Closed Thread
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Reload Thread: Speak Peak

galacticmonkey is offline Wants a button like that.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    136 Post(s)

Re: Speak Peak

Yeah, gotta charge them individually. They were so drained that they wouldnt take a charge, so we gotta do each battery by itself very slowly. Kinda nurse them back to where they should be.

97cavy is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nice to see cone area making such a comeback! Good luck with the van!

96 blazer
    8 Fi Q 15''s
    2 SS 6500's
    5 NSB 125's

Refs:
    MK3XXX, T3 Audios 160db Jeep, TPRJ5, Awp122, 91Lacdeville, duece212, boister77, BuddyChrist, Safe_Cracker, JCP, Saywhat?, ProjectPat06, SqHertz, MuddinXJ, emd2260, terra, loudcartunez

JEXTEL is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by galacticmonkey View Post
    Theres nothing to post pics of.
    bro..there's always something to post pics of..lol

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3042878
    HEADUNIT 9311ts | Pioneer AVIC F-90BT
    FRONT STAGE Rockford P400.4 and T4004 | 2 Audiopipe Super Tweeters | 2 Dayton 5's |4 Kicker ks13 Tweeters | 10 Selenium 6.5's
    THE BASS 2 FI BTL 18's | PG 8V Line Driver | Clarion 7 Band EQ | 2 GP3000d's @ .5ohm | Xquizite Konceptz wall @ 32hz
    ELECTICAL DC 315A 16v alt | 4 Runs of Knu 1/0 | 4 HC16v's| 1 HC2000 upfront
    "GET LOUD OR DIE TRYIN"
    only the loudest will survive.
    2009 Season 140-149.9 Bassrace Class
    2010 Season 150-159.9 Bassrace Class
    Team Deadly Hertz
    Team DC Power
    Maxima MLA Module FOR SALE cheap

528hz is offline Everything'sMiscellaneous

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

In for any updates......what's the "score?"

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    136 Post(s)

Well its all finished... Will be at the DB Drag in Spring Hill thats Sunday the 12th. Only thing left to do is get my alternator on. Hopefully It will be on by the show, because without it I cant really play it too hard.

The batteries were slow charged for 2 days straight and when it was fully charged up it was WAYYYYYYYY louder. Im talking night and day difference. This box with these subs has potention to be a serious Bassraces, just need some battery/amp power behind it. As it is, the amps are doing all they can, but are really limited by my batteries. So Im really not seeing all the power I should be right now but its still pretty loud. It will play loud for ages, and the subs wont even get warm... But the amp will shut off because voltage gets too low. Hopefully that will be solved when the alt goes in. We did find out the problem was battery voltage though, since the amp was just fine when it was charged up.

Did just a few minutes of testing AFTER the batteries were already discharged again (too busy listening when it was charged up ) and it will do a high 156 to low 157 @ 35-40hz range (thats sealed up, mic on dash) until hell freezes over. Subs dont even get warm. When the voltage problem is solved it will be able to do those numbers al day. No reason I wont be able to crank it up that loud, walk away, and just let it play. So thats some rough numbers for now, and they will only go up. When I get a bunch of Powermaster 16vs and some more 16v alts, I dont see why it wont be able to be playing music in the upper 150s, MAYBE even touchin a 160 on music.

Only time will tell though, so we will see how it happens. Ill be at the show, 95% sure I wont be competing though, just playing it for people. Thats only if my alternator is on by then though, it should be.

Ill have finished pics up tomorrow. Ill make a new thread and put a link to it here.

req
    req is offline am a mod.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

pictures or all these numbers are erroneous.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    136 Post(s)

Ill have finished pics up tomorrow. Ill make a new thread and put a link to it here.
    Those were just some quick numbers. Toss the mic in the car, play a couple things, and we were done.

When I get the voltage problrm solved, Ill really spend some time dealing with dialing it in, finding my note, doin some Bassrace runs, etc.

