Closed Thread
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Reload Thread: JL TW5 build log

Hintzyboy is offline Sparks mean its working!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: JL TW5 build log

Quote Originally Posted by bones22 View Post
    i bought them after talking to JL and they were caparing them to the W6. and that this may turn into their "flag ship" woofer.
    I'm really hoping this is the case. The W6 is an amazing woofer (many think it is actually better than the W7), and anything less than that, after all the talk about a no-sacrifice slimline, would be a step back IMO

Refs:
    CarAudio.com: SlickRick, CubanAffection, trevor87, BigBirney420, Apollyon, Dinty01, TeamPSI, QtrHorse (x2), 6spdcoupe, Siddle, Smokingachicken, MisterGrubbs, Fast1One, MiniVanMan(x2), Jntar, blackbonnie, tigerf117, kasimo420, blaze383, XaznKewLguyX, SRim23, RidnClean, Team H&K, djvi0lent, jeeper07, turboaudi
    DIYMA: snaimpally
    CA.com Feedback: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=327860
    Ebay Feedback http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=hintzyboy79

memphisman is offline SLASH N' BURN

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i just got a boner

2001 DODGE RAM QUAD CAB
    2 Kicker CVX 15's
    2 Memphis PR 1000d's

1994 Honda Civic Ex
    H22a swap
    Cai
    4-2-1 Header
    SOon to have 2 ssa icon12's

I FEEL SO ALONE GONNA END UP A BIG OLE PILE OF THEM BONES
    INTO THE FLOOD AGAIN, SAME OLE TRIP IT WAS BACK THEN, SO I MADE A BIG MISTAKE, TRIED TO SEE IT ONCE MY WAY

bones22 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hintzyboy View Post
    I'm really hoping this is the case. The W6 is an amazing woofer (many think it is actually better than the W7), and anything less than that, after all the talk about a no-sacrifice slimline, would be a step back IMO
    personally i feel they have better quality than thw w6 and w7. that may be just to my ears but it was enought o get me to drop 1k+ on a pair of them.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

alright guys sky has cleared up and looks like i get to work this new saw out a little
    pics to come

LOW ET is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I certainly hope they sound better than that with all the hype going on. I have heard the W3s and was not all that impressed. Decent, middle of the road daily driving sub, but nothing spectacular.

Now if it was comparable to the W6, we might have a contender. Otherwise, I think the BM will stomp all over the TW5
    i have a pair of 12w3's sealed (150w to each) in one of my cars and to ROCKS! if the 13tw5's sound like this i'd be more than happy, but i'd have to pay the big money to save the little space.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LOW ET View Post
    i have a pair of 12w3's sealed (150w to each) in one of my cars and to ROCKS! if the 13tw5's sound like this i'd be more than happy, but i'd have to pay the big money to save the little space.
    7 inch voice coil
    600 watts
    better quality than the w3.

more output and better sounding

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bones22 View Post
    personally i feel they have better quality than thw w6 and w7. that may be just to my ears but it was enought o get me to drop 1k+ on a pair of them.
    That is what I wanted to hear. I am glad to see that JL is finally earning their reputation again, with the introduction of the TW5 and the HD amps. As ahead of its time as the W7 was, it has been around for 7 or 8 years now, and you need to keep moving to keep my attention.

Refs:
    CarAudio.com: SlickRick, CubanAffection, trevor87, BigBirney420, Apollyon, Dinty01, TeamPSI, QtrHorse (x2), 6spdcoupe, Siddle, Smokingachicken, MisterGrubbs, Fast1One, MiniVanMan(x2), Jntar, blackbonnie, tigerf117, kasimo420, blaze383, XaznKewLguyX, SRim23, RidnClean, Team H&K, djvi0lent, jeeper07, turboaudi
    Ebay Feedback http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=hintzyboy79

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LOW ET View Post
    Like I said, I have heard them, and I would much rather have my old M-Class 12s and an MC500d than some 12" W3s on a 500/1

Refs:

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That is what I wanted to hear. I am glad to see that JL is finally earning their reputation again, with the introduction of the TW5 and the HD amps. As ahead of its time as the W7 was, it has been around for 7 or 8 years now, and you need to keep moving to keep my attention.
    those HDs are ****. if i dont like these on the 1000/1 ill sell it and get the HDs

KHARPS is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Like I said, I have heard them, and I would much rather have my old M-Class 12s and an MC500d than some 12" W3s on a 500/1
    I loved my MC500d. Amazing amp that served me well for 3 years. But it is coincidently replaced by a JL 1000/1 (free) and I think it is a very nice amp as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KHARPS View Post
    I loved my MC500d. Amazing amp that served me well for 3 years. But it is coincidently replaced by a JL 1000/1 (free) and I think it is a very nice amp as well.
    The slash amps are definitely nice. But the only thing I like about them over other good amps is the fact that the can put out full power from 1.5-4 ohms. But for the price, I would much rather have the Alpine PDX amps. Smaller, sexier, efficient as hell.

I will always think that JL is overpriced. The w7s saving grace was that it was so technologically advanced. Now I can get subs that sound as good or better for less than half the price. But with the TW5, they again have a product that no other company can match (at least for another 6 months or so).

Refs:

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

heres a couple pics. i got the floor built up to but i had to hurry up and throw everything in the truck cause it started pouring. ill get pics of that tomorrow and finish the box.
    YAY for flash floods!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

nothing like a down pour and 50+ mph wind
    wind gusts to 70mph

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

alright the rain slowed down im going to try to get a little more done

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

what do you guys think....
    should i do some fiberglass
    or just carpet

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast