Closed Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Reload Thread: 05 F350 Build log (some fiberglass work, computer, and system) Many pictures!!

jdc753 is offline Truck Brigade

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 05 F350 Build log (some fiberglass work, computer, and system) Many pictures!!

Quote Originally Posted by mil81 View Post
    Well, now you got me going, and low and behold, the boss is sick today. You know what that means. The truck is coming into the shop. Won't get much done, but hopefully I can plan out the frame for the sub box.

I will be able to put all my stuff in here, but the amps have to go under the front seats, and they don't fit all that well. I just wish I could do a nice amp rack like you are doing. That is my normal type setup. But I guess it's all the better for the girlfriend. She gets all the crazy stuff since I can't do it to my truck.

Nice shop by the way. Wish I had that nice floor in mine. Mine's pretty eaten up. I could use that snap-on box, and little tractor too. LOL.

So, when is the next step for your setup. I'm looking forward to more pictures, and progress.
    Sweet, glad to see I can inspire someone

Yea sadly the shop isn't mine nor the snap on box/tools, nor the tractor lol, all my dad's, but he lets me use em as long as I clean em and put them back in the right spots. I got all craftsman stuff till I can afford the good stuff lol. Oh and them tractors are sweet, 30+ years old and nearly all cast iron weigh about 600lbs and will go forever.

Next step will probably be finally ditching the door speakers now that I can, then I will move onto the computer install and then the sub box.

Quote Originally Posted by probmxstyle View Post
    Nice work, your going to love those comps
    I'm sure hoping so, they been sitting in my room for far too long Any tips on setting them up, I am thinking of bi-amping them with the woofers in the factor location in the door and the tweeters up in the sail panels. Should be able to use the time alignment on the HU to keep them in sync. Are they better on axis or off axis is one thing I have been wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by duece212 View Post
    Back seats can go back in the same way they come out...
    Oh man you really know how to egg a person on lol. I was crunching some numbers and just for fun looking at 6 18's in a semi wall with port horizontal accross the middle, just didn't have quite enough air space for em, but 6 15's would work lol. Wonder if I could get a hookup on 6 15" nightshades and 3 3000d's lol

2005 F350 crew cab diesel 4x4
    -Work in Progress-
    HU: Alpine 9887 linked to 10.4" TS TruckPC
    Front Stage: Polk SR6500 Active
    Front Amp: Sundown Sax100.4
    Sub: Stereo Integrity Magnum V4 in the center console
    Sub amp: Sundown Saz-1500D

Refs: low_end, Relax, SSon22s, Johnson, tyroneshoes, twisztdpunisher, flakko, djhn9, KINGDELL91, amoffitt, Justin89T, 01 S 10, Mazzasec

probmxstyle is offline The Well Dressed OG

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 05 F350 Build log (some fiberglass work, computer, and system) Many pictures!!

They actually excel in both. They have extremely good imaging even if they are off axis. They also sound the best with the EQ set to flat or natrual.

H/U: Pioneer Z1
    Front stage: Polk SR6500
    Front stage amp: Kicker SX500.2
    Acc: Kicker SXRC network controller
    Subs: MTX 9512-44
    Sub Amp:MTX TE1501D
    Battery: Optima yellow top
    Sound Dampening: Dynamat extreme

Refs: LopezEL, PatFitz9, iamamp3pimp, nismos14, ctcsoft, negativezeroz, BigOso, LegendaryLemon, Pickler,86svo, chrisw91,gixxer9

connersdad19 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

very nice work.

REFERENCES
    http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/239110-connersdad19s-references-6.html#post7494382

I will NEVER ship anything with UPS again. I ask that you NEVER ship me anything with UPS please.

bigbangtheory is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I like the idea and all, but to me it looks like the trim panel around the deck you made, so assuming the whole fiberglassing part looks liike it wasn't painted right, or it was knicked in quite a few places. Not sure if it was the pics, or just me. Also not trying to hate, as I love the idea as I know what it takes to move your heating/AC to another spot. Just friendly constructive critiscm is all.

Love the rest of it and that amp rack looks killer and you picked some awesome subs! One thing is for sure, it will sound amazing!

Refs~Max Power(ST), bnevets27(ST), 99oldsintrigue(ST), matrxx dude(BF), Ficaraudio(BF), Zachzchw(BF), tigerf117(ST), 5.7TBI(BF), DBfan187(ST), Joesph M(ST), 97gp(ST), Cornbreadxd(ST), SlappinX(ST), nycspudz03(ST), bl0ckd(BF), Sctattooer(ST), hitman34608(ST), Wackdogg(ST), ggk(ST), 03F150MrSBF(STx2), Dye4metal(ST), Mikey7182(BF), Wu501(BF), Twisted_0912(BF), Crunklech(BF), psychoacoustics(BF), Tyler Chavez(ST), GTO Dave(ST), Thisistiny(ST), DarkScorpin(BF), davidtemple(BF), BassaddictJ(BF), Geoff_off_me(BF), Dragnix(BF)

BF=Bought from
    ST=Sold too

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by connersdad19 View Post
    very nice work.
    Thank You.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbangtheory View Post
    I like the idea and all, but to me it looks like the trim panel around the deck you made, so assuming the whole fiberglassing part looks liike it wasn't painted right, or it was knicked in quite a few places. Not sure if it was the pics, or just me. Also not trying to hate, as I love the idea as I know what it takes to move your heating/AC to another spot. Just friendly constructive critiscm is all.

Love the rest of it and that amp rack looks killer and you picked some awesome subs! One thing is for sure, it will sound amazing!
    Yea it was knicked a few times along the top edge. I got lazy towards the end, fiberglass just takes too long, and I wanted to get the radio in it, so I rushed things The paint actually matches fairly well, at first I was skeptical gotta let it fully cure before it starts to look right. I'm thinking when everything gets installed I will got at it for Round 2 when I get my head straight lol.

Thanks man, the constructive criticism helps out too. I can't wait for Nick to get the subs released, I got high hopes. I am sorta dreading it but I should probably di it right and deaden the truck too, at least to do justice to the speakers and subs.

I wish I had more updates, but lately things keep coming up for my hours after work. Hopefully get some done this weekend. Carpet and the remaining wiring items I need are all ordered, so goal for the weekend is to at the least get the amp rack all finished up and into the truck, if things go well start on running the wires.

-Work in Progress-

Refs: low_end, Relax, SSon22s, Johnson, tyroneshoes, twisztdpunisher, flakko, djhn9, KINGDELL91, amoffitt, Justin89T, 01 S 10, Mazzasec

squeak12 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Im not sure if its the same on the 05, but Ive heard you can flip the seat brackets on my year truck, 2001, and get a few more inches behind the seat. Right now I have an amp under the drivers rear seat and a tool set under the passenger rear. Plenty of room for amps under there. I really want to get leather in mine and do buckets in the front with an enclosure between the seats. Ill probably end up with a BM or two behind the seats though.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squeak12 View Post
    Im not sure if its the same on the 05, but Ive heard you can flip the seat brackets on my year truck, 2001, and get a few more inches behind the seat. Right now I have an amp under the drivers rear seat and a tool set under the passenger rear. Plenty of room for amps under there. I really want to get leather in mine and do buckets in the front with an enclosure between the seats. Ill probably end up with a BM or two behind the seats though.
    its not the same believe me I was hoping it was, but with the 05+ they got this funky load leveling system under the seat and the back folds flat, and the bottom can fold all the way up. There is just enough room to get amps under the seat if I were to run some BM's or other shallow mount subs behind the seat.

With your seats flipped you should be able to fit a pair of mags behind the seat, some BM's sure would be nice too though. Right now I would take anything with some bass lol.

-Work in Progress-

squeak12 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ive got two 10" Kicker Comps behind the seat on 300 watts TOTAL. Its alright, but they take a beating back there. Im pretty sure one is almost blown and the other is 50% cone detached from surround. Crappy stereo place installed it for the previous owner. Whenever I get some extra cash its either revamping the audio or HPOP, injectors, and a 42R Turbo.

bigbangtheory is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jdc753 View Post
    Thank You.

Yea it was knicked a few times along the top edge. I got lazy towards the end, fiberglass just takes too long, and I wanted to get the radio in it, so I rushed things The paint actually matches fairly well, at first I was skeptical gotta let it fully cure before it starts to look right. I'm thinking when everything gets installed I will got at it for Round 2 when I get my head straight lol.

Thanks man, the constructive criticism helps out too. I can't wait for Nick to get the subs released, I got high hopes. I am sorta dreading it but I should probably di it right and deaden the truck too, at least to do justice to the speakers and subs.

I wish I had more updates, but lately things keep coming up for my hours after work. Hopefully get some done this weekend. Carpet and the remaining wiring items I need are all ordered, so goal for the weekend is to at the least get the amp rack all finished up and into the truck, if things go well start on running the wires.

It's cool. Hell you are wayyyyyy better than me at fiberglassing, so kudos to you..........wait, I never tried it, but I am sure you are better. Anyway, just take your time and I am sure once you get back to it, it will look killer!

I can't wait for the subs either, but with saving for a house, monies goes toward that first.

I would deffintley deaden your truck. Shouldn't need but maybe 80-100sqft to do the whole truck, maybe not even that much.

Good luck with the rest of it and can't wait to see more pics!

Refs~Max Power(ST), bnevets27(ST), 99oldsintrigue(ST), matrxx dude(BF), Ficaraudio(BF), Zachzchw(BF), tigerf117(ST), 5.7TBI(BF), DBfan187(ST), Joesph M(ST), 97gp(ST), Cornbreadxd(ST), SlappinX(ST), nycspudz03(ST), bl0ckd(BF), Sctattooer(ST), hitman34608(ST), Wackdogg(ST), ggk(ST), 03F150MrSBF(STx2), Dye4metal(ST), Mikey7182(BF), Wu501(BF), Twisted_0912(BF), Crunklech(BF), psychoacoustics(BF), Tyler Chavez(ST), GTO Dave(ST), Thisistiny(ST), DarkScorpin(BF), davidtemple(BF), BassaddictJ(BF), Geoff_off_me(BF), Dragnix(BF)

BF=Bought from
    ST=Sold too

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Minor updates, Amp rack pretty much finished, I just need to get the rest of my wire and put it into the truck.

Computer and PSU mounted

Starting to cut out the beauty panel.

Test fit with the amps, so far so good, just gotta open it up a bit for the carpet to tuck in around the amps and cut out the openings for the crossovers and the fan.

Crossover openings

Nailed and glued and just awaiting carpet

All dressed up and ready to go in.

Just waiting on a few orders of wiring supplies and odds and ends to get things buttoned up and I will get it into the truck along with the speakers and start on the sub box.

-Work in Progress-

mil81 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wow. Dude that looks amazing.

Did you make all your inside cuts with a jig saw? Did you use a straight edge, cause those look great. Much better than mine turned out for my sub box, but I didn't really care what they looked like since they will be carpetted, and most all of them will be hidden anyways.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks man

the cuts for the amps were done with a skill saw but the cuts for the crossovers were done with the jig saw. Just made sure to put em all down with pencil measure about 50 times and draw it out on the board then carefully follow the lines. I think I used the table saw much more for a workbench than I did for making cuts lol. The carpet works good to hide many of the little imperfections. In all honesty I think I should have left a bit more of an opening around all the stuff in anticipation for the carpet but it all fits and works pretty good so far.

-Work in Progress-

mil81 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How did you use a skill saw? I mean, when you stop cutting, you don't have a square 90 degree finish.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mil81 View Post
    How did you use a skill saw? I mean, when you stop cutting, you don't have a square 90 degree finish.
    Yea for that I used the jig saw to finish up the corners, used a hand saw last time when I didn't want to break out the hand saw. Cut from the face and run the blade right up to the edge of each corner, then go back and finish up with a jeg saw, hand saw or even sawzall.

-Work in Progress-

lincolntc690 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

niiiice rack

alpine 9887, 18" BTL, Orion 2500d, rf 500x(x2), 4/0
    bought from: Peas247, pioneerpimp, icpurplepplalot, derekrain, iammurph
    traded w\ rnk1026, jeremy m, AudioFreak + a few more....

i can only take m/o's prefer usps. pm me if you have any ???'s

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast