Closed Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Reload Thread: 1991 Cadillac DeVille Build - RE, DD, RF, Second Skin, ect.

JoeSmith502 is offline Beware of Dog!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 1991 Cadillac DeVille Build - RE, DD, RF, Second Skin, ect.

Quote Originally Posted by Cravingbass123 View Post
    ahhhhhh well since you asked, she's light years from ****.
    Everybody boo this man! BOO.. Was that completely necessary? Now when she reads this here feelings are going to be hurt. You could only wish for a girl as good as her. Thanks for the comment ****..

My Feedback Thread:
    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=338915

References: hazardous0388, GroundPound4200, RC10Mike, BonesNinja, Bones22, PsychoTheRapist, Vitveet, DisturbedKlownz, DD_Dave, havieri23, DavidTemple, Caligirl2k, Tyler_ofSpain, Spy, Dropped_Mazda, TeamPSI, Mobeious & Many, Many More..

1991 Cadillac Deville Build Log:
    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=319053
    Install includes RE, DD, US Amps, Second Skin, Alpine, ect.

Oldbass38 is offline I'm going deaf

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSmith502 View Post
    Everybody boo this man! BOO.. Was that completely necessary? Now when she reads this here feelings are going to be hurt. You could only wish for a girl as good as her. Thanks for the comment ****..
    X 2....As long as you love her, it don't matter what anybody else thinks....I'm celebrating my 3rd anniversary on July 2nd! Marriage is great for me, the 2nd time is a charm

BTW.....I'm loving your build.....I'm definitely gonna be checking back on the progress.

2000 Buick Park Avenue
    Kenwood KDC-X994
    4 Sundown SA 10's
    1 Sundown SAZ 3500D
    1 Sundown SAX 100.4

icpurplepplalot is offline I'm Old Greg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you look at his other posts, he is a **** and a jackass whom no one likes.

Your wife is lovely, and I am sure you guys look great together.

BTW, build is looking good man, props.

NO LINK SIGS!

The intelligence of the youth of today brought to you by civic si.
    Quote Originally Posted by civic si View Post
    u think u are a smart? u racism dawg....u talk like u hate asian....if i was there i beat the hell out of u
    refs.rcexplosion158(b), jj4475(t), tweet02(s), Xtremebass5(b), fawd06 (b x2), teamquakecelica(b), Cmccloud(t), lightningbolt44(b), lorilee8284(t), bumpincrv(s), shotokan_teen(s), Skip01(t), 528hz(b), 169db(s), Jameseypoo(b), spl140.2(b), Earthman(t), Team MAF (s x2), Team H&K(b), lincolntc690(s), cuseikan(s)

b=bought s=sold t=traded
    Plenty more on ebay under icpurplepplalot

miker is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Got amp?

**** that thing is big

Like the build, good work.

REFS:
    Sold to- Sky Deaner, Jeeper07, brazilianguy, bjl95mustang, Mr Wiggl3s, Ridinhi (x2), Pootie

Bought from- kurtdirt1, jmanpc, doingstuffwell

Traded with- DaGhost, Spooney

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, I didn't get as much done this weekend as I had hoped. It rained on me all day today after work today and Saturday I was lazy and din't get started until around 2pm. Since I got started so late I decided to just go ahead and do the Second Skin Luxury Liner Pro install on the firewall, floor and trunk. I think it turned out pretty good for being my first time ever even seeing the stuff. It was thicker and heavier than I thought it would be and went on pretty nice. When I was done I went for a quick drive and immeditely noticed a difference in road and engine noise. It will be nice to actually hear the difference once I get all the gear installed. Ok here are some pics of the Luxury Liner Pro and the install..

Luxury Liner Pro Rolls in Boxes:

Luxury Liner Pro Rolled Out:

Showing Thickness of LLP:

LLP Install in Progress:

LLP Floor & Firewall Complete:

Sidewall of Trunk in Progress:

Back Wall of Trunk in Progress:

After I finished installing all the stuff I went back over all the seems with metal backed tape per the install instructions. I forgot to take pics so I will next time I'm out. I'm still debating whether to buy more to do the back of the floor. You guys think I should or just leave it at that? More updates and pics soon..

My Feedback Thread:

References: hazardous0388, GroundPound4200, RC10Mike, BonesNinja, Bones22, PsychoTheRapist, Vitveet, DisturbedKlownz, DD_Dave, havieri23, DavidTemple, Caligirl2k, Tyler_ofSpain, Spy, Dropped_Mazda, TeamPSI, Mobeious & Many, Many More..

lorideslo is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

New to CA.com....but I'm lovin this build, keep it comin homie....I'm workin on my 90 coupe deville now...and I'm payin close attention to you and your build.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lorideslo View Post
    New to CA.com....but I'm lovin this build, keep it comin homie....I'm workin on my 90 coupe deville now...and I'm payin close attention to you and your build.
    Cool, if you need any help getting things apart or dimensions let me know.. thanks for the comment.

My Feedback Thread:

lorideslo is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cool, if you need any help getting things apart or dimensions let me know.. thanks for the comment.
    I do need some advice....I wanna let the bass in the cabin of my coupe(haven't started workin on the thump just yet tho)....but I don't wanna cut ports in the rear deck b/c I just upgraded it to suede...I'm thinkin of cuttin out the plastic frame that holds the center armrest in the back seat, leavin the hinges where I can still flip it up and down. Its pretty much gonna be a vent like port thru the center armrest in the back seat. What do you think tho?...
    Last edited by lorideslo; 06-23-2008 at 05:12 PM.

NewAgeKing is offline OG, still fly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nice man I had the same car, only a 90 in the grayish/blue. Wish i still had it, the trunk space was fantastic haha

Civic Hatch Soon To Be Walled.
    Under Construction.

Apollyon is offline The Destroyer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Your XXX grills will be shipped out this weekend

Daily Ride: 2002 Trailblazer LS
    Source: Clarion NX700 w/Backup Camera, Processor: JBL MS-8
    Front Stage: JBL 660GTi Comp. Set, Rear Stage: JBL C608GTi MKII Comp. Set
    Subs: JBL W10GTi MKII (2)
    Amps: JBL GTO1004, GTO14001
    Batteries: Kinetik HC1800 Front, HC1200 Rear
    Distribution: All Street Wires, Security: Zenesis
    Refs: The Mad Rabbit, gentlejax, dconder, foreman, ugs92,trevor87,Jordantyler, ksin291, masone, fastev, skylineTT

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lorideslo View Post
    I do need some advice....I wanna let the bass in the cabin of my coupe(haven't started workin on the thump just yet tho)....but I don't wanna cut ports in the rear deck b/c I just upgraded it to suede...I'm thinkin of cuttin out the plastic frame that holds the center armrest in the back seat, leavin the hinges where I can still flip it up and down. Its pretty much gonna be a vent like port thru the center armrest in the back seat. What do you think tho?...
    That sounds pretty good to me man.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollyon View Post
    Your XXX grills will be shipped out this weekend
    Thanks alot! I can't wait to get them and get them installed. I think it will look much better.

My Feedback Thread:

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, I have gotten alot of stuff done since my last post and its time for an update. I'm hoping to have all the audio equipent up and running by next weekend.

Since I have two runs of 1/0 wire from the bat to trunk I decided to go ahead and upgrade my big three connections too. This wouldn't have been such a hard job if I didn't have to grind out the ring terminals so they would fit the battery terminals and grounding bolts. I ended up finding a really good spot to ground right by the battery so I redid that too. I know it looks pretty rough right now but I plan on upgrading battery terminals in the near future.

I also got the Alpine PXA-H701 wired and mounted on the side wall of the trunk. I will be using a Fosgate Power 1000 to run the RE XXX tweets and mids up front and the 10" RE SE that will be used as the theatre sub. I'm in the market for a Fosgate T3002 to run the rear 6.5" XXXs. I'm also debating on whether or not to add a center channel speaker but I'm not sure where I could put it.. I'm also going to have an Xbox 360 mounted in the glove compartment. I'm going to run optical from it to the H701 so I can watch movies and play games in 5.1.

I also got the 800 watt power inverter mounted in the trunk and the extension cords ran to the front. I got one extension cord with three outlets to install inside my center console to power the 360 and Ipod AirDock. I got the other extension cord to run to an electrical outlet that will also be installed in the center console. This way if I ever need to power anything, I have two outlets right there. Pics coming shortly..

I got both batteries in the trunk wired up also. There is one Optima Group 34 YT and a Stinger SP2150 back there. I ended up running two 1/0 cables for the ground that is connected where the spare tire usually sits. I think it makes a good ground because I didn't get any kind of resistance reading on the DMM. I have two of the Knukoncepts three 0/1 out battery terminals to connect to the amps. I wanted to check the voltages I was getting with my stock 140 amp alt both upfront and in the trunk. The front batteries were ready a solid 14.13 while in the back it dropped a little to 13.99. I have a new Quality Power Auto 300 amp max and 165 amps at idle alternator that I plan on installing later this week. Hopefully the upgrade will up the voltage a little.

Well, I think thats about it for now. Tomorrow its supposed to rain all day but if it doesn't I'm hoping to get some of the other stuff wired up. I think I am oing to build a rack for the Power 1000 also but I'm not sure yet. Check back soon for more updates..

The Big 3 with Double Runs:

Alpine PXA-H701 Processor Installed:

800 Watt Continuous Power Inverter:

Trunk Batteries Wired & Ready:

Voltage Up Front with 140 amp max Stock Alternator:

Voltage In Trunk with 140 amp Max Stock Alternator:

Qaulity Power Auto 300 Max 165 Idle Alternator:

My Feedback Thread:

brmcm15 is offline Oh lawdy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

lookin real nice. i wanna c it finished

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brmcm15 View Post
    lookin real nice. i wanna c it finished
    Me too.. hopefully not too much longer for the audio and stuff. After thats finished, its on to the interior and a couple of things for the exterior.

My Feedback Thread:

hrtbrk1 is offline 1ManWreckinCrew

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

sweet build man

If you ever dealt with me in the past...please post how our transation went here...-->http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5274098<--...i greatly appreciate your support

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast