like a downs baby. now stfu and let him do as he likes to his truck.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Any updates on your progress?

Finally got my lift and such installed, loving it so far

here are some pics http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=338799

I finally made it back into the country. I was in Hawaii for a week there. I'm just at the sister in laws in Edmonton right now. When I get back I'll post a couple pictures of the trip, and get back to work on the truck.

I'll check out your progress then too. I can't wait to see that rig looking like a truck.

Are you happy with it?

jrgreene1968 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

did you decide where your going to mount your tweets? im fixing to install 6.5 comps in my dodge, but havent decided where to mount tweets

Bought from Mr_Kebo, djeazie, Team H&K, Mavster, bball09124, 01 S 10, 02accord, chaunb3400, matt_martin87

sold to: ProjectPechkin, plyer3,benchambers80,Ray21, Dutchie, bassaddictj, BooKoo

Traded with miked56

DRZ9255, hat L6,L4,L1,idq12, alpine pdx 1.1000, 4.100, 2.150

Mr.B is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I finally made it back into the country. I was in Hawaii for a week there. I'm just at the sister in laws in Edmonton right now. When I get back I'll post a couple pictures of the trip, and get back to work on the truck.

I'll check out your progress then too. I can't wait to see that rig looking like a truck.

Are you happy with it?
    what island?

BI get choke lifted trucks...toyotas, superdutys, rams...
    Oahu not so much (recon laws)
    Maui get choke lifted superdutys STRAIGHT AXLE!!!

I'm sure you saw some around wherever you were...

BALEETED

azbass is offline the salty ca.com mod

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If all goes as planned, I managed to cut all the pieces I need for the box out of one piece of 5/8" MDF. I think it is skinny enough, and I'm not running an SPL setup, so the top shouldn't flex too much, being 5/8".

Here are the two frames all cut, glued and screwed together. I will be fibre glassing in the natural tool boxes of the truck up the inside of these frames.

A picture with the top on.

dude use a jig saw for that ****, don't cut it out with a router?

the727kid is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm sure he did the first time, then used a flush trim to make it exactly the same. No offense to the OP but as long as you know how to use the router table correctrly and safely it should go smoothly.

Alarm: Viper 5902
    HU: Stock
    Front Stage:
    Tweeters: Image Dynamics CD1-Pro Mini Horns
    Mids: Sundown Neo Pro 8"
    Subs: (2) 15" Dayton HF ran IB
    Amps: (2) Kicker IX 500.4 (1) Kicker IX 1000.1
    Processor: JBL MS-8

Pioneer~Saturn is offline Dr. Enclosure

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Its almost as big as the saturn! but things are lookin good though, and x2 on the mean lookin wheels

And sorry to hear about the hand....I recently had a run-in with my jointer and it hacked off .25" off my right hands first two fingers...wasnt a good scene

<First and only dual-alternator 'real' Saturn (pre 2002) on the planet>
    Team Concepts, Team Shok Industries Team XS Power
    Soon: Mystery subs + AQ20k
    12.75 cubes net ~25Hz tuning 200 sq inches of port (lowz?)
    AC position- 250 amp alt
    Stock alt position- 225 amp alt
    (2) XS Power D3100's
    4 power+ 4 ground runs of 1/0-gauge to rear
    152.1 @ 40Hz legal, certified...just getting started.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast