Closed Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Reload Thread: 1991 Cadillac DeVille Build - RE, DD, RF, Second Skin, ect.

rdaudioman1256 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 1991 Cadillac DeVille Build - RE, DD, RF, Second Skin, ect.

Excellent build!!! Can't wait to see the rest!

SYSTEM

Sub(s) - 4 RE8's
    Amp(s) - 2 Bazooka BA1300's

SOLD TO:
    cheapo, teamsolo, Jason19, hunterw, peg17
    BOUGHT FROM:
    xpanterax, RE_XXX, maldecido33, brmcm15, slammed
    TRADED TO:
    hemi=22s, quis1

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSmith502 View Post

By the way, ain't she ****!?

No.

Kidding She is Hot....I'd hit it......With my car..

na_rsx is offline Incriminator Audio FTW

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anybody Killa View Post
    No.

2005 Acura RSX-S

Headunit: JVC KD-AR8500
    Front Stage: Vifa & Mpyre 65M *ACTIVE*
    System Amp: MB Quart DSC4125
    Wiring: Kicker Hyperflex
    Deadening: Edead SE2 and V3

Refs:
    Bought from: mlstrass, archie, brchd, BigOso, bk12321, Ricky 616, IonSQL, SilverSPL, VIPER118, fived, jdiddy, Tacosys, ls2poweredgoat, SethPhillips, DB_DRAG_SPL, bjfish11, XaznKewLguy, Integra2468, Incriminator, bur1196, Goindef154, amartin_72
    Sold to: vitveet, aesoj, DejaWiz, jco1385, Lax916, iowaaurora, Zeuslicious, chrispizzitola, gkatmar, Racerx250, boltpride, zeed, Low_e_Red, xreymax, hrtbrk1, RKPsk8er, Anniku989, bradknob, andrios

hemi=22s is offline I Pop Bottles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anybody Killa View Post
    No.

thats ****ed up yo

FEEDBACK IN LINKS BELOW TOO BIG FOR SIG

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=323932

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showth...28#post4856428
    sold: goose, krisfnbz, dubb designs, 2000gator(x2), oxsign, aesoj, viveet(X2),
    mike437,flossinon24s,mxracer591,riffyb, bsean63(x2),nycking23,bryce-man,fastimes(x2),
    boltpride, r-sosa,fusion_freak,siacarman,kcdc30
    prodgod, toasted1,newageking,nmbr1spt,projectnutz(P),DeViOu SoNe,
    traded with: davet, teddyunited, rockmo, spikee, rdaudioman1256, SPY

tez4life is offline Premium Member tez4life is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hemi=22s View Post
    thats ****ed up yo

x2. That was really uncalled for......again in this thread.

SMH.

2004 Ford Crown Victoria

Alpine 9887 HU
    Stock 5x7 door speakers

System is a work in progress.

JoeSmith502 is offline Beware of Dog!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have sound!! I ended up getting the RE XXX 12"s, Z1A, Power 1000, H701, DVA-9860 and Sony TV up and running. I got a lot of stuff done since my last update so lets get into it shall we.

I got the box and subs installed with the help of some of my family members. I took three of us to lift the box and get it positioned correctly in the trunk. It looks really good because it slides all the way up against the Z1A on the back firewall. After getting the box in I started running wires for my Power 1000 and T3002 which will go in after I get the other XXX 6.5"s installed in the rear. I split one 1/0 power wire coming from the back bats and ran 1/0 to the Power 1000 and 4 gauge to the T3002.

The next thing I needed to do was wire up the Alpine DVA-9860 and the Sony TV for the dash. Since I don't have my new carpet in yet I threw together and center console just to house the DVD player and some switches until I can get a good one made. It looks pretty bad but it will do for now. I got all the wires ran and got my optical cables hooked into the H701. The TV was an easy install and only took a couple minutes.

So now I want to test and make sure everything is working before I turn on the sub amp. I turn on the DVD player with the volume all the way down and get the Xovers set on the H701 for the XXX Comps. I ended up using a 80hz HP and 2.8khz LP on the mids and 2.8khz HP and 20khz LP with all slopes set to 18. I popped in a test tone cd and set the gains on the Power 1000 with a DMM. With everything hooked up properly I popped in a cd and turned it up for the first time. It sounds nice and clear and gets loud but I still need to do a little tuning.

With everything else working it was time to turn on the Z1A and see what the XXXs could do. While I was installing the fuses in the holders I accidentally dropped one of the power wires and it hit the metal casing on my power antenna.. Bad news. There were sparks and smoke everywhere. I reached in and grabbed the wire and look down and I see a little fire going on the carpet in the trunk and my first thought was to get some water but that would have been really dumb so I just blew on it and thankfully it went out. Needless to say I unhooked the battery terminal until I was finished installing the fuses. With the Z1A wired up I went back to the head unit and turned on the subwooker. I started the Xovers on the H701 at 20hz HP and 80hz LP at 18. I turned the volume up about half way and everything came to life. The first song I played was A Milli by Lil Wayne and I was very impressed with the clarity of the bass notes and the comps sounded nice too. I tinkered around with the H701 for a while trying all kinds of different Xover settings and all the other stuff on it. I ended up using 28.5hz HP and 63hz LP on the subs for now and it sounds excellent.

With everything hooked up I wanted to check out the Dolby Digital 5.1 on the H701 so I went to Best Buy and got Nirvana Unplugged in New York to try. Although I don't have the rear speakers installed yet I could defintely tell a difference in sound quality and imaging. The Sony screen looks really good in day or night so I am happy with that also. I can't wait to get the rear speakers installed and I might even do a center channel if I can find a spot for it.

At this point I am pretty happy with the install. The subs get really loud and sound great doing it. Hopefully soon I can get metered on the TL and let you guys know what shes doing. I still have lots of work to do but its nice to be able to listen to some music again. Check back for more updates soon!

On to the pics:

RE XXX 12"s and Power 1000 Installed:

Alpine H701 Installed:

Alpine DVA-9860:

Sony Screen:

300 Amp Alternator Installed:

My Feedback Thread:
    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=338915

References: hazardous0388, GroundPound4200, RC10Mike, BonesNinja, Bones22, PsychoTheRapist, Vitveet, DisturbedKlownz, DD_Dave, havieri23, DavidTemple, Caligirl2k, Tyler_ofSpain, Spy, Dropped_Mazda, TeamPSI, Mobeious & Many, Many More..

1991 Cadillac Deville Build Log:
    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=319053
    Install includes RE, DD, US Amps, Second Skin, Alpine, ect.

TurdFergueson2 is offline Team D.O.A.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You should be damm proud of yourself man. This was a great build. I'm sure some caddi owners will look in on this and get a lot of help from this.

Sold to: Rc10Mike, Philpbak, pbnj123, WALKSUP, silvercookie, Sir Smoke Alot
    Bought from: Korn4life, chaunb3400, fasfocus, mlstrass, Bumpin Buick, wheeler8921, annarbor84

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron_B View Post
    I pulled into the trailer park at around 3 am bumping my sony xplod 12 on sony amp. **** SLAMS!!!!!! Anways, I pulled up and it got all the girls wet.....I guess im an uncle and a dad now
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron_B View Post
    Don't listen to all the haters, their shiz doesnt knock...EDIT: Ohh yea, and by the way....before you haters start mouthing, I got my SLAB from wall-mart....that ish doesnt bang it XPLODES. Yea..I run sony... Schoche -SP box with 4 inch PVC downfiring into pasenger wheel well. 5-6 inch streamers...

ssackett is offline Evo Audio

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Great build indeed!! Im sad i never got to hear both my XXX's together though... we need vids!! lol!

2011 Street A National Champion

Incriminator Audio Dealer
    CA Sundown Audio Dealer

jdc753 is offline Truck Brigade

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

looking good for sure. Car has come a long way since you started. I love seeing older cars get some love instead of being discarded. Should ride nice and be near silent inside (other than music) with all that Second Skin in there.

2005 F350 crew cab diesel 4x4
    -Work in Progress-
    HU: Alpine 9887 linked to 10.4" TS TruckPC
    Front Stage: Polk SR6500 Active
    Front Amp: Sundown Sax100.4
    Sub: Stereo Integrity Magnum V4 in the center console
    Sub amp: Sundown Saz-1500D

Refs: low_end, Relax, SSon22s, Johnson, tyroneshoes, twisztdpunisher, flakko, djhn9, KINGDELL91, amoffitt, Justin89T, 01 S 10, Mazzasec

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TurdFergueson2 View Post
    You should be damm proud of yourself man. This was a great build. I'm sure some caddi owners will look in on this and get a lot of help from this.
    Thanks alot man but the build is far from over. I'm still adding 2 6.5" RE XXX's for rear fill and RE SE 10" ran off the sub channel on the RF Power 1000 in the rear deck. I'm also adding new carpet, chrome rocker panels, 20" rims, rear view camera, Xbox 360 and I am going to redo the speaker panels in the doors with some navy blue crocodile print vinyl. Should look pretty clean when I'm finished I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by ssackett View Post
    Great build indeed!! Im sad i never got to hear both my XXX's together though... we need vids!! lol!
    Vids are coming shortly. There is a guy around town who has a term lab and he is going to meter it for me so I will get some vids of that and some flexing for you all.

Quote Originally Posted by jdc753 View Post
    looking good for sure. Car has come a long way since you started. I love seeing older cars get some love instead of being discarded. Should ride nice and be near silent inside (other than music) with all that Second Skin in there.
    Thanks man. It has been alot of work especially since I have done all the work by myself with a little help fom my wife. I wish I knew a couple people around here so I could get some help and input on some things but oh well. The sound on the interior is amazing. I had a track on my test tone disc that was called, "Digital Silence" for testing if you have any kind of whine or engine noise. With the volume all the way up I couldn't hear a thing. I am very happy with it this far and I really like the sound with the optical connections. I can really tell a difference between MP3's, CD and DVD audio. I guess I am going to have to start buying CD's again because the MP3's sound kinda bad and I can't find many DVD Audio discs. I can't wait to get the 5.1 totally finshed, should be pretty nice!

My Feedback Thread:

References: hazardous0388, GroundPound4200, RC10Mike, BonesNinja, Bones22, PsychoTheRapist, Vitveet, DisturbedKlownz, DD_Dave, havieri23, DavidTemple, Caligirl2k, Tyler_ofSpain, Spy, Dropped_Mazda, TeamPSI, Mobeious & Many, Many More..

Echo42987 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Loving the build...not a huge fan of the ride though. It's like a boat on cement...lol

hemi=22s is offline I Pop Bottles

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

very nice work, and u got a good wife who helps mines always like wtf u blowin money on dumb ****,

why not get the xxx dustcap for the other one??? just curious, nice work

FEEDBACK IN LINKS BELOW TOO BIG FOR SIG

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=323932

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showth...28#post4856428
    sold: goose, krisfnbz, dubb designs, 2000gator(x2), oxsign, aesoj, viveet(X2),
    mike437,flossinon24s,mxracer591,riffyb, bsean63(x2),nycking23,bryce-man,fastimes(x2),
    boltpride, r-sosa,fusion_freak,siacarman,kcdc30
    prodgod, toasted1,newageking,nmbr1spt,projectnutz(P),DeViOu SoNe,
    traded with: davet, teddyunited, rockmo, spikee, rdaudioman1256, SPY

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hemi=22s View Post
    very nice work, and u got a good wife who helps mines always like wtf u blowin money on dumb ****,

why not get the xxx dustcap for the other one??? just curious, nice work
    I was told that I can't get just the dust cap and RE doesn't send out recones with the XXX logo on them. So if I wanted to make them look the same I would have to recone the one with the logo and I don't want to recone it until something happens to it. I wish I could get the other one with a logo, it would look better.

My Feedback Thread:

14. 07-17-2008

Banned

Reason
    <3333

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 02parkave View Post
    to each his own, right> me personally? im not a fan of your little crap *** acura.. its all in your taste
    X2

My Feedback Thread:

02parkave is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

any updates? love the build

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast