Closed Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Reload Thread: 05 F350 Build log (some fiberglass work, computer, and system) Many pictures!!

mil81 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 05 F350 Build log (some fiberglass work, computer, and system) Many pictures!!

Quote Originally Posted by IDSkoT View Post
    You're lucky, haha. For my car I had to make this custom speaker holder since the stock one is like a 5x10... it's some ridiculous measurement. Luckily I'm creative and my Dad had a jigsaw... a POS Jigsaw that nearly ripped my hand off... but it did it's job.
    OOOOhhhh. Be careful with power tools. Check out my Dodge thread to see what a router did to my thumb a month ago. LOL.

jdc753 is offline Truck Brigade

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 05 F350 Build log (some fiberglass work, computer, and system) Many pictures!!

Quote Originally Posted by mil81 View Post
    OOOOhhhh. Be careful with power tools. Check out my Dodge thread to see what a router did to my thumb a month ago. LOL.
    yea that didn't look soo good, least it wasn't any worse.

I been using most of these tools since I was around 5 or 7, only one I get yelled at for fiddling with was a small router I grabbed and turned on when I was about 8. From there on I learned how to use most of the struff and it can be scary what some of the stuff does.

Ever put down an old skill saw after making a cut and not notice that the guard failed to swing back, luckily they only spin around in a small 1' radius or so, but they like to cut their own cords when they do it

2005 F350 crew cab diesel 4x4
    -Work in Progress-
    HU: Alpine 9887 linked to 10.4" TS TruckPC
    Front Stage: Polk SR6500 Active
    Front Amp: Sundown Sax100.4
    Sub: Stereo Integrity Magnum V4 in the center console
    Sub amp: Sundown Saz-1500D

Refs: low_end, Relax, SSon22s, Johnson, tyroneshoes, twisztdpunisher, flakko, djhn9, KINGDELL91, amoffitt, Justin89T, 01 S 10, Mazzasec

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jdc753 View Post
    yea that didn't look soo good, least it wasn't any worse.

I been using most of these tools since I was around 5 or 7, only one I get yelled at for fiddling with was a small router I grabbed and turned on when I was about 8. From there on I learned how to use most of the struff and it can be scary what some of the stuff does.

Ever put down an old skill saw after making a cut and not notice that the guard failed to swing back, luckily they only spin around in a small 1' radius or so, but they like to cut their own cords when they do it

LOL. That is the stuff I grew up with. I didn't do much when I was a kid, but when I did the old power tools my dad has had seen better days. I managed to keep the cords on everything though. LOL. Regardless I wish I had the experience with the tools most of you guys do. It's scary and tough to learn on your own sometimes. There's no way my boy (if I ever have a kid lol) will get through high school without taking a lot of wood work courses.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mil81 View Post
    LOL. That is the stuff I grew up with. I didn't do much when I was a kid, but when I did the old power tools my dad has had seen better days. I managed to keep the cords on everything though. LOL. Regardless I wish I had the experience with the tools most of you guys do. It's scary and tough to learn on your own sometimes. There's no way my boy (if I ever have a kid lol) will get through high school without taking a lot of wood work courses.
    Yea they certainly can be dangerous, specially to an unknowning kid. Almost like gun safety have to learn to have absolute utmost respect for the tools you are working with and understand how to use them properly.

I never personally cut a cord, but watched it happen a few times, and with the saw only about 2' away from me lol so I was glad I still had my toes, also steel toed boots FTW.

Same here I would never let me kid grow up not knowing how to use the stuff, its great trade/skill to know and understand even if you don't ever plan on building anything.

-Work in Progress-

Refs: low_end, Relax, SSon22s, Johnson, tyroneshoes, twisztdpunisher, flakko, djhn9, KINGDELL91, amoffitt, Justin89T, 01 S 10, Mazzasec

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yea they certainly can be dangerous, specially to an unknowning kid. Almost like gun safety have to learn to have absolute utmost respect for the tools you are working with and understand how to use them properly.

I never personally cut a cord, but watched it happen a few times, and with the saw only about 2' away from me lol so I was glad I still had my toes, also steel toed boots FTW.

Same here I would never let me kid grow up not knowing how to use the stuff, its great trade/skill to know and understand even if you don't ever plan on building anything.

Exactly. That was me. I hated wood when I was a kid. Metal was strong. That was the cool thing to do. I can cut, I can weld, given the equipment I can run a lathe and a milling machine. Now that I'm not so narrow minded, and like to build anything and everything, I'm obviously suffering from the lack of wood experience.

Oh well, I can always show my kids my screwed up thumb, and say "learn now, so you don't end up like your old man" LOL.

redfred18t is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wow dude I'm extremely impressed and the builds not even done. Also, it makes me wanna go nuts on my 07 f350 psd

btw, whereabouts in MA are ya from? I'm out in Chicopee :-/

bigbangtheory is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yea not yet, I am 23 and graduated from school last year, essentially debt free other than my truck though. Debt is one thing that just makes my blood boil lol So I am hoping to kill the truck loan as quick as possible or figure a way to budget it along with $1,500 or so a month for mortgage/and the other bills.

I doubt I will sell mine but I haven't even gotten them yet, I am hoping the 2 fit fairly easily between my front seats but worst case I may drop down to 1 to keep it more stealth like. I am really looking for some good bass though so who knows lol. If I do decide to sell and you don't have one by then I will be sure you get first dibs.
    What degree did you get in College?

I betcha you pay a pretty penny in truck payment/gas a month in that sucker. I couldn't even afford the gas in that bish.

Let me know on the sub. I mean I hope you can get both of them in there as it would be pure ear ***, although one should suffice for most people. I would just want one and really need one to save space. My box is taking up to much room and need to do something about that. Should have went with 1 12, but had the box lying around, so said what the fawk and got 2 12's.

Good luck!

Refs~Max Power(ST), bnevets27(ST), 99oldsintrigue(ST), matrxx dude(BF), Ficaraudio(BF), Zachzchw(BF), tigerf117(ST), 5.7TBI(BF), DBfan187(ST), Joesph M(ST), 97gp(ST), Cornbreadxd(ST), SlappinX(ST), nycspudz03(ST), bl0ckd(BF), Sctattooer(ST), hitman34608(ST), Wackdogg(ST), ggk(ST), 03F150MrSBF(STx2), Dye4metal(ST), Mikey7182(BF), Wu501(BF), Twisted_0912(BF), Crunklech(BF), psychoacoustics(BF), Tyler Chavez(ST), GTO Dave(ST), Thisistiny(ST), DarkScorpin(BF), davidtemple(BF), BassaddictJ(BF), Geoff_off_me(BF), Dragnix(BF)

BF=Bought from
    ST=Sold too

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redfred18t View Post
    Wow dude I'm extremely impressed and the builds not even done. Also, it makes me wanna go nuts on my 07 f350 psd

btw, whereabouts in MA are ya from? I'm out in Chicopee :-/
    Thanks man hopefully the rest of it comes out as good as what I got done so far. If you do decide to do some stuff on yours and ever have any questions don't hesitate to ask. I got the interior tear down pretty much to a science now.

Cool to see another local, rare enough an audio nut local but a diesel driver as well. I live in Norton, MA (bout 10 minutes down the road from the Comcast Center.) You have a PM

Quote Originally Posted by bigbangtheory View Post
    What degree did you get in College?

I betcha you pay a pretty penny in truck payment/gas a month in that sucker. I couldn't even afford the gas in that bish.

Let me know on the sub. I mean I hope you can get both of them in there as it would be pure ear ***, although one should suffice for most people. I would just want one and really need one to save space. My box is taking up to much room and need to do something about that. Should have went with 1 12, but had the box lying around, so said what the fawk and got 2 12's.

Good luck!
    I got a Civil Engineering degree learned quite a lot of fun and interesting stuff, probably forgot more of it though

Yea I am not too happy with payments and fuel expenses. This is the first vehicle I have had a note on and would have gone for a cheaper truck but well I dunno lol. I ended up graduating with no debt so I kinda figured this is like my school loans and after busting my *** in school I was planning on getting a bike but dad said no go. Its got a 38 gallon tank, fuel at the local station when I drove by a few minutes ago was $4.35 so its most certainly not pretty.

I most certainly will. I am pretty sure they will both fit, but in the case I decide to change things up or don't like what I need to sacrafice for them to fit I will let you know. I occasionally like some heavy bass and figured 2 would be able to give me the extra kick when I want it.

-Work in Progress-

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dang its been nearly a month since I did any updates. Well I finally got something. After nearly 3 weeks of driving with no dash I got it finished and installed last weekend. Still got some work to do to it to polish things up and complete things but its up and running and working good.

Onto the pics:

The original dash bezel

Its been running pretty good and honestly for some reason I am thinking the audio sounds better with the aux input and playing audio from the computer instead of a CD or radio. The gapping hole to the right of the screen is going to get filled with a USB hub, audio input jack and maybe some other things that I can fit in there. I need to rerun the 12v power for the LCD since it is giving me a hiss through the speakers, also need to perminantly run the 5v power for the USB hub and DVD drive (the red/black wires coming out of that hole in the dash.) Oh and if the screen looks kinda crappy its because the protective film is still on it and its gotten pretty beat up over the months and weeks I have been working on it or just putting it down somewhere.

Other than that fabrication and install work I still need to do a bunch of software tuning and such and then it should be pretty good. I only have the audio and front end software setup, still need to hook up and install the GPS software and get all the other little addon parts, WiFi, HD radio (cheaper than adding to the alpine), TV Tuner card, as well as various software items and getting all my music and movies transfered over into the truck.
    Last edited by jdc753; 10-06-2008 at 10:31 AM.

-Work in Progress-

jeeper07 is offline Rebuilding&Reconstruc ting

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i believe u forgot to post the part where its all back in the truck, done. Get on that for me, hahaha looking good man.

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/buyer-seller-feedback/211887-jeeper07-feedback.html

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jeeper07 View Post
    i believe u forgot to post the part where its all back in the truck, done. Get on that for me, hahaha looking good man.
    Done!! Silly me hit Quick Reply instead of Go Advanced lol, so I had to edit it quick. Looks like you got in before I was done.

-Work in Progress-

jeeper07 is offline Rebuilding&Reconstruc ting

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dang nice work. I dont know why ud leave the truck now...

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/buyer-seller-feedback/211887-jeeper07-feedback.html

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jeeper07 View Post
    Dang nice work. I dont know why ud leave the truck now...
    Thanks man, thats sorta the goal lol Saturday night when I got home from my 2.5hour drive back from CT I pulled in the driveway and was like hmm I wanna see what the movie looks like on this and how it sounds. DANG I gonna need to get me a good home theater after this lol. 2 little dinky MA audio 8's thrown in for temporary made the rumble of Elenor on Gone in 60seconds sound GREAT. Ended up just sitting in the truck for a good 30 minutes before I told myself I had to go inside lol.

-Work in Progress-

JamesKarr is offline Swagga Like Wat?!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Awesome build. Keep the pics coming

99 Jeep Grand Cherokee

MikeyB is offline CarAudio.com Addict

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sweeeeet!

Refs- hessdawg, Pepsifiend69, iltoivfe, ownage9, lifted95blaze, Buckshot, da box king, Po.Sic, baseballer1100, vetkilr, dkguitarist, Queball, qtipextra, LaserRed38, 350_regal, RidnClean, BushJ311 and a bunch more...

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast