Closed Thread
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Reload Thread: Speak Peak

pd8731 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Speak Peak

Great, another waste of thousands of dollars that could have bought somebody a loud system.

miker is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

lol.. that's like over 2 grand in batteries alone...

REFS:
    Sold to- Sky Deaner, Jeeper07, brazilianguy, bjl95mustang, Mr Wiggl3s, Ridinhi (x2), Pootie

Bought from- kurtdirt1, jmanpc, doingstuffwell

Traded with- DaGhost, Spooney

90accordman is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by miker View Post
    lol.. that's like over 2 grand in batteries alone...
    id say over 3

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/278847-90accordman-feedback.html

JL Audio is online now ThugStep

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 90accordman View Post
    id say over 3
    i'd say it'll be a wasteful system either way from his past install... but let's hope not.

IM GONNA FIRE MY LAZER AND SUCH.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

was talking with a friend, i dont know what Gmonks plans are exactly but if i was spending that much money on a build id match my batteries and make a nice battery rack and it also looks like alot of room wasted in between there

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/278847-90accordman-feedback.html

pd8731 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

was talking with a friend, i dont know what Gmonks plans are exactly but if i was spending that much money on a build id match my batteries and make a nice battery rack and it also looks like alot of room wasted in between there
    If I was spending that much money, I would hit more than 152 with 4 18s on more than 12k in a FUCKING WALL!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

eh stuff happens when your not familiar with the equipment i guess. from my understanding that last build wasnt built really for numbers ever it just moved alot of air and thats it. i dont even know what hz he was peaking at really but i guess in 2010 when it might be done we'll see a finished product and be able to go from there

pd8731 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

eh stuff happens when your not familiar with the equipment i guess. from my understanding that last build wasnt built really for numbers ever it just moved alot of air and thats it. i dont even know what hz he was peaking at really but i guess in 2010 when it might be done we'll see a finished product and be able to go from there
    Numbers? Air mover? From my understanding it didn't do either. That's what happens when you have tons of money but no intelligence.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

from the vids i seen it looked like it moved air
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=QvizDaX9e_4&feature=related

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

moving air and pressuring air apparently different things lol..

galacticmonkey is offline Wants a button like that.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It did move some air... It would do a huge hair trick with both doors wide open on alot of low bass music.

It didnt bassrace great because that was the first time it saw a meter. Didnt know peak note, had never even heard the song before I started the run, and my voltage was wayyy down from playing it for people. I was blasting the heck out of it for a good while, subs were real hot and voltage was real low when the run started.

The song had a note that was like 43-45hz... That was wayyy too high. Im guessing it peaked around 30-35hz. Thats where it was loudest to the ear, but I figured it would meter better a little higher. Guess not. The heat was killing everyone that day. 120 degrees on the blacktop parking lot. Even Jethro Eason could only do a 155-156 in Bassrace, when his van easily does a 158.x. If I was charged, used the right song, and the temperature was better, the score would have been way up. I know thats just a bunch of excuses, but take it for what it was worth. I wouldnt be surprised if it would Bassrace a 154-155 on a good day with the right conditions.

The entire setup was pretty much doomed from the start... Those subs just couldnt handle that much power at that ohm load in that box. Never fried a coil, but I was breaking tinsels all the time. Just wayyyy too much current.

Anyway, the new setup will be great. Will only be seeing about 750rms @ 1ohm a sub, so nothing will be breaking. Will be able to actually play it without worrying about breaking stuff, so thats always nice. Alot of people around here have seen it and say it should be retarded loud. Jethro swung by and checked it out and I guess he was saying that it should be absolutely brutal. And I guess Kicker heard about it from some people around here, and called up whining that I wasnt running Kicker amps in it haha.

The batteries dont look the same... 1/2 are blue, and 1/2 are black. So? Its the same battery, both HC2400s, just different casings. And its not as much as you would think. I got them straight from Kinetik for like $130 or so each shipped, brand new. Now Kinetik competitor pricing is just rediculous. Its double that.

The batteries will be covered anyway, and you wont see them. They are just temporary as well. The amprack is done. Amps mounted, wires ran, speaker wires ran, box finished, etc. Just need a trim pannel on the front of the box and we need subs to install. UPS ****ed the subs up bad, and they were returned to the warehouse before they even got here... Its being taken care of though. Just waiting for the subs to get here and we can wire it up and play it.

And pd, why you being such a douchebag? You used to always message me on AIM, I thought we were cool?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by galacticmonkey View Post
    It did move some air... It would do a huge hair trick with both doors wide open on alot of low bass music.

It didnt bassrace great because that was the first time it saw a meter. Didnt know peak note, had never even heard the song before I started the run, and my voltage was wayyy down from playing it for people. I was blasting the heck out of it for a good while, subs were real hot and voltage was real low when the run started.

The song had a note that was like 43-45hz... That was wayyy too high. Im guessing it peaked around 30-35hz. Thats where it was loudest to the ear, but I figured it would meter better a little higher. Guess not. The heat was killing everyone that day. 120 degrees on the blacktop parking lot. Even Jethro Eason could only do a 155-156 in Bassrace, when his van easily does a 158.x. If I was charged, used the right song, and the temperature was better, the score would have been way up. I know thats just a bunch of excuses, but take it for what it was worth. I wouldnt be surprised if it would Bassrace a 154-155 on a good day with the right conditions.

The entire setup was pretty much doomed from the start... Those subs just couldnt handle that much power at that ohm load in that box. Never fried a coil, but I was breaking tinsels all the time. Just wayyyy too much current.

Anyway, the new setup will be great. Will only be seeing about 750rms @ 1ohm a sub, so nothing will be breaking. Will be able to actually play it without worrying about breaking stuff, so thats always nice.

The batteries dont look the same... 1/2 are blue, and 1/2 are black. So? Its the same battery, both HC2400s, just different casings. And its not as much as you would think. I got them straight from Kinetik for like $130 or so each shipped, brand new. Now Kinetik competitor pricing is just rediculous. Its double that.

The batteries will be covered anyway, and you wont see them. They are just temporary as well. The amprack is done. Amps mounted, wires ran, speaker wires ran, box finished, etc. Just need a trim pannel on the front of the box and we need subs to install. UPS ****ed the subs up bad, and they were returned to the warehouse before they even got here... Its being taken care of though. Just waiting for the subs to get here and we can wire it up and play it.

And pd, why you being such a douchebag? You used to always message me on AIM, I thought we were cool?
    good to hear, i'd rather be able to play mine all day than a few minutes and have to let them cool.

that's why I am downgrading from 2 stet 7kds to a 20.1 lol.. did you ever say what size subs? or how many?

MEMPHISFLEX is offline -------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pd8731 View Post
    If I was spending that much money, I would hit more than 152 with 4 18s on more than 12k in a FUCKING WALL!
    Yeah **** i was doing that with 4 15" audiopipes tuned to 28hz in a tahoe with a two audiopipe amps, my system cost less than his electrical system!! LOL he is a mommy and daddys boy anyhow!!

MEMPHISFLEX is offline -------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheLow View Post
    good to hear, i'd rather be able to play mine all day than a few minutes and have to let them cool.

that's why I am downgrading from 2 stet 7kds to a 20.1 lol.. did you ever say what size subs? or how many?
    LOL here we go!!

tooloud4tv is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

smh why the phuck everyone bashing this guy because his scores ****** and he spent big money? jezz its his phucking money, he didnt do any of the build in his last install, he made an mistake thats all. nothing that hasn't been done EVER! give the guy an break not everyone has the tallent/skills to do there own work

Had some problems but working them out donpisto is an grate guy for working with me still!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast