View Poll Results: So, how do you rate it?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Awesome (not likely, lol)

7 15.91%
  • Pretty Nice

24 54.55%
  • Medium

7 15.91%
  • Lacking A Lot

3 6.82%
  • Pathetic

3 6.82%
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Reload Thread: 94' Supra Build: First attempt at an SQ system

req
    req is offline am a mod.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 94' Supra Build: First attempt at an SQ system

sweet car. i hope you did not spray that expandable foam onto the interior of that car... i hope there was some sort of barrier so it is not permanent. it would be a shame if you just sprayed it in there

deaden them doors and seal up the holes in the door skin. otherwise, lookin good.

morgans432 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

hogans son is in jail now i believe and great setup in a bad ass car man

Quote Originally Posted by BumpMW View Post
    I just want 2 subs that will rattle my eyeballs and soothe my ears at the same time. The type rs did that but didn't last.
    Quote Originally Posted by mprintz View Post
    Everyone here hates on audiobahn. They are a good company, but everyone here has rich daddies and can buy whatever they want. My friend blew out his back window of his F-150 with two Audiobahn Alum12s (2000 watt max each). Go with the bahn. **** you haters.
    Quote Originally Posted by jpd2621 View Post
    24 nuts holding each rim in, what other info can i give lol

jdc0589 is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NMBR1SPT View Post
    I will + 1 that all day long I like em just like that. If I could find one unmolested around here I would own it, the prob is everyone around here screws them up....
    Well, there are a TON of really nice ones in the Orlando area...but most of them have at least $30,000 invested on top of the price, lol.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by req View Post
    sweet car. i hope you did not spray that expandable foam onto the interior of that car... i hope there was some sort of barrier so it is not permanent. it would be a shame if you just sprayed it in there

deaden them doors and seal up the holes in the door skin. otherwise, lookin good.
    I tested a small area before I went all out with the foam. It sticks fairly well, but when its good and cured it will pop right off with enough force, leaving little or no residue to clean up. So, no problem there.

I forgot to mention it, but there are two layers of fatmat on the door skins (cant see it in any of the pics), all you can see in the pics are a few random pieces on other parts in the door. I need to add a third layer, but it needs something more.

I'm going to make a copy of the OE weather barriers in the doors out of a few layers of felt, stitch the layers together, coat both sides with liquid sound deadener (sp?), and then install it on top of the OE sheets. That should do the job.

NMBR1SPT is offline I Might Be Your Dad.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jdc0589 View Post
    Well, there are a TON of really nice ones in the Orlando area...but most of them have at least $30,000 invested on top of the price, lol.
    I haven't found any, most are put back to stock, and sold as unfvcked up, which is not the same, I had a guy tell me one was stock, and when you fired it up it smoked like a chimney for burnt ring or what have you, and the paint didn't match on the bumpers and side skirts, I used to paint high end cars for a living and Ive seen some good paint on these things, but untouched I find it hard to believe. I'm in orlando, These guys are idiots, theres a kid in the neighborhood, came by braging he built his entire mitsu eclipse off of ebay, and I don't mean name brand stuff, I mean the whole knock off set up. he had the whole sweet pyle gazillion watt amp and everything he said, I just oh yeah cool

Mr.B is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

car looks cherray, get a few where i live...

BALEETED

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

nice install, i <3 supra

2x SAZ-1500 for SALE 310+ship ea
    RE MT 18" w/ juggaurnaut recone For Sale 320+ shipping

Dakota Work Log

References
    Bought From: IonSQL, PhatTonyDeMarco, nikosbuddy, spudracer326, RoLLaxPhile, hessdawg, JonMR2turbo, GohillaAudio, BushJ311
    Sold To: saturnspl1991, gbz007, SVT RELAMPAGO(3x Box Build),alex5897, David187, bland

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NMBR1SPT View Post
    I haven't found any, most are put back to stock, and sold as unfvcked up, which is not the same, I had a guy tell me one was stock, and when you fired it up it smoked like a chimney for burnt ring or what have you, and the paint didn't match on the bumpers and side skirts, I used to paint high end cars for a living and Ive seen some good paint on these things, but untouched I find it hard to believe. I'm in orlando, These guys are idiots, theres a kid in the neighborhood, came by braging he built his entire mitsu eclipse off of ebay, and I don't mean name brand stuff, I mean the whole knock off set up. he had the whole sweet pyle gazillion watt amp and everything he said, I just oh yeah cool

Wow...that makes me hurt inside. People dont understand, but paint and body work IS NOT CHEAP to get done well. Usually I dont use this mentality towards things, but when someone tells me they got a respray for $2,000 the first thing that pops into my mind is: "I wonder where the shop skimped..."

have you been by Titan Motorsports in winter park? One of the main shops in the country for MKIV's, they have some really nice cars that come through there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    car looks cherray, get a few where i live...
    Quote Originally Posted by twisztdauthorit View Post
    nice install, i <3 supra
    Thanks!

fatboyracing is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thats a bad ride.

refs.
    sold to raz0rxx ,hemi=22s (x3) , KCha,Americanstrat21, havieri23 (x2), Rudy',Mynameismcgyver,UNCchef ,jco1385,Linkz ,BushJ311,--Navi-- ,Korn4Life,DavaFlava,camaroaudio69,JLbumpin04gp,sv arasnj,TC2k15x2 ,18inchjeepin,boltpride,Sarthos, sonikaccord,pntbllwlly
    bought from profoundwill,Louisiana_CRX (x2),m3dia_lab,toddyosh ,duece212,speedfreak28,mendon99,Innovative:Cory (x alot),sundownz,fasfocus00,lyttleviet,RJesus ,m3dia_lab

Traded with tribaljames,Louisiana_CRX

Crimson Boom is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How the hell did you find a turbo supra in Birmingham? My friend has been looking for one for AGES to no avail. Where do you live in this(not so great) city?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Boom View Post
    How the hell did you find a turbo supra in Birmingham? My friend has been looking for one for AGES to no avail. Where do you live in this(not so great) city?
    I looked around here for a long time without luck, they were all either n/a, had gay body kits, or WAY too expensive (there was a 3kmile red TT 6 spd that sold for about $60,000). Then (for reasons I discovered later) I found this one way out of state and the buyer was willing to pay for shipping. To this day the entire supraforums community and myself can not figure out how the hell the original owner managed to bend a rod on the stock turbos....the OE internals are good for 800hp!!!!!

There are some nice ones though. 3-5 of us get together every few months for lunch and a drive. As of last summer, we have a 600-700hp 2jz powered S2000 in town that comes sometimes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

OO nice, that thing must be amazing to see in person, thats what I love about the southern states, there are TONS of people(comparitively) with really powerful cars in pretty much every major city, and an number of hick-towns.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Added final pics of the doors and dash to post #2

OO nice, that thing must be amazing to see in person, thats what I love about the southern states, there are TONS of people(comparitively) with really powerful cars in pretty much every major city, and an number of hick-towns.
    Birmingham really doesnt have too many. I dont think I have EVER seen a really powerful modified domestic around, Z06 corvettes and Cobras are usually the top of the food chain.

But, that has started to change in the past few years, thanks mainly to Barber.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well i'm thinking about dragsters and the like, theres a street racing board out there and theres some pretty respectble cars on there cept for the fact they have competitive driving events.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well i'm thinking about dragsters and the like, theres a street racing board out there and theres some pretty respectble cars on there cept for the fact they have competitive driving events.
    Ah, im not really in to that scene. I know there used to be a bunch around here but they published an article in the newspaper about it a few years and the cops started cracking down.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast