Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nitrous Injected Mustang GT BTL build log

I guess Ill throw together a build log for my 95 mustang. Its had a couple different setups, some in the trunk and even got bored one day and decided to wall it off... lol

I really dont have a huge amount of creativity so any input would be great. Anyway for equipment I am running a single 12" fully loaded BTL, off a planet audio 2250D one of the older ones. ummm a Kenwood headunit with the usb plugin. A ****** amp to run the front speakers (trying to give them around 100 rms or so a piece) and some ****** speakers in the front. lol I was on parts express and ran into PYLE PRO SOUND DRIVERS WWWOOOOOHOOOO and picked em up for 13 bucks a piece figured why not. They get loud which is what I wanted, and handle alot of power, and noone will see them, and I try my best not to let the secret out but for the price why not I would actually recommend them to budget minded people. Oh and some temporary alphasonik tweeters that I had lying around because I blew the mids to go with them.... oops.

yeah I know this thread just keeps getting worse. You walk in looking to find a nice mustang with nitrous and a loud system.... and you get pyle.

I am running a 250 amp load boss alternator which so far is doing really well. Some optima batteries and Knu wire and alot of audiopipe wiring acessories. I went cheap on sound deadener, Fatmat and so far I have no complaints but used 100 sq feet so far and I think im gonna order another 50 to go over some spots to hopefully make the car a little quieter on the highway.

As for the build I started off by deadening the trunk and wheel wells, floor and doors and quarter panels. One of my main goals was to try to quiet down the drone from the flowmaster exhaust that dumps under the car. I do wish I would have spent a little more on deadener but oh well. Heres the first pic. Dont mind the car it needs some paint.... but not as bad as the pics make it look. I have been cutting/building everything in the same garage as the car is in so its COVERED in mdf dust.

After deadening I threw together a frame for the false floor in the trunk. I also needed to make the floor a little bit taller to fit a battery in the spare tire area. I decided that I would try to be creative and put a plexiglass window in the trunk floor to "show off" some of the electronics. you can see parts of it in this next pic but its nowhere near completed. its just part of the frame of it, theres alot more to it, and I have only cut half of the floor. I got a little excited to see some progress.

and once again the window is just sitting there, it will be flush with the floor in the end.

Ummmm I think theres a limit as to how many pics I can post in one ummm post lol so I think Im gonna start another one... lol
    Last edited by hasa68mustang; 05-24-2008 at 02:48 AM.

Alpineforever is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Nitrous Injected Mustang GT BTL build log

Well... I'm not so big on the equpiment, but in the end if it makes you happy an you know whats what then it's all good. I like the craftsmanship tho, and the false floor is cool, who says you have no imagination. You should put some neon down there too... just kind of hidden so all you see is the glow... that would look really cool. Anyways goo luck, and I'd like to see how this turns out. Maybe you can change some peoples opinions about pyle, and boss, and alphasonik

hasa68mustang is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hmmm I guess I should mention something about the box size and tuning... its 2.6 cubes tuned to 40 hz. Its a little high for my liking, I tend to listen to alot of chopped and screwed stuff. The last box I had it in was tuned LOW I had it metered and the person that was doing it told me I peaked at 44 hz or something, I told him that it didnt sound right and when I was only doing an amazing 138 DB I knew something was wrong. I asked if I could screw around and play some stuff he said sure. so I went into the hard drive and tried some slowed down jeezy, which was something like 28 hz and the guy turned around and gave me a funny look and reset the meter, aparently I was really peaking at 27 hz. It ended up doing a 145.4 at the dash with the driver window down. So this time I am hoping to do alot higher of a number but it sounds like an 8" sub on that same slowed down song lol. That box was originally for a 15" sub and was around 6 cubes so its alot different now. wow Im rambling alot....

anyway heres a pic of a door with my amazingly cool pyle speakers....

and heres some pics of the btl next to a pepsi can and a 15" orion H2

sorry all the pics are from a camera phone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What was your last box tuned to???

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alpineforever View Post
    Well... I'm not so big on the equpiment, but in the end if it makes you happy an you know whats what then it's all good. I like the craftsmanship tho, and the false floor is cool, who says you have no imagination. You should put some neon down there too... just kind of hidden so all you see is the glow... that would look really cool. Anyways goo luck, and I'd like to see how this turns out. Maybe you can change some peoples opinions about pyle, and boss, and alphasonik
    lol as much as I dont like neons and blinky lights and stuff there are some red strobe lights that are going in the floor plexiglass thing, but hidden so you cant actually see them.... which doesnt sound right lol... Im sure you can figure it out. lol along with some fuse holders with voltage gauges and some crossovers or something im not 100% sure yet. I really dont like the equipment either. however so far everyone who heard the setup before I pulled it out and started rebuilding have been suprised at the off brand front speakers and how they sound and not all sounding really harsh or distorting... Same thing with the fat mat, so far its been on for a month in florida sun, and its a black car and no issues.

Heres the alternator and a little bit of the motor

and this is when I had started working on the wall

I still cant believe I did that.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What was your last box tuned to???
    lmao according to The RE audio box calculator it was tuned to 27 hz which just so happened to be what it peaked at and that was on a TL. The guy let me try a legal meca score I believe... the one at the headrest and again at 27 hz it did a 145.2 driver door wide open. When I designed the box it was late and I butchered the length of the port which was why it was so low.

And because of the size of the box and tuning it ****** at just about every hz above 32 or so. It basically it played low bass and absolutely nothing else.

Hmmmmmm I guess the nitrous bottle will be mounted on the right side of the trunk and I have another battery that will be mounted on the left out in the open or something. Im still not 100% sure how I want to finish everything. I will probably just carpet it all or something....

Heres a couple pics of the car, it has different rims on it now, in the pic from the track, I threw my slicks on it.

The front rims are whats on it now, the fronts are 9 inches wide the rears are 10.5
    Last edited by hasa68mustang; 05-24-2008 at 03:04 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was just curiou because That just seemed like it was small and high for a BTL, but I can't really knock it since I've never heard a BTL tuned like that, hope it goes well, and i totally understand what u mean about hidden strobes... thats how me and my friends talk too, so it makes perfect sense to me. This'll be a lot cleaner than my install, I just have **** laying around until I get around to making racks for my other amp and my crossover... lol, vids of it raping a 40 HZ tone when u finish... **** sounds painful

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was just curiou because That just seemed like it was small and high for a BTL, but I can't really knock it since I've never heard a BTL tuned like that, hope it goes well, and i totally understand what u mean about hidden strobes... thats how me and my friends talk too, so it makes perfect sense to me. This'll be a lot cleaner than my install, I just have **** laying around until I get around to making racks for my other amp and my crossover... lol, vids of it raping a 40 HZ tone when u finish... **** sounds painful
    I have only heard one other car with a btl, it wasnt actually a car it was an expedition I believe and it didnt have a BTL it had 4 18" btls.... lol it was tuned low too. I pretty much followed what was recommended by FI as far as the box goes, port area and size, I just aimed a little high for tuning, I may try a slightly larger boxin the future... or maybe tune this one lower a bit.

40 hz really isnt all that impressive, I liked playing the 27 hz stuff and shaking the hell out of ****. flex for a single 12 was nuts! One of my managers at work said it sounded like a helicopter was outside with the way it sounded. Im going to bed now gotta work on it tomorrow.

Ignatowski is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    104 Post(s)

not bad,as a mustang owner I cant place 200 lbs or more of car audio in the trunk because it
    will deteriorate the cars balence and handeling.......

bigbangtheory is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

Looks like it is coming along and wootz for another person not having bad luck with the fatmat. I also use that mixed with my expensive SS product, lol! Going to put that on the doors here in the next month, so with that said. Does it help on the doors for your midbass? I imagine with the Plye mids it must be helping them sound better. I have the PG Rsd's and don't have much midbass, so going to deaden my doors, which I was going to do anyway, just being lazy, lol! Anyway, did you run those before with out deadener and could you tell a difference?

Nice car, nice setup, although not sure either if I would put all that weight in my car I take to the track from time to time.

Refs~Max Power(ST), bnevets27(ST), 99oldsintrigue(ST), matrxx dude(BF), Ficaraudio(BF), Zachzchw(BF), tigerf117(ST), 5.7TBI(BF), DBfan187(ST), Joesph M(ST), 97gp(ST), Cornbreadxd(ST), SlappinX(ST), nycspudz03(ST), bl0ckd(BF), Sctattooer(ST), hitman34608(ST), Wackdogg(ST), ggk(ST), 03F150MrSBF(STx2), Dye4metal(ST), Mikey7182(BF), Wu501(BF), Twisted_0912(BF), Crunklech(BF), psychoacoustics(BF), Tyler Chavez(ST), GTO Dave(ST), Thisistiny(ST), DarkScorpin(BF), davidtemple(BF), BassaddictJ(BF), Geoff_off_me(BF), Dragnix(BF)

BF=Bought from
    ST=Sold too

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My original plans were to make something I could take out whenever I needed to but that makes things difficult and the car is my DD. I also have a dedicated weekend/track car, its a Turboed 68 mustang that Ive owned since I was 12.

As for the midbass question they do sell some pyle pro speakers specifically for midbass, where mine are classified as midrange and they really dont have much. lol but so far they sound the best out of any speaker I have had in there. I dont think they are bad for a 5 inch speaker.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This morning I did some more work on the floor and finished the top of the floor... well I cut it all out, its still not permanant. I got half of it cut out for the plexiglass enclosure. I took some more pics of the floor frame and a picture of my new jigsaw that I picked up. I used to have a cheap black and decker bright *** orange one, and it finally took a crap on me so I went to home depot and picked up this dewalt that was on clearance. It really doesnt have alot of fancy features however it feels solid and the blade doesnt tilt when cutting and over all I would recommend it. heres a pic of that:

and the frame of the floor.

and ummm the floor nothing is screwed or glued at this point.

heres the enclosure, Im still not sure on how I am going to position everything or even whats going in there.

Mesto is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

looks good so far.

subs

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This morning I got the other half of the cloor cut out for the window thing and temporarily mounted the enclosure. its full of sawdust and stuff so its really not much to look at but when I finally got it in the floor on its own I stood back and it made me smile... lol

heres some pics:

The enclosure is in and the fuse holders are sitting on top. It looks like there are a bunch or really ****** cuts or something but its a bunch of stray marks from my marker

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This is pretty much what its going to look like when its done. Im still not sure what Im going to cover everything with.

anyone have any ideas or comments or anything? I have no idea what I want to do... lol

and by comments I mean other than the equipment. I know. I would have chosen something else too. lol

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

User Tag List