Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Rate my box!

Ok I got the pictures with the subs out. I still haven't sanded it down yet because I have been very busy. But here are the pictures:

You can tell that one hole is bigger than the other but all the screws still screw down and doesn't make a difference.

SYSTEM

Sub(s) - 4 RE8's
    Amp(s) - 2 Bazooka BA1300's

SOLD TO:
    cheapo, teamsolo, Jason19, hunterw, peg17
    BOUGHT FROM:
    xpanterax, RE_XXX, maldecido33, brmcm15, slammed
    TRADED TO:
    hemi=22s, quis1

PV Audio is offline The Vision of Sound

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You're following in lemans23's footsteps

But he didn't turn out half bad

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

And threadstarter, take it from me: save your money. Car audio is a fun hobby, yes, but when you're 14, there are many other things you could be spending your money on. Seriously, build up some assets first, that way you can decide what to do with the money when you have a lot of it instead of buying the next bit that you can. In non liquid assets (my car aside), I have about 8-9k net worth, ALL of which is in audio equipment whether it be from drivers, tools, equipment, etc.

I sometimes wish I had that money as liquid assets instead (liquid means that it's available to spend, so things like credit and tangible cash) now that I want to invest in the market, but I don't. So I just ask you to take it slow, learn a lot then decide if spending thousands and thousands of dollars on audio equipment that you're going to get rid of any way is a good way to spend money as a high school freshman.

Sorry for the long post, just giving some advice.

bds0688 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PV Audio View Post
    And threadstarter, take it from me: save your money. Car audio is a fun hobby, yes, but when you're 14, there are many other things you could be spending your money on. Seriously, build up some assets first, that way you can decide what to do with the money when you have a lot of it instead of buying the next bit that you can. In non liquid assets (my car aside), I have about 8-9k net worth, ALL of which is in audio equipment whether it be from drivers, tools, equipment, etc.

I sometimes wish I had that money as liquid assets instead (liquid means that it's available to spend, so things like credit and tangible cash) now that I want to invest in the market, but I don't. So I just ask you to take it slow, learn a lot then decide if spending thousands and thousands of dollars on audio equipment that you're going to get rid of any way is a good way to spend money as a high school freshman.

Sorry for the long post, just giving some advice.

x2. Take it slow and do a lot of research. Maybe look into some SQ stuff as well. This hobby has a lot of different ways to do it.

But make sure to keep money in the bank to have it there.

Refs: Victory, Pickler(2x). JessAlba452, revrider1, mihklo, Grinder1989(2X), hoxie08, mrwigglezdj, bamavoo, Louisiana-CRX, plyer3, civicman07, 03F150MrSBF, k_schutte eBay ID: bryan191

bds0688 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xxBURT0Nxx View Post
    Well his parents bought him the 360... there is no way this kid pays for all of this on his own. There are not many jobs you can work at 14, and even if you find one, you will make min. wage, and have limited hours due to labor laws. Plus he has no transportation. His parents are paying for it.
    Someone a little pissed that a 14 year old has more ambition and stronger work ethic than you? It's not hard at all to accumulate a few hundred dollars when you're 14. Lawn work, bike routes, etc. Get off the kid's nuts.

Refs: Victory, Pickler(2x). JessAlba452, revrider1, mihklo, Grinder1989(2X), hoxie08, mrwigglezdj, bamavoo, Louisiana-CRX, plyer3, civicman07, 03F150MrSBF, k_schutte eBay ID: bryan191

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bds0688 View Post
    Someone a little pissed that a 14 year old has more ambition and stronger work ethic than you? It's not hard at all to accumulate a few hundred dollars when you're 14. Lawn work, bike routes, etc. Get off the kid's nuts.
    This forum is based on jealousy.

rdaudioman1256 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lol. Thanks for the info guys. But I had a paper route for about a year and I made 250 a month. And that all went into my savings account. I have a few thousand in it, and yes my dad did put most of it in there but most of it is from my paper route. But seriously guys, I DO make most of my money by mowing yards. I could easily make 100 in a day. But yes, next summer I'll be 15 and I'm going to get a job at a grocery store or something along those lines and 75% of that money is going into a savings account. And then that's the money that going to go towards my car equipment. My dad has a pretty good job. Well, what am I saying, he has a GREAT job. He makes 24.97 an hour being in the Laborers Union. And my dads going to match what ever I have for my first car. So let's say I have $1,500, then he'd give $1,500. So basically, putting money in the bank has been my plan all along. Sorry for the long a$$ post. Just saying.

SYSTEM

Sub(s) - 4 RE8's

SOLD TO:
    BOUGHT FROM:
    TRADED TO:
    hemi=22s, quis1

miker is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)

This forum is based on jealousy.
    lol, so true...

People get pissed when they here a kids parents have money

REFS:
    Sold to- Sky Deaner, Jeeper07, brazilianguy, bjl95mustang, Mr Wiggl3s, Ridinhi (x2), Pootie

Bought from- kurtdirt1, jmanpc, doingstuffwell

Traded with- DaGhost, Spooney

xxBURT0Nxx is offline Team Ramrod

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bds0688 View Post
    No not really I have had a job and worked since I was 14 I'm just saying no way you will be able to afford all of the stuff that he plans on buying at that age or even mine. Sorry that I live in the real world where I buy my own clothes pay for my own phone car gas and school etc but unless tour parents are helping you out you can't afford to drop thousands on a car elwctricl an that kind of system in high school

Refs: straightchillin, bad @ss chevy, Echo42987, dye4metal, nate2587, ThomasG, nismos14, AK SloPok

Quote Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
    Just get over it my friend, the alternator does not charge the cap, period.

WB

rdaudioman1256 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Will a mod please close this thread.

SYSTEM

Sub(s) - 4 RE8's

SOLD TO:
    BOUGHT FROM:
    TRADED TO:
    hemi=22s, quis1

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rdaudioman1256 View Post
    Lol. Thanks for the info guys. But I had a paper route for about a year and I made 250 a month. And that all went into my savings account. I have a few thousand in it, and yes my dad did put most of it in there but most of it is from my paper route. But seriously guys, I DO make most of my money by mowing yards. I could easily make 100 in a day. But yes, next summer I'll be 15 and I'm going to get a job at a grocery store or something along those lines and 75% of that money is going into a savings account. And then that's the money that going to go towards my car equipment. My dad has a pretty good job. Well, what am I saying, he has a GREAT job. He makes 24.97 an hour being in the Laborers Union. And my dads going to match what ever I have for my first car. So let's say I have $1,500, then he'd give $1,500. So basically, putting money in the bank has been my plan all along. Sorry for the long a$$ post. Just saying.
    God **** you remind me of lemans23 when he first joined, ****

And I'm confused, your dad put most of your money in your account, but most of the money is from you? All I'm saying is, wait until you're actually 16, THEN decide on a system. ****, when I first joined I KNEW I would have a 15" SX and a Hifonics bd1500d. I've never had a car audio system to this day, and I don't regret it one bit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rdaudioman1256 View Post
    Will a mod please close this thread.
    m not saying it's impossible for you to get all of this stuff but if you had real world expenses you would not be able to but hey more power to you if you can get it

Refs: straightchillin, bad @ss chevy, Echo42987, dye4metal, nate2587, ThomasG, nismos14, AK SloPok

WB

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xxBURT0Nxx View Post
    m not saying it's impossible for you to get all of this stuff but if you had real world expenses you would not be able to but hey more power to you if you can get it
    God****it, shut the **** up. No one gives a **** that you weren't given things. Seriously, there's a group of you on here that are strangely elitist because they worked harder or they endured more than someone else. The fact of the matter is...no one cares. He's got money, he's 14, he wants to get in and get started. End of story; no one needs to hear about "the real world" or whatever nonsensical bullshit you're harping on about. Not everyone lives the same way, and at least he has the humility to say he's no better than anyone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Excuse my rant.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

God****it, shut the **** up. No one gives a **** that you weren't given things. Seriously, there's a group of you on here that are strangely elitist because they worked harder or they endured more than someone else. The fact of the matter is...no one cares. He's got money, he's 14, he wants to get in and get started. End of story; no one needs to hear about "the real world" or whatever nonsensical bullshit you're harping on about. Not everyone lives the same way, and at least he has the humility to say he's no better than anyone.
    You have downs...

WB

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

User Tag List