Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: 2 Atomic APX 10s install

hazardous0388 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 Atomic APX 10s install

well i reconed the second apx 10 yesterday and decided to build the box today. i actually went and drove on the interstate to see how it sounded. the box is 4.25 cu ft after all displacements with two 4 inch aero ports. i do need to add more bracings to the top and bottom pieces though. i will be doing the added bracing tomorrow.

I have two braces in the box now. In the last pic it only shows one, but i have one right next to that brace going from the top to bottom.

refs: zeuslicious(Christian)x8---nomad40---shallowfu---adio---pioneerpimp---fiercetimbo17---hayden---BLD 25--flakko---R-sosa----denim---woc47----lilmaniac2(Chad Kevin motha ****in Hicks)----newtitan---IgnoreMe(George)---JBGabriel---BuddyChrist----KingRanch---assman---MitchZ---JoeSmith502---The Low x2---Fiery---dragnix---tapout -383---splguru---sq wat 4---PimpDaddyq---Mr_Imperial---AbsoluteAudio---KHARPS---Sotelomichael---dt053---cmobley---SomeDonnieDude---ax600---SQcrewcab--Zachfeen--Power-Fanatic07--t4r505--

"You almost had me? You never had your subs. Ask any bass racer. Any true bass racer. Its not about how much a piece of equipment costs. Its how you install it."

Wkbdkid is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 2 Atomic APX 10s install

Box looks good an all but doesnt seem like enough port area.

Refs: ToxicTuan, LivinLife, BigWill, Bushtree,Chaarlieee,80INCHES, SupaC,Rtillaree,Dalucifer, Dumple91, CRXBMPN, Shallowfu, Calikid, 90accordman, Zeuslicious, IonSQL, Quino, Slowbmw,Twisztdpunisher,
    themommyvan, MSW Danny, Theelfkeeper, Fusion FREAK, Bigtymer2306, keviNxL, WooferCooker, Team H & K, Luv2Shroom

dman4486 is offline Paid to Post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wkbdkid View Post
    I don't understand this arguement, people said the same thing about my setup, but I have no issues with my enclosure!!! It sounds amazing

Auto: 96 honda passport 3.2L v6 4X4 5sp
    Big 3 pics--THE MAV--THE RSD's--MY VLX
    Rices Creek Pics

Refs: Sold to; lilmaniac2, alexdbest2000, jshak07 Bought from; CJL

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wkbdkid View Post
    thats what i was thinking before i built the box. i talked to jeff brown (dtbrown) on this forum about it prior to construction, and he said two full length 4 inch aero ports would do good for daily. So I tried it, and it does get really low and sounds good until I turn it up pretty loud and i hear the box flex.

refs: zeuslicious(Christian)x8---nomad40---shallowfu---adio---pioneerpimp---fiercetimbo17---hayden---BLD 25--flakko---R-sosa----denim---woc47----lilmaniac2(Chad Kevin motha ****in Hicks)----newtitan---IgnoreMe(George)---JBGabriel---BuddyChrist----KingRanch---assman---MitchZ---JoeSmith502---The Low x2---Fiery---dragnix---tapout -383---splguru---sq wat 4---PimpDaddyq---Mr_Imperial---AbsoluteAudio---KHARPS---Sotelomichael---dt053---cmobley---SomeDonnieDude---ax600---SQcrewcab--Zachfeen--Power-Fanatic07--t4r505--

"You almost had me? You never had your subs. Ask any bass racer. Any true bass racer. Its not about how much a piece of equipment costs. Its how you install it."

pioneerpimp is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

u going to slamology? be cool to see a (kinda) local there besides me tommyK and Les competing

MACH5 AUDIO
    INCRIMINATOR AUDIO
    KICKER HYPERFLEX

149.9 @ 29hz
    125.5 drive by
    153.7 @ 37hz.

refs: lilmaniac2 x 12, IonSQL, FRITO x2, aaron7114, lax916, ibanender,, mark potts x3, blaze135, SPLchoice, j baby15, lmllopez, 2000gator,johnnybusa, mr bojangles, r sosa, little thumper, hazardous0388, Jason19, SundownAudioNY, jblandford x4, malic, boomin SPL, audioxtremes, jk32sho, revrider01, beerdrnkr, teamsubgopoofx10, amaduece, yeah toast (big transaction and met in person)...

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

oh **** i just noticed i made it over 2k posts!!!!!

Wkbdkid is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hazardous0388 View Post
    thats what i was thinking before i built the box. i talked to jeff brown (dtbrown) on this forum about it prior to construction, and he said two full length 4 inch aero ports would do good for daily. So I tried it, and it does get really low and sounds good until I turn it up pretty loud and i hear the box flex.
    as long as it sounds good then no worries. sweet lil subs.

Refs: ToxicTuan, LivinLife, BigWill, Bushtree,Chaarlieee,80INCHES, SupaC,Rtillaree,Dalucifer, Dumple91, CRXBMPN, Shallowfu, Calikid, 90accordman, Zeuslicious, IonSQL, Quino, Slowbmw,Twisztdpunisher,
    themommyvan, MSW Danny, Theelfkeeper, Fusion FREAK, Bigtymer2306, keviNxL, WooferCooker, Team H & K, Luv2Shroom

mjf
    mjf is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

thats a bit too large for 2 10s....

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pioneerpimp View Post
    u going to slamology? be cool to see a (kinda) local there besides me tommyK and Les competing
    i wish i could. i install at my local CC and a competitor that took this year off, named joe who was on team soundstream, tsunami, maxxsonics, who also has helped me alot with my install, already said he was going. it ***** because i really wanted to go...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mjf View Post
    thats a bit too large for 2 10s....
    not at all.....my 10's are in 4cuft

Rices Creek Pics

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

it is quite big...but i gotta add more bracing now anyways. so that will decrease the size which i didnt want to have to do in the first place.

mjf
    mjf is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dman4486 View Post
    not at all.....my 10's are in 4cuft
    also tuned that low, of course

if you understood how the sub functioned in a box that large at a higher tuning, its basically meant for 2 12"s, which would perform better.

Quote Originally Posted by hazardous0388 View Post
    it is quite big...but i gotta add more bracing now anyways. so that will decrease the size which i didnt want to have to do in the first place.
    yeah i figured, id be taking up atleast .5-1 cube of airspace myself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mjf View Post
    also tuned that low, of course

Rices Creek Pics

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

jeez i did my install today and locked my keys in my car....all in the sameee night...

MitchZ is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Vids plz!!
    Btw, Zx is gonna be fixed soon

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast