User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Reload Thread: 1991 Cadillac DeVille Build - RE, DD, RF, Second Skin, ect.

JoeSmith502 is offline Beware of Dog!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: 1991 Cadillac DeVille Build - RE, DD, RF, Second Skin, ect.

Yeah I have a major update coming tonight! Stay tuned!

My Feedback Thread:
    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=338915

References: hazardous0388, GroundPound4200, RC10Mike, BonesNinja, Bones22, PsychoTheRapist, Vitveet, DisturbedKlownz, DD_Dave, havieri23, DavidTemple, Caligirl2k, Tyler_ofSpain, Spy, Dropped_Mazda, TeamPSI, Mobeious & Many, Many More..

1991 Cadillac Deville Build Log:
    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=319053
    Install includes RE, DD, US Amps, Second Skin, Alpine, ect.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, its been a while since my last post so its time for a major update to the build log. I haven't gotten a lot done lately because I have been waiting on subs, boxes, amps and various other stuff.

Ok first off the Rockford Power 1000 and Power T3002 are gone and have now been replaced by US Amps Merlin MD-42 and a US Amps Merlin MD-41 amplifiers. I am to the point now to where I want to run US Amps/Re Audio equipment anytime I can. I just love the quality and look of their products. The MD-42 will run the XXX 6.5s and the MD-41 to run the tweets.

Since my last post I have also gotten the XXX back that I sent to TeamPSI to have reconed to a D2. He did a great job and I would highly recommend him to do a recone if you need one. I also picked up three more 2005 RE XXX 12" D2s. I now have a total of 5 12" XXXs but I am planning on only using the four D2 ones wired to 1 ohm and ran off the Z1A. I also picked up a Kicker ZX1500.1 for a cheap deal so I may run the fifth one since they are a perfect match since the Kicker amp is rated at 1500x1 @ 2 ohms. This combo is for sale right now in the "For Sale" section of the forums if anyone is interested.

Since I decided to run four of the XXXs that meant that I had to get a new box and the old one has to go. I got a box from Vitveet that holds four twelves. It has two seperate chambers, each is 2.25 cubes per side so each sub will be seeing the recommended 1.1 cubes per after displacement. Since I got the new box the old one that Vitveet custom built for the Cadillac is now for sale. If you are interested in it, contact me via pm.

As some of you know, I had planned on putting the set of 22" rims & tires that came off my previous vehicle on the Deville but unfortunately they wouldn't fit. Well, last Saturday I was feeling like spending some money so I went and got some 22" Martin Brothers Sharktooth Rims and some Faulken Tires. I posted some pics of it on the forums and some people like it and some don't. I think its ****** and I guess thats all that matters.

Ok, so in the process of all this stuff going down a word came to my mind.. WALL. So now another forum member and I are going to build a wall in the Deville. Now I have never built a wall so I will be relying on this other member for all the knowledge and guidance to build this wall. Here is the plan... I am going to use the 4 12" D2 XXXs off the Z1A I have now at the top. In the center will be two D2 15" XXXs and at the bottom 2 D2 18" XXXs and then wire them down to one ohm and run off another Z1A. I know that this is quite an ambitious plan and may take some time for it to come together but once it does it will be murder. I have the funds its just a matter of finding the right deals at the right times and getting it all to come together.

Ok thats all for now. I will try and keep the log updated a little more frequently from now one. We are supposed to start going over the plans for the wall starting on Tuesday so once that starts I will update you all on the dimensions and the progress we are making.

Here are some new pics for everyone:

US Amps Merlin MD-41:

US Amps Merlin MD-42:

US Amps Merlins & RE Audio XXXs:

RE Audio 12" XXXs Side View:

Kicker ZX1500.1 & RE XXX D4 (for sale):

Box For Four 12"s:

22" Martin Brothers Sharktooth Rims & Faulken Tires:

Deville With Rims:

Center Emblem on Rims:

Cadillac Logo Valve Stem Covers:

My Feedback Thread:

References: hazardous0388, GroundPound4200, RC10Mike, BonesNinja, Bones22, PsychoTheRapist, Vitveet, DisturbedKlownz, DD_Dave, havieri23, DavidTemple, Caligirl2k, Tyler_ofSpain, Spy, Dropped_Mazda, TeamPSI, Mobeious & Many, Many More..

lorideslo is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did those 2s fit w/ no lift and no rub? What size tires are those? And is she sittin high? I want 2s, but I wanna squat on em....not into ridin high

visitor is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aww dang well, this build went the opposite way of what i like at any rate it is your car and i wish you luck. ill still be watching

JEXTEL is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice bro..looks like your really making your dreams happen i hope to have mine starting really soon..

and is that box sealed?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3042878
    HEADUNIT 9311ts | Pioneer AVIC F-90BT
    FRONT STAGE Rockford P400.4 and T4004 | 2 Audiopipe Super Tweeters | 2 Dayton 5's |4 Kicker ks13 Tweeters | 10 Selenium 6.5's
    THE BASS 2 FI BTL 18's | PG 8V Line Driver | Clarion 7 Band EQ | 2 GP3000d's @ .5ohm | Xquizite Konceptz wall @ 32hz
    ELECTICAL DC 315A 16v alt | 4 Runs of Knu 1/0 | 4 HC16v's| 1 HC2000 upfront
    "GET LOUD OR DIE TRYIN"
    only the loudest will survive.
    2009 Season 140-149.9 Bassrace Class
    2010 Season 150-159.9 Bassrace Class
    Team Deadly Hertz
    Team DC Power
    Maxima MLA Module FOR SALE cheap

snoopysnooper is offline german engineering= fail

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fawking hot man! haha
    holy ish that car is nice, lol

2006 dodge caravan
    2 15" tc sounds/tantric hybrid subs
    10 cubes at 28 hz
    massive p3k and 2 runs of 1/0 ga with a juice box black cherry battery

refs: JaredSPL, oxsign (x2), SPY (x6 or 7), TheDukey42, SundownAudioNY, fearof85, donpisto, 97cavy, dylan1234, DBhittin, woofercooker, hemi= 22s, SMD4life, rumbleee2, ravens9322, terra, bryce-man and countless more
    100% on ebay, and hundreds of craigslist transactions

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have bass again.. but thats it for tonight! I got the four 2005 RE XXX 12"s installed tonight at around 9:30. I didn't have a chance to hook up the the other amps because it got dark on me so I all have at the moment is bass. Thats all we really need anyways right? I took him out for a little test drive when I was finished and it is definitely louder than before. I will try and get it metered this weekend to see where I am at for now.

I took a couple pics but it was already dark so the flash makes the pictures a little off. It looks good for now and I will get the other amps in and the install cleaned up a little tomorrow if I have time. The subs and box in the trunk also lowered the backend down a little bit so I'm glad it was a little high to begin with. I will get more pictures and stuff tomorrow.

Here are a couple pics for now..

My Feedback Thread:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSmith502 View Post
    OK, its been a while since my last post so its time for a major update to the build log. I haven't gotten a lot done lately because I have been waiting on subs, boxes, amps and various other stuff.

Ok first off the Rockford Power 1000 and Power T3002 are gone and have now been replaced by US Amps Merlin MD-42 and a US Amps Merlin MD-41 amplifiers. I am to the point now to where I want to run US Amps/Re Audio equipment anytime I can. I just love the quality and look of their products. The MD-42 will run the XXX 6.5s and the MD-41 to run the tweets.

Since my last post I have also gotten the XXX back that I sent to TeamPSI to have reconed to a D2. He did a great job and I would highly recommend him to do a recone if you need one. I also picked up three more 2005 RE XXX 12" D2s. I now have a total of 5 12" XXXs but I am planning on only using the four D2 ones wired to 1 ohm and ran off the Z1A. I also picked up a Kicker ZX1500.1 for a cheap deal so I may run the fifth one since they are a perfect match since the Kicker amp is rated at 1500x1 @ 2 ohms. This combo is for sale right now in the "For Sale" section of the forums if anyone is interested.

Since I decided to run four of the XXXs that meant that I had to get a new box and the old one has to go. I got a box from Vitveet that holds four twelves. It has two seperate chambers, each is 2.25 cubes per side so each sub will be seeing the recommended 1.1 cubes per after displacement. Since I got the new box the old one that Vitveet custom built for the Cadillac is now for sale. If you are interested in it, contact me via pm.

As some of you know, I had planned on putting the set of 22" rims & tires that came off my previous vehicle on the Deville but unfortunately they wouldn't fit. Well, last Saturday I was feeling like spending some money so I went and got some 22" Martin Brothers Sharktooth Rims and some Faulken Tires. I posted some pics of it on the forums and some people like it and some don't. I think its ****** and I guess thats all that matters.

Ok, so in the process of all this stuff going down a word came to my mind.. WALL. So now another forum member and I are going to build a wall in the Deville. Now I have never built a wall so I will be relying on this other member for all the knowledge and guidance to build this wall. Here is the plan... I am going to use the 4 12" D2 XXXs off the Z1A I have now at the top. In the center will be two D2 15" XXXs and at the bottom 2 D2 18" XXXs and then wire them down to one ohm and run off another Z1A. I know that this is quite an ambitious plan and may take some time for it to come together but once it does it will be murder. I have the funds its just a matter of finding the right deals at the right times and getting it all to come together.

Ok thats all for now. I will try and keep the log updated a little more frequently from now one. We are supposed to start going over the plans for the wall starting on Tuesday so once that starts I will update you all on the dimensions and the progress we are making.

Here are some new pics for everyone:

US Amps Merlin MD-41:

US Amps Merlin MD-42:

US Amps Merlins & RE Audio XXXs:

RE Audio 12" XXXs Side View:

Kicker ZX1500.1 & RE XXX D4 (for sale):

Box For Four 12"s:

22" Martin Brothers Sharktooth Rims & Faulken Tires:

Deville With Rims:

Center Emblem on Rims:

Cadillac Logo Valve Stem Covers:

Did those 2s fit w/ no lift and no rub? What size tires are those? And is she sittin higher w/ 2s than w/ the stock rims? I wanna squat on 2s...not into ridin high..

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lorideslo View Post
    Did those 2s fit w/ no lift and no rub? What size tires are those? And is she sittin high? I want 2s, but I wanna squat on em....not into ridin high
    No man, we had to put some spring spacers in there to get them to fit. I had the back lifted a little more than neccesary at first because I knew the subs and stuff would weigh it back down some. I am going to have the front lowered back down as much as I can when I have time. As far as tire size, really small. I will find out for you next time I'm out there. I also got some black cailiper paint so I can get all that taken care of in the next couple of days as well. Thanks again man!

My Feedback Thread:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks man...I love ur car....she comin along nicely....

J31Rob is offline CarTune Netwerk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

couple things to say:

1. wow. that's a lot of seXXX's. good year too.
    2. very VERY nice install, very professional.
    3. i love your "tool on deck" vinyl. LMFAO.

gotta let 'em know, they try to jack.. TOOL ON DECK.

the FUNK / facebook.com/The.Funk.765
    CarTune Netwerk / facebook.com/cartune.netwerk0

Alpine / Sundown Audio / Sound Solutions Audio
    Audio Technix / CT Sounds / Execution Audio

delvryboy is offline Save the Savage!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the rims. I went old school on my '91.... vogue's ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by Forrest Gump View Post
    I heard he's taking pilot lessons so he can fly airforce 1 into the pentagon
    Team PhatHertZ
    Team Kicker
    Team Powermaster

2005 MECA SR2 World Record Holder
    2005 MMOM/2006 MECA SPL Spirit Award
    '03/'04/'05/'06/'07 MECA State Champion/Record Holder/World Finals Top 5

Opti 200.2 + SX18 = 150+db
    Refs: Polecat, TeamPSI, TheLow, Tommyk90, TypeRbass, skitzafit, skmfkr, steinkea, slapmaster, Kenny Pollock, iagrdshaka, billabongcr, rtillaree, R-sosa, ngsm13, 15nissen, casper97ta, tuck05, Safe_Cracker, pioneerpimp, PurposeSoap, Basic1906, Bender-Offender, StateProp486, Loud01Blazer, civicman07, jco1385, bur1196, clbolt, gymfreak101, jesuspunk25
    Heatware = delvryboy

J31Rob is offline CarTune Netwerk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by delvryboy View Post
    I like the rims. I went old school on my '91.... vogue's ftw.
    i'd much rather see spokes.. but eh, they look good up close, not so much far away. IMHO.

not doggin'. just an opinion.

the FUNK / facebook.com/The.Funk.765
    CarTune Netwerk / facebook.com/cartune.netwerk0

Alpine / Sundown Audio / Sound Solutions Audio
    Audio Technix / CT Sounds / Execution Audio

delvryboy is offline Save the Savage!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

btw - didn't read the whole thread. Did you get rid of that sheet metal behind the rear seat?

Quote Originally Posted by Forrest Gump View Post
    I heard he's taking pilot lessons so he can fly airforce 1 into the pentagon
    Team PhatHertZ
    Team Kicker
    Team Powermaster

2005 MECA SR2 World Record Holder
    2005 MMOM/2006 MECA SPL Spirit Award
    '03/'04/'05/'06/'07 MECA State Champion/Record Holder/World Finals Top 5

Opti 200.2 + SX18 = 150+db
    Refs: Polecat, TeamPSI, TheLow, Tommyk90, TypeRbass, skitzafit, skmfkr, steinkea, slapmaster, Kenny Pollock, iagrdshaka, billabongcr, rtillaree, R-sosa, ngsm13, 15nissen, casper97ta, tuck05, Safe_Cracker, pioneerpimp, PurposeSoap, Basic1906, Bender-Offender, StateProp486, Loud01Blazer, civicman07, jco1385, bur1196, clbolt, gymfreak101, jesuspunk25
    Heatware = delvryboy

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by J31Rob View Post
    couple things to say:

1. wow. that's a lot of seXXX's. good year too.
    2. very VERY nice install, very professional.
    3. i love your "tool on deck" vinyl. LMFAO.

gotta let 'em know, they try to jack.. TOOL ON DECK.
    Thanks for the comments man. Yeah, I garuantee if any one ever tries to get me, it ain't going to be easy. Glock Nine under the seat for when I'm riding and at the house I have plenty of options.

Quote Originally Posted by delvryboy View Post
    btw - didn't read the whole thread. Did you get rid of that sheet metal behind the rear seat?
    No man, I actually used it to bolt the Z1A to. I don't have any speakers in the rear deck so there are some holes for air to move through. I am building a custom baffle for the rear so I may actualy just cut the rear deck completely out but I have yet to decide.

My Feedback Thread:

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast