Reload Thread: 8 12"s VS Grand Am

GohillaAudio is offline Banned

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 8 12"s VS Grand Am

Quote Originally Posted by scarolinablazin View Post
    stop trying to squeeze every bit of space you can into that box. odds are with all those gaps you`ll never get it sealed up correctly. i thought i was joking with my 1st comment but i see it came to be true.
    bet you 10 bucks i will....i might **** as a carpenter.....but i make up for it in fiberglass.....

morgans432 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

metal is just a no no for box's. If you look at all walls they use a large box and than everything is braced inside. Than the panel is placed on the front and sealed from the back. With your design your going to have leaks you can use how much glass you want it still won't work.

Quote Originally Posted by BumpMW View Post
    I just want 2 subs that will rattle my eyeballs and soothe my ears at the same time. The type rs did that but didn't last.
    Quote Originally Posted by mprintz View Post
    Everyone here hates on audiobahn. They are a good company, but everyone here has rich daddies and can buy whatever they want. My friend blew out his back window of his F-150 with two Audiobahn Alum12s (2000 watt max each). Go with the bahn. **** you haters.
    Quote Originally Posted by jpd2621 View Post
    24 nuts holding each rim in, what other info can i give lol

bigbangtheory is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by slam View Post
    i had angle irons in my box... its metal. box in sig
    Thats fine, but he has huge gaps, he is going to glass over. Just don't make sense to me. He needs to start over, period IMHO.

Refs~Max Power(ST), bnevets27(ST), 99oldsintrigue(ST), matrxx dude(BF), Ficaraudio(BF), Zachzchw(BF), tigerf117(ST), 5.7TBI(BF), DBfan187(ST), Joesph M(ST), 97gp(ST), Cornbreadxd(ST), SlappinX(ST), nycspudz03(ST), bl0ckd(BF), Sctattooer(ST), hitman34608(ST), Wackdogg(ST), ggk(ST), 03F150MrSBF(STx2), Dye4metal(ST), Mikey7182(BF), Wu501(BF), Twisted_0912(BF), Crunklech(BF), psychoacoustics(BF), Tyler Chavez(ST), GTO Dave(ST), Thisistiny(ST), DarkScorpin(BF), davidtemple(BF), BassaddictJ(BF), Geoff_off_me(BF), Dragnix(BF)

BF=Bought from
    ST=Sold too

scarolinablazin is offline You Can't Fix STUPID

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GohillaAudio View Post
    thank you for being the first person to actually give some helpful insite.....may i ask why i could not use the metal?
    did you screw through the metal into the wood??? it will vibrate loose if not. even if you did it's a bad idea.

99oldsintrigue supports thieves and scammers = a scammer
    SEE THIS THREAD
    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showth...35#post5660235
    99oldsintrigue supports thieves and scammers = a scammer
    Quote Originally Posted by 99oldsintrigue View Post
    LOOKOUT

DONT BUY FROM Me

I R SCAMMERZ

Jeremy M is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i say keep going on it!!!!

the worst thing that will happen is u will gain experience and u will learn from it.

06' Acura MDX
    Pioneer F90bt
    JL Audio XR 653csi
    Alpine PDX 150.2
    JL Audio 13TW5
    Alpine PDX 1000.1
    ------------------
    2010 Mazdaspeed3
    Alpine CDA-9887 (w/ imprint)
    2 sets of ID OEM 6.5
    2 sets of ID XS-28
    PG Xenon x200.4
    1 Atomic 5000.1
    2 RD Alpha D2 15's
    Tons of deadner and wire!

daniel.lindsey is offline Yellow L

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Check out this guys build, he has lots of weird angles too, could give you some ideas and get you in the right direction...

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=310185

slam is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigbangtheory View Post
    Thats fine, but he has huge gaps, he is going to glass over. Just don't make sense to me. He needs to start over, period IMHO.
    i was being a smart ***. my metal is for bracing purposes only. it can actually pass for a roll cage with nhra.... yes he does need to start over and measure

Ken448 is offline Get off my lawn.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

cardboard templates are your friends!

wow not bad: