CRD
    CRD is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: CRD Mazda CX-7 SQ Install

Quote Originally Posted by TPABlazer View Post
    I used some of that roof sealant from lowes in my ranger, it's not really that great. Doesnt stick that well, didnt hold up on vertical surfaces for me really at all.
    I noticed that if apply the product as is it will hold in some areas and in other areas is loose, but if you heated with a heat gun it really bonds vertical horizontal or any way you put it. It really gets sticky when hot.

I will use most of them on my floor and trunk.

alxmlr789 is offline 6>5

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MTXman View Post
    Orlando! And no capacitor.

I wanna see/hear this when its done!

Eh.. Crime hills lol we'll meet in downtown or something lol.
    Heh. We'll all get jumped as a group if we meet in teh crimies.

Bought: Tweet02 (x2), bjfish11, pboulos(x3), baseballer1100, ibanender, Duece212, gitusum, jmanjr, Dalucifer, KPR10is, Megalomaniac, oxsign, jmanpc, hoss, 2002xlt, mobeious
    Sold: Mike dressure, Dejawiz, Lax916, Calikid, 88irocZ, lammy, Oxsign, Jblanford, JohnnyBASS, Rocky 59, Megalomaniac, tRdoc, 350_regal, oxsign, sundownz, dont smoke crack, Good*bad*Ugly*, ryanroma, 96TL, VQ35max, Deuce212, darkist240sx, Jhughes, SPY, Gongos, 04silverz, SirJoseph8989, Theothermike (x2), sgdenny, mgbcs, uncfanforlife07, NMBR1SPT, Nukeitall (x2), glasjaw, NeedDirections
    Traded: Rtilaree, mike dressure, megalomaniac, wheeler

Feedback thread = http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=224101

CRD

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Another update, today after preparing the condo to move out, I worked a little bit on the custom bafles and put some sound deadening in the doors, it was a little late so I didn't finish, tomorrow they will be done and I have to pass 2 wires one for the tweeters and one for the midbass, it will be a pain in the behind.

CRD

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Another update, blaupunkt VC100 tweeters installed on the door. They better sound good because they're big.

CRD

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

More sound deadening, very easy to apply and very sticky too.

I didn't remove the center console, not worth all the unistalling for now I still need to remove this when I install my car pc. I pulled the carpet hard and put it under my seats and gas pedal area.

Now I need to do the doors and install new wires thru the doors for the tweeters and midbass (a real pain in the behind)

A little mess I did on my cousin's garage

flipside1212 is offline MR. I dun GIV aFUX

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

got any rims for sale????

REFS:
    bought:btdickey99, ProgMtl, Stopdrpnro, vitveet x2, wu501, splkid,mazzasec,slapmaster
    sold: qcsfinest704,07ss,01_STL_X,AK SloPok,qslimms
    traded: ssackett, slam, spy, shoilz

CRD

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Took almost 2 hours to pass the 2 wires thru the Molex connector on the 2 doors, but I think is the best mod I will enjoy over the years.

I had to cut a little plastic on the connetors to pass the 4 wires but it worked.

skateboardkid is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

um you have more equiment in there than the small ricer store down the street from me in Oregon?

Switch your rims to different color every day of the week?

J/K

run your sub up to 80Hz or your are gonna have a 4 way system with hole in your frequency response, which would defeat the purpose of running a 3-4 way active system....

nice job on the doors, 2 hours to do that! way to persevere, shoudl sound great, best budget setup I have seen in some time.

“It takes only one drink to get me drunk. The trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or the fourteenth.”
    -Benjamin Frankin

Quote Originally Posted by FoxPro5 View Post
    True midbass begins when the impact is so accurate and realistic that it sounds like someone is beating on the front part of your dash with a baseball bat.

CRD

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skateboardkid View Post
    um you have more equiment in there than the small ricer store down the street from me in Oregon?

Switch your rims to different color every day of the week?

J/K

run your sub up to 80Hz or your are gonna have a 4 way system with hole in your frequency response, which would defeat the purpose of running a 3-4 way active system....

nice job on the doors, 2 hours to do that! way to persevere, shoudl sound great, best budget setup I have seen in some time.
    That's some old stock from my cousins Car audio and speed store, I might lower the Hz on the daytons and raise the subwoofer crossover point, I just need to play with them and tuned good. I'm almost there

CRD

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Today I got the last pieces of the puzzle time to play hehehe finally

Daytons Midranges and AudioControl EQL

CRD

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There is a little change of plans on the amp rack, I REALLY need trunk space for my daughters stroller and other things, plus I'm having problems with the first design and the ability to remove the spare tire easily.

I'm thinking on stacking the 4 amplifiers one in top of each other with enought gap to cool, and make a nice custom box for them, with 2 small brushless fans. I will post pictures of this design later.

CRD

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A little update I have been very busy, I have been driving my car without door panels and halft done, it *****. But this weekend i will install a lot of stuff and test the sound.

Here is the first steps fo the bezel, I modified the schoche kit to add the LCD bezel. used some bumper plastic epoxy to bonded togheter, tomorrow I will sand add check for inperfections.

It Hertz is offline Fabricating Personality

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by b_runz View Post
    because caps are a bandaid. add an extra battery. if he his going to compete in sq compitetions the cars are judged with the car off so after the inital bass hit the cap will drain and then pull power from the battery to recharge itself, power that could be going to the amps. so cap bad battery good.

Couple of comment to this.
    Though I do perfer a seconday back up battery a Capacitor is not always a bandaid. adding a battery may offer more energy storage, but they add more resistance to the electrical system and they take more to recharge then a capacitor. the trick is that you need to make sure you have enough capacitance for the amount of power you are running. most people will say 1 farad per 1000 watts RMS, but will usually work better if you do 1 farad per 500 watts.

If you compete in IASCA competitions, most events will judge will vehicles with them running this is done for comfort of the judges in the heat, so if it is donein one vehicle it will be done in ALL vehicles.

So you can run the Cap, but with all those amps you will need more then one and by the time you buy the two or three you need plus all the added connectors you could have bought one battery and connectors for it.

thanks,
    Bryan

Innovative Audio & Styling
    Enchantment Editions
    www.innovativecars.net
    Alb, NM

CRD

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I bought a JVC KD-AR7500 as the main Head Unit controlling the 7band EQ with a nice 5volt pre-out, and the Car PC will be on the AUX in. The JVC Headunit will be stealth unless I decide to modify the center console. I won't be using the AudioControl EQL.

Main features I was looking for:

Plays CDs, CD-R/RWs (including discs loaded with MP3 and WMA files), and Secure Digital (SD) cards
    7-band iEQ with 12 preset tone curves
    BBE Digital for more lifelike sound from your compressed music
    advanced multi-bit DAC (digital-to-analog converter) for accurate sound reproduction
    auxiliary input
    5-volt front, rear, and subwoofer preamp outputs
    CD frequency response: 5-20,000 Hz
    CD signal-to-noise ratio: 102 dB

I also ordered one more Blaupunkt THA-275 Amplifier, so now are 5 amps, I decided to put the Rockford T110D4 10" subwoofer in and I need heavy RMS power to move it, to create that CLEAN / DEEP hit in bass. So for now is 200wRMS per coil, not much but better than before. I forgot this past sunday was fathers day and I couldn't do anything pn the CX-7 other than sand the bezel on sunday night (looks good)

I will post pictures ofd the bezel tonight

Oldbass38 is offline I'm going deaf

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Very nice install...I'm subscribed!

2000 Buick Park Avenue
    Kenwood KDC-X994
    4 Sundown SA 10's
    1 Sundown SAZ 3500D