Closed Thread

Reload Thread: rate my new system and tell me how to put it together.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

rate my new system and tell me how to put it together.

this is my new system:

head unit: PIONEER DEH-P400UB (DEHP400UB)
    front door: PHOENIX GOLD RSD-65CS RSD SERIES
    back door: Alpine Type S
    subs: Kenwood - 12" KFC-W3011
    amp for subs: 2008 Kicker ZX750.1 Amplifier
    amp for front comps: Profile AP1040 1000W 4 CH Amplifier

the subs and the back comps are the only things currently installed.

i was planning to bridge the profile amp into 2 channels and use it to power the front speakers. and use the head unit to power the back speakers. is that a good idea?

how should i put this together? like what kind of wiring should i get/do i need? i have very cheap wiring right now from the subs to my current amp. someone told me i should do something to cut the bass out from the back speakers, that would make my system sound better or something? guide me.

bigbangtheory is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: rate my new system and tell me how to put it together.

You don't have an amp powering your back speakers? Just the HU and have a bunch of bass? And this I guess is off an factory head unit being you said you only have the subs and back componets installed thus far.

Do you have all of the equipment yet, or just waiting to install it?

I say wait till it all comes in to do the install. I know I could wait a little while with out tunes.

Then when it is all there, have at it.

Need to give us more info or make it more clear as to what you are saying.

If you are running back comps off factory deck, then might have to run an LOC to help clear up the signals.

As for when you are ready to do the amp, yes you can bridge the fronts and use your aftermarket deck for the rears. That is what I am currently doing, but I just run stockers. If I had back comps, I might amp them with the 4channel. Should just put some coaixls back there for sound. Honestly you don't need it. I only do it for the kids, otherwise I have an option to turn my rears off, which I usually do when I am rolling by myself.

Refs~Max Power(ST), bnevets27(ST), 99oldsintrigue(ST), matrxx dude(BF), Ficaraudio(BF), Zachzchw(BF), tigerf117(ST), 5.7TBI(BF), DBfan187(ST), Joesph M(ST), 97gp(ST), Cornbreadxd(ST), SlappinX(ST), nycspudz03(ST), bl0ckd(BF), Sctattooer(ST), hitman34608(ST), Wackdogg(ST), ggk(ST), 03F150MrSBF(STx2), Dye4metal(ST), Mikey7182(BF), Wu501(BF), Twisted_0912(BF), Crunklech(BF), psychoacoustics(BF), Tyler Chavez(ST), GTO Dave(ST), Thisistiny(ST), DarkScorpin(BF), davidtemple(BF), BassaddictJ(BF), Geoff_off_me(BF), Dragnix(BF)

BF=Bought from
    ST=Sold too

miker is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He just bought all that other stuff I think, so it's not at his house yet.

REFS:
    Sold to- Sky Deaner, Jeeper07, brazilianguy, bjl95mustang, Mr Wiggl3s, Ridinhi (x2), Pootie

Bought from- kurtdirt1, jmanpc, doingstuffwell

Traded with- DaGhost, Spooney

Some DudeMan is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

you talking about now or when i install this?

right now both the front and back speakers are powered thru the head unit. its not the factory head unit. its pioneer i believe.

but i will(or was planning to) run the back comps thru my new head unit listed above. and the fronts off the profile amp.

i should have got the kicker amp yesterday but was outbid at the last second. so i will have to wait for that. will be buying the phoenix comps tomorrow. the head unit and profile amp are on the way in the mail.

and i was not planning to install anything until i have everything.

just posted this to get some advice on what to do once i have everything. and what wiring i will need(my current wiring is cheap ****)

you're saying i can just take the alpines out the back doors? and possibly sell them for some extra $$? or should i keep them in there? guide me further

Closed Thread