Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Reload Thread: Want to do my first ever system....need help though!!!!

Lilmarlon25 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Want to do my first ever system....need help though!!!!

Well as you can see im a newb...ive spent about a month doing research and still some of this car audio stuff is lke chinese to me. I have just bought a new car for the first time ever, and i want to have it pretty hooked up....I bought a dodge charger and want to put in a very nice system....I do not plan on doing my own install cuz i know nothing about carpentry, wiring, or audio so i plan to take it to a audio installer with the list of stuff i need and say here you go make me happy....My budget is 2,000.00 or 2,500.00 at the max...i want to keep the factory head unit to prevent theft when someone looks in my car...based on the reasearch i have done here is what i came up with....i want my system to be nice and clean and thump cuz i only listen to r&b and hip hop....But i also want it to clearly knock someone out when they try to pull up next to me with their system blazing...any ideas, opinions, advice will be greatly appreciated

Here is what im looking at:
    2 kicker L7 12" subs or 2 diamond audio d6's
    1 kicker 1000 w amp or 1000w d3 amp
    2 polk audio 6x5 comps
    2 polk audio 6x9's for rear
    1 kicker 350w amp or 240 d3 amp
    1 yellow top battery
    pre fab box for either sub brand, cant afford a custom box as of yet

When i take the car, i want sound deadning to prevent rattling how much should i get i only want to do the trunk, license plat, and maybe doors.......Should i tell them to do the "big 3" any other things i should tell them i need?

like i said any opinions, advice, tips...or even other brands i should use will be greatly appreciated...hopefully someone can help...thanks guys...remember 2, 500.00 max but i want to be at 2,000.00

lbjshaq2345 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Want to do my first ever system....need help though!!!!

Ditch the polk, the kicker stuff is good. Make your own box, you'll be MUCH happier and it really doesn't require all the tools you'd think. You can really do one with just a jigsaw, a drill, and some wood glue. It won't be the prettiest, but unless you're wanting it painted (good luck finding a pre-fab painted) it doesn't need to be pretty. At 1000w you won't be knocking anybody out. With a $2,500 budget you can do much better than that stuff. Try this:

-Two Fi Q 12s Dual 1ohm (link) =$520
    -Two Kicker 06ZX1000.1 amps (link) = $738
    -Phoenix Gold RSd 6.5" Components (link) = $129
    -Phoenix Gold RSd 6x9 Coaxials (link) = $78
    -Kicker 06ZX100.2 amp for the components (link) = $119
    -Can't go wrong with the yellow or red tops for a daily driver, good choice there.
    -You can pretty much make your own box for the cost of wood of you have access to the tools I mentioned. Any kind of saw will work, but you need a router or jigsaw to cut the hole for the sub. If you only have a router, you can get lowe's/home depot to cut the boards the sizes you need, just make sure you take the wood thickness into account.

edit: o and all that, if you buy from the places I listed in the links, will total up to $1,584 with the exception of the battery. Add $150 for the battery and you've still got about 200 to work with. Most of that should go towards quality wiring. Check out KnuKonceptz.com for great wiring. If you have a little extra after the wiring, look into some 1/0 wire and do the Big 3. If you have dimming issues, look into a capacitor. (Don't listen to the nay-sayers on capacitors, they have proven themselves 3x over now for me). Why not do your own install? It's not as hard as it looks. Most time consuming part is taking apart/putting together the car.
    Last edited by lbjshaq2345; 06-30-2008 at 08:45 AM.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks man....You dont like the diamond audio stuff either? ive never really heard anyone talking about diamond audio subs so im extra curious on whats people reviews of them.....

Everyone else please feel free to help me out, give me some advice, tips and opinions...thanks!!!!

pd8731 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hit me up on AIM. S/N is pd8731jd . I'll help you out.

mazzasec is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ya man look into brands such as Fi, Re, Dc sounds, SSA, Audioque, Soundsplinter for subwoofers. For amps sundown, kicker, pheonix gold, memphis, JL, US amps, Incrimnator amps.

2003BlackShark is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

put a single AQ HDC3 15in sub in there and run it off the AQ2200D amp will be beast. Thats just what i plan on doin in my Tib

Big 3 done Optima Blue Top in front and rear
    Mechman 250amp Alt soon i hope

Headunit - Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD

Fronts - Kenwood 6.5

Rears - Pioneer 6x9

Mids/Highs Amp- Kicker Kx250.2

Subs - HDC3 15" in 4.7ft^3 ported box

Sub AMP - Hifonics Brutus BXI 1608

Enellz is offline The Triple O.G.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thats a HUGE budget for your first system, and my advice is buy it right the first time. We want lead your wrong here. Also the polks are trash from you spending limit. Hell most of us usually start with JUST 500! So your in good shape, and yeah get a custom box if you can afford. BJ Fisher makes some nice ish, good quality. Also my biggest advice would be to have somebody your cool with install the ish, instead of a store so you would know the do's and donts of car audio. Trust me, cause I know people who go to shop, then went something goes wrong they panic. So good luck.

2003 CHEVY TRAILBLAZER
    AKA The Batmobile

Pioneer 6000UB
    Sundown SAZ-3000D
    (2) Audio Q HDC3's
    Kinetik 2400
    40' of 1/0 Gauge
    A 38 HZ Box
    KICK ***!

Cole Trickle is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You could do a nice system with that budget if your a D.I.Y. er

I think you will be hard pressed to pull that off with install. Not to mention the shop is gonna get you on either pricing of equipment or labor for the install.

Good luck sounds like your headed in the right direction equipment wise

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wow man thanks you guys for the advice....i value all of you guys opinions and tips man...yeah about the D.I.Y. i just know i wont be able to accomplish that...hell i cant even draw in a straight line...so i KNOW i cant cut in a straight line lol...once again that budget includes all parts, labor, deadning everything so really i guess i have about 2000 for just equipment......i know a guy thats willing to sell me a jl1000 amp and a smaller one i believe 350 for 600 and a 12w7 for 500...shall i go with that and get the remaining things or i shall look for other stuff (equipment choices opinions still wanted)...

also do anyone know of good installers in the houston area, thats where i live i would rather take recommendations from you guys....once again thanks for the help and keep the advice coming...i will most definitely take pictures and vids once im done, i just got a new hd video camera lol.

oh yeah is keeping the factory head unit a good idea or should i get an aftermarket one....remember the crime rate is high as hell now a days in houston....help me out and thanks!!!!

dragnix is offline LXIX

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

JL products, especially the amps, are overpriced IMO.

Active front stage ftmfw!!!! Do that

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lol what in the hell is active frontstage???

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lilmarlon25 View Post
    Wow man thanks you guys for the advice....i value all of you guys opinions and tips man...yeah about the D.I.Y. i just know i wont be able to accomplish that...hell i cant even draw in a straight line...so i KNOW i cant cut in a straight line lol...once again that budget includes all parts, labor, deadning everything so really i guess i have about 2000 for just equipment......i know a guy thats willing to sell me a jl1000 amp and a smaller one i believe 350 for 600 and a 12w7 for 500...shall i go with that and get the remaining things or i shall look for other stuff (equipment choices opinions still wanted)...

also do anyone know of good installers in the houston area, thats where i live i would rather take recommendations from you guys....once again thanks for the help and keep the advice coming...i will most definitely take pictures and vids once im done, i just got a new hd video camera lol.

oh yeah is keeping the factory head unit a good idea or should i get an aftermarket one....remember the crime rate is high as hell now a days in houston....help me out and thanks!!!!

Try to find someone from your area on the forums to help you out, Im sure someone will help. We love this hobby. . Just keep the store installation your last option. They will rape you. For an amp and a sub we charged around 100 bucks, so stuff racks up fast.

2003 CHEVY TRAILBLAZER
    AKA The Batmobile

Pioneer 6000UB
    Sundown SAZ-3000D
    (2) Audio Q HDC3's
    Kinetik 2400
    40' of 1/0 Gauge
    A 38 HZ Box
    KICK ***!

miker is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You could easily put together a nice system for under 2000$ w/ a custom box.

REFS:
    Sold to- Sky Deaner, Jeeper07, brazilianguy, bjl95mustang, Mr Wiggl3s, Ridinhi (x2), Pootie

Bought from- kurtdirt1, jmanpc, doingstuffwell

Traded with- DaGhost, Spooney

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ok so ive finally made my mind up as far as subs and amps..now i just need opinions on front and rear speakers...ive decided to go with w 12" FI BL's..with 2 sundown 1000 w amps..now i just need car speakers and a amp for that...any suggestions????

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

For me I was going to by a KX 350 (I believe it was called) for my 6x9's, but havent made my mind up. To me shopping for speakers is alot harder than for subs. Try the Phoenix Golds, I heard their decent.

2003 CHEVY TRAILBLAZER
    AKA The Batmobile

Pioneer 6000UB
    Sundown SAZ-3000D
    (2) Audio Q HDC3's
    Kinetik 2400
    40' of 1/0 Gauge
    A 38 HZ Box
    KICK ***!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast