Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Reload Thread: Reson8's Tbird Build Log

95BlackGA is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Reson8's Tbird Build Log

Quote Originally Posted by Reson8 View Post
    Yeah, that they do. I think I could easily fit 20's all around and it still look good. One day!

I always liked pg's stuff. Pretty well built, and at a decent price nowadays. Figured if I was gonna run pg amps, why not just go all the way? I mean, I certainly did not have to use pg rca's, or the eq really, but as it's all the same finish, I though it'd be a nice visual setup.
    It'll definitely be a nice setup when it's done. The front wheels on the car look good, but on the rear they don't fill in very well? Could just be the pictures, I guess. How do you like the Knu Fleks wire? I'm buying some within the next week, so hopefully it's a lot better than the KLM wiring, or else I'm going the cheap way.

Sold To - Ku-Sama - Benilson09 X2 - Vitveet - Max_Power X2 - xfeat - DaveT - uglydimple12 - pickup1 - EnvEe 02 - blackbonnie - lightningbolt44 - Louisiana_CRX X2 - audiobahnuser18 - NoPh33rRaCiNg - profoundwill - Scoobydoo - joe98chevy - theMessenja44
    Traded With - Rich00 - fwb_1234 - SPL140.2 - Six501 - Scoobydoo
    Bought From - RoLLaxPhile - SPL140.2 X2 - Randy Savage - Johnny Law.Lulz

R.I.P Uncle Scot, you'll be missed. 8/22/08 We love you, bud.

Screnzo is offline What happened in here?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 95BlackGA View Post
    It'll definitely be a nice setup when it's done. The front wheels on the car look good, but on the rear they don't fill in very well? Could just be the pictures, I guess. How do you like the Knu Fleks wire? I'm buying some within the next week, so hopefully it's a lot better than the KLM wiring, or else I'm going the cheap way.
    I love it. It made this go around so much easier. The stuff is literally like a wet noodle!

Fyi the rubber coating is not slick, like other wire, probably a by product of its flexibility. When you feel it, it seems rather grippy, but this did not cause a problem during install. Kinda weird really....

"you have a face like a bulldog chewing a stinging nettle while taking a constipated dump in a heat wave"

Fusion_FREAK is offline Story of My Life...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The KLM is alright, but I really wouldn't want to use it for my power wire. It's just not as flexable as other stuff I've seen. The best wire I've probably seen is the Kicker Hyper Flex. Going to be using that when I get around to buying 0/1 power wire.

bigbangtheory is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That is a nice T-Bird! I agree the tires need to fill it out more, or you need to get bigger rims and low pros, or slam the bish!

I had a 94 LX with the 4.6L in it with an aftermarket supercharger on it and was running 12's with it. Not bad considering I only did that and a couple other things to support the supercharger. Miss that car.........as pretty much all my other rides I had at one time. Enjoy it!

Also I never had to take my fender well off to run power wire............but to be fair to you, I was only running 4g, which was all I needed for what I had in there, which wasn't much.

Refs~Max Power(ST), bnevets27(ST), 99oldsintrigue(ST), matrxx dude(BF), Ficaraudio(BF), Zachzchw(BF), tigerf117(ST), 5.7TBI(BF), DBfan187(ST), Joesph M(ST), 97gp(ST), Cornbreadxd(ST), SlappinX(ST), nycspudz03(ST), bl0ckd(BF), Sctattooer(ST), hitman34608(ST), Wackdogg(ST), ggk(ST), 03F150MrSBF(STx2), Dye4metal(ST), Mikey7182(BF), Wu501(BF), Twisted_0912(BF), Crunklech(BF), psychoacoustics(BF), Tyler Chavez(ST), GTO Dave(ST), Thisistiny(ST), DarkScorpin(BF), davidtemple(BF), BassaddictJ(BF), Geoff_off_me(BF), Dragnix(BF)

BF=Bought from
    ST=Sold too

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigbangtheory View Post
    That is a nice T-Bird! I agree the tires need to fill it out more, or you need to get bigger rims and low pros, or slam the bish!

I had a 94 LX with the 4.6L in it with an aftermarket supercharger on it and was running 12's with it. Not bad considering I only did that and a couple other things to support the supercharger. Miss that car.........as pretty much all my other rides I had at one time. Enjoy it!

Also I never had to take my fender well off to run power wire............but to be fair to you, I was only running 4g, which was all I needed for what I had in there, which wasn't much.

Yeah....I *might* have been able to do it without removing it, but it was sooooo much easier this way. Big rims and thin tires are a must!

"you have a face like a bulldog chewing a stinging nettle while taking a constipated dump in a heat wave"

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

**UPDATE**

Added some pics of my stuffs.

MikeyB is offline CarAudio.com Addict

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Man you could have ran that 1/0 into the car way easier than pulling the fender halfway. Ive ran 1/0 through my old bird and my cougar that I have now, and I have two runs in the cougar.

Ill dig up a pic....

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2.../Update008.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...pdate002-1.jpg

Not sure if you can really see it in the first pic or not, but I ran them through the driver side of the firewall. It was a ***** to get a hole drilled back in there but I managed on both the bird and the cougar.

Heres a pic on the inside of the firewall in the cougar.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...B88/Pix001.jpg

Things are a little different now since the pics but its all still run through those spots.

You can see in the last pic where the padding on the firewall has the one spot pulled out of it, its stamped like that from factory and rips off pretty easy. Then theres a few dimples in the firewall that make a great spot to start drilling a hole up under there.

Just an fyi for you in case you run into issues in the future.

Nice lookin bird too, I want them Cobra Rrrrrr'ssss!

Refs- hessdawg, Pepsifiend69, iltoivfe, ownage9, lifted95blaze, Buckshot, da box king, Po.Sic, baseballer1100, vetkilr, dkguitarist, Queball, qtipextra, LaserRed38, 350_regal, RidnClean, BushJ311 and a bunch more...

snoopdan is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

lookn' good so far!

jdc753 is offline Truck Brigade

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Car is looking good, nice to see a good clean older car and an owner who cars about it.

Power run is certainly different, but seems like it works good.

Nice looking equipment, I have always been a fan of using all matching equipment, or at the least matching up the amps and such.

Can't wait to see the rest of the pics of the gear going in.

2005 F350 crew cab diesel 4x4
    -Work in Progress-
    HU: Alpine 9887 linked to 10.4" TS TruckPC
    Front Stage: Polk SR6500 Active
    Front Amp: Sundown Sax100.4
    Sub: Stereo Integrity Magnum V4 in the center console
    Sub amp: Sundown Saz-1500D

Refs: low_end, Relax, SSon22s, Johnson, tyroneshoes, twisztdpunisher, flakko, djhn9, KINGDELL91, amoffitt, Justin89T, 01 S 10, Mazzasec

flipside1212 is offline MR. I dun GIV aFUX

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

man i just got a 94 so ill be building mine soon also.

REFS:
    bought:btdickey99, ProgMtl, Stopdrpnro, vitveet x2, wu501, splkid,mazzasec,slapmaster
    sold: qcsfinest704,07ss,01_STL_X,AK SloPok,qslimms
    traded: ssackett, slam, spy, shoilz

Lil Poot is offline you sturrin at me brah?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

thats in really good shape, nice car man. i actually like the wheels now, clean, not blingy. an 18-19 inch version of that same wheel would look sweet.

i used to have a really nice '88 cougar xr-7... not the same body style, but i miss that car a lot.

Alpine W205/H701
    Revolution Design D9 - 2 AQ HDC3 18s
    Genesis Profile Four Ultra - Creative SDX7 mids, TBI HDSS tweets
    Iraggi 240a, Optima g34 YT, 3 C&D 134ah, 15.3v MLA module, 120 ft 1/0, 200 ft^2 RAAMmat

WTT/S - 2 HDC3 18s, RD HW 10, 880prs + ipod + 6 disc changer, Alumapro ALC6.2 Components, Zed built US Acoustics USA4050 + USA2200, Fisher Customs boxes

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2