Closed Thread

Reload Thread: New Atomic APX's Box

hazardous0388 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

New Atomic APX's Box

Well I didn't like the last box I built....was just tuned too low for my liking. So i built a box that was around 3.9 cu ft before all displacements. has two 4 inch aero ports that are 11.25 inches long a piece. Sounds alot better and I'm pleased with it.

Subs face the right, ports face the left.

refs: zeuslicious(Christian)x8---nomad40---shallowfu---adio---pioneerpimp---fiercetimbo17---hayden---BLD 25--flakko---R-sosa----denim---woc47----lilmaniac2(Chad Kevin motha ****in Hicks)----newtitan---IgnoreMe(George)---JBGabriel---BuddyChrist----KingRanch---assman---MitchZ---JoeSmith502---The Low x2---Fiery---dragnix---tapout -383---splguru---sq wat 4---PimpDaddyq---Mr_Imperial---AbsoluteAudio---KHARPS---Sotelomichael---dt053---cmobley---SomeDonnieDude---ax600---SQcrewcab--Zachfeen--Power-Fanatic07--t4r505--

"You almost had me? You never had your subs. Ask any bass racer. Any true bass racer. Its not about how much a piece of equipment costs. Its how you install it."

Zeuslicious is online now << 28hz feels good

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Re: New Atomic APX's Box

Nice!!!!!

Pme if you want to get metered, I have Termlab

Refs? lol, Click here.

*Alpine CDA-9835 / Alpine PXA-H701/RUX-C701 / Audio Control Epic 160 / Alpine pdx 4.150 / AA Polymids/Vifa tws / Team Soundigital 8000.1 - Stetsom 7K2D Modded / 2-15" TC-modded 5400's - 2-15" Ti Pro's - 2-15" RE Destroyers - 2-15" TRF's - 2-15" RD Audio HW / Second Skin / Monster cable & Knukonceptz Wire / 3-C&D High Rate Batterys*

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks zeus! Finally something went right. took a few weeks...

refs: zeuslicious(Christian)x8---nomad40---shallowfu---adio---pioneerpimp---fiercetimbo17---hayden---BLD 25--flakko---R-sosa----denim---woc47----lilmaniac2(Chad Kevin motha ****in Hicks)----newtitan---IgnoreMe(George)---JBGabriel---BuddyChrist----KingRanch---assman---MitchZ---JoeSmith502---The Low x2---Fiery---dragnix---tapout -383---splguru---sq wat 4---PimpDaddyq---Mr_Imperial---AbsoluteAudio---KHARPS---Sotelomichael---dt053---cmobley---SomeDonnieDude---ax600---SQcrewcab--Zachfeen--Power-Fanatic07--t4r505--

"You almost had me? You never had your subs. Ask any bass racer. Any true bass racer. Its not about how much a piece of equipment costs. Its how you install it."

PsychoTheRapist is offline ***** in your butt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Looks pretty solid! vids?

References:
    Sold to: Pimpdaddyq, mmmwings, Pboulos, 03tibgt, SkronnyLonny, Need-SQ, stoker42, bk12321 (x2), ChaseBimmer, Paaco1981, david in german, superbang, kmanian, Lingerfelt, Treads4heads, jgonino, JoeSmith502, gladiator jai, j1b1e1, Anniku989, IloveBass, Magz_rule, HawaiianBassHed, duece212, PhatTonyDeMarco, ZeroGuage, mk_, rusty_armadillo, Burnout956, NewAgeKing, bromo, slam330, davidt487, Fast1one, Queball, Mike.. RidnClean, revrider1, prodigy215, Korn4Life, Jeepjones85, BigOso, gymfreak101, mattman30,

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoTheRapist View Post
    Looks pretty solid! vids?
    soon to come!!!

memphisman is offline SLASH N' BURN

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

**** them subs look mean!!

2001 DODGE RAM QUAD CAB
    2 Kicker CVX 15's
    2 Memphis PR 1000d's

1994 Honda Civic Ex
    H22a swap
    Cai
    4-2-1 Header
    SOon to have 2 ssa icon12's

I FEEL SO ALONE GONNA END UP A BIG OLE PILE OF THEM BONES
    INTO THE FLOOD AGAIN, SAME OLE TRIP IT WAS BACK THEN, SO I MADE A BIG MISTAKE, TRIED TO SEE IT ONCE MY WAY

dtbrown is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You're welcome.

Lets see a pic of box inside all way. And if you upgrade to two 6" ports you better not put those wires through the ports. LOL

So far loudest Toyota Yaris with two 10's.

154.1 certified (new rules) on termlab Db Drag Street A. Equipment: DD 9510's and one Stetsom 7k2d on a small Stinger 1750
    155.3 on termlab Db Drag Street A 2007 WF 4th place. Equipment: DD 9510's and two Stetsom 7kd's with a Cacuts Sounds CS9000 Battery.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dtbrown View Post
    You're welcome.

Lets see a pic of box inside all way. And if you upgrade to two 6" ports you better not put those wires through the ports. LOL
    LOL thanks for the box design jeff. also, if I upgrade to 6 inch aero ports, will they be the same length as the 4's?

bhsdriller is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hazardous0388 View Post
    LOL thanks for the box design jeff. also, if I upgrade to 6 inch aero ports, will they be the same length as the 4's?
    I'm no expert on this but iirc when you go with a bigger diameter port the port gets longer for the same tuning

dtbrown is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bhsdriller View Post
    I'm no expert on this but iirc when you go with a bigger diameter port the port gets longer for the same tuning

Correct, You will need to go at least 5" longer. Or as long as the inside flare is at least 4" away from the motor of the sub so it has room to breath.

So far loudest Toyota Yaris with two 10's.

154.1 certified (new rules) on termlab Db Drag Street A. Equipment: DD 9510's and one Stetsom 7k2d on a small Stinger 1750
    155.3 on termlab Db Drag Street A 2007 WF 4th place. Equipment: DD 9510's and two Stetsom 7kd's with a Cacuts Sounds CS9000 Battery.

Closed Thread