Not too worried about numbers though. It does decent numbers now, and they will go way up once I get some real power. Even then, its still just a daily driven ground pounder, so meter is second. Loud to the ear is all I care about, and it sure is.

R/T Pimp is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Its my car. I payed for all the equipment. I did the parts that I could of the build. So it is my system.

It can play a 150.1 on a good day on a test tone. Good for you. I was that loud 2 years ago.

When you have a system louder than mine, send me a PM and Ill make a thread and we can have the entire lounge watch. Until then, Im still louder than you, Mr. Gorilla.
    G-monk I have always loved reading about your setups because you put together the type of systems I enjoy. But I will ask you to leave anything related to Gorilla out of your mouth. It is between you and Caylor not Team Gorilla and G-monk. I will leave it at that. Sorry for jumping in on a negative note but I must speak my peace because Team Gorilla effects a lot of people. But understand I was only hear to see your build because I love your builds so please understand I am not trying to start garbage. So more pics please.

Team Treo

http://treoonline.com

Refs - basssquared x2, memphisflex x4, massiveaudiocw x2, DBDesignsElite, TheLow, alxmlr789, RoyalCrownCola, thegreatestpenn, blaze383, its_bacon12, keefy248, KickerSoItBump, blazeplacid, SaweetDome, IonSQL, meh, dwman (scammer), tez4life, RyanM923, Spl170s, cd6551, Injected54, peas247, kowboy (many many transaction) and a great person, jailhouseracer8, biggen_bd, Incriminator, QtrHorse, stuckinok, kmanian, ContourSPL, markt3307, andrew2944r, schrummy, AZ-ss, pangullo, hemi=22s, Rashaddd, Magz_rule, Dallas Cowboys, Jando86,
    bur1196, riogigalo, SPLluminator, Zeigler0710560, siacarman, btdickey99, DarrenE46 .

kminatta is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i'm new to this level of car audio so forgive my ignorance, but i have to ask, what does a system like this cost?

pd8731 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kminatta View Post
    i'm new to this level of car audio so forgive my ignorance, but i have to ask, what does a system like this cost?
    Approximately 1.28 bajillion dollars.

bball09124 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kminatta View Post
    $12,000 is a rough guess from a few things I added up. Plus the cost of the van.

bought from: cbrrocketrdr, bk12321, galacticmonkey, jnoel, aaronmiiller, revrider1, QtrHorse, brchd, Calikid, IA2, miker, dontknowanythin, Towncar, woofercooker, speedyg76, cd6551
    traded with: lorilee8284, Boominator
    sold to:ravens9322, Blinkdogo2, dbubble, Fusion_FREAK, oneill584, jrgreene1968

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    136 Post(s)

Well its all finished... Had to take the line driver out (wasnt mine), so now it has no line driver in it. Mine should be here tomorrow though. Without it, each amp is only seeing like 1.5 volts.

Anyway, its still pretty loud, but nowhere near as loud as it will be with the line driver/alternator in. Ill take some pics in a bit, but gotta wait for my camera to charge.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    136 Post(s)

Just waiting on photobucket now to finish uploading pics.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    136 Post(s)

Still need to clean it up, wash it, and get all the saw dust and crap off everything so it looks better. Pretty dirty right now though. Not finished though. Going to have more highs inside the cabin when I get money (obviously), glassed doors, glassed center console, and some extra stuff on the amprack like more speakers and some logos on the black thing.

Its not anywhere near "finished", but its all playing, and it looks pretty good now. As said, still need to put the line driver in and hook up my alternator. Will make a huge difference since right now the batteries sit at like 12v and the voltage drops so low that the amps shut off. Havent gotten the subs even close to hot/stinky yet, and I was beating on it pretty good.

So far:
    Ive broken my rear view mirror off.
    Driver door cant be locked/unlocked from the outside, and cant be opened from inside.
    Both sun visors had the clips break off and are kinda sagging.
    Knocked the Chevy emblem off passanger door.

tapout is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sick.

Closed Thread
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

User Tag List