Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 63

Reload Thread: Box build for Ravens9322

  1. #46
    snfsh79077's Avatar
    snfsh79077 is offline Ladie's like my pole



    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    bay st. louis/baton rouge
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,297
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Box build for Ravens9322

    well you said you were taking out or folding down the rear seat right? If so that box should fit without plastics out if slid forward a little...interesting design though. How many cuft?



    HU: Kenwood KDC-X993
    Front stage: (2x) Shok CB 6.5
    Comp amp: Crescendo 1000c4
    Sub stage: (2) AQ HDC3 10s in 2.3 cuft @ 38hz
    sub amp: Crescendo 3kw
    Electrical: Mike Singer 250a alt w/ext regulator, D3100, NSB100, D680, 50ft of shok cca
    149.5 @ 39hz and climbing...


    Plenty of refs between here and caco....




  2. #47
    Goindef154's Avatar
    Goindef154 is offline Nothing



    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,256
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)

    Re: Box build for Ravens9322

    Nice lookin box.



    Official Shok Dealer
    Car: 2001 Chevy Silverado LS
    Deck: Pioneer 750MP
    Subs: 2 Shok FLO-1k 10's
    Mids: Shok Components
    Amps: Shok II and Shok 100x4

    Feedback: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/250172-goindef154.html

  3. #48
    dcole18's Avatar
    dcole18 is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    knoxville/the Burro, TN
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,169
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Box build for Ravens9322

    Quote Originally Posted by SPY View Post
    Yea, I def need to work on the paint skills, the port came out the best because there was no wind when I did the port but when I did the box the wind was blowing the primer away even with the can like 3" away from the box.

    I wish I had a garage


    That's a nice looking box BTW
    i did all that painting outside... just takes lots of practice

    thanks for the compliment tho, urs dosent look half bad either

    Quote Originally Posted by 05F150SuperCrew
    that looks good, i'm thinkin about painting half the box i'm going to make. you use a high build primer then sand or just a couple coats of primer and paint?
    high build primer will work even better, all the paint used on that box was the $0.96 a can stuff from walmart




  4. #49
    ravens9322's Avatar
    ravens9322 is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Lancaster, PA
    Posts
    1,792
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Box build for Ravens9322

    Quote Originally Posted by snfsh79077 View Post
    well you said you were taking out or folding down the rear seat right? If so that box should fit without plastics out if slid forward a little...interesting design though. How many cuft?
    Well i am taking the back seats out sometime but for now i just want it in the hatch, but i got it to fit, so all is good and well





    Refs:
    Josh#44 / Trancer / Starky / DYEV3RSI7Y69 / FoxPro5 / -Chaos- / LanceDogg / AndonD454 / aeronautica86 / dcmcki / skibum12189 / bball09124 / CesF2006 / dumple / TheLow / IloveBASS / darqnez / CKYSKATER733 / grimreper912003 / rollerdj / 18inchjeepin / dah_hunter / snfsh79077 / Nova76 / Kdot / valant_94gt / Basic1906 / Snoopysnooper / ARMed&Bangin / SPY / Boltpride / tc3k101 / CRXBMPN

  5. #50
    snfsh79077's Avatar
    snfsh79077 is offline Ladie's like my pole



    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    bay st. louis/baton rouge
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,297
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Box build for Ravens9322

    sweet well I cant wait to see some vids with the sx's. Im going to get pics and vids of the install I did in my freinds tiburon next week.



    HU: Kenwood KDC-X993
    Front stage: (2x) Shok CB 6.5
    Comp amp: Crescendo 1000c4
    Sub stage: (2) AQ HDC3 10s in 2.3 cuft @ 38hz
    sub amp: Crescendo 3kw
    Electrical: Mike Singer 250a alt w/ext regulator, D3100, NSB100, D680, 50ft of shok cca
    149.5 @ 39hz and climbing...


    Plenty of refs between here and caco....

  6. #51
    SPY's Avatar
    SPY
    SPY is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    5,222
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Box build for Ravens9322

    Quote Originally Posted by ravens9322 View Post
    Well i am taking the back seats out sometime but for now i just want it in the hatch, but i got it to fit, so all is good and well
    How about some pics with the subs?




  7. #52
    ravens9322's Avatar
    ravens9322 is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Lancaster, PA
    Posts
    1,792
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Box build for Ravens9322

    well i only have one sx right now and im in the process of getting another cuz i got my goverment money.....yay

    And i just bought a brand new 880prs last night so thats on the way





    Refs:
    Josh#44 / Trancer / Starky / DYEV3RSI7Y69 / FoxPro5 / -Chaos- / LanceDogg / AndonD454 / aeronautica86 / dcmcki / skibum12189 / bball09124 / CesF2006 / dumple / TheLow / IloveBASS / darqnez / CKYSKATER733 / grimreper912003 / rollerdj / 18inchjeepin / dah_hunter / snfsh79077 / Nova76 / Kdot / valant_94gt / Basic1906 / Snoopysnooper / ARMed&Bangin / SPY / Boltpride / tc3k101 / CRXBMPN

  8. #53
    2003BlackShark's Avatar
    2003BlackShark is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Edgewood Md
    Posts
    159
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Box build for Ravens9322

    hey ravens next time you come down to maryland man hit me up so we can chill and bs for a while




    Big 3 done Optima Blue Top in front and rear
    Mechman 250amp Alt soon i hope

    Headunit - Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD

    Fronts - Kenwood 6.5

    Rears - Pioneer 6x9

    Mids/Highs Amp- Kicker Kx250.2

    Subs - HDC3 15" in 4.7ft^3 ported box

    Sub AMP - Hifonics Brutus BXI 1608

  9. #54
    ravens9322's Avatar
    ravens9322 is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Lancaster, PA
    Posts
    1,792
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Box build for Ravens9322

    Sounds good dude^^^^ maybe in a month or so





    Refs:
    Josh#44 / Trancer / Starky / DYEV3RSI7Y69 / FoxPro5 / -Chaos- / LanceDogg / AndonD454 / aeronautica86 / dcmcki / skibum12189 / bball09124 / CesF2006 / dumple / TheLow / IloveBASS / darqnez / CKYSKATER733 / grimreper912003 / rollerdj / 18inchjeepin / dah_hunter / snfsh79077 / Nova76 / Kdot / valant_94gt / Basic1906 / Snoopysnooper / ARMed&Bangin / SPY / Boltpride / tc3k101 / CRXBMPN

  10. #55
    nycking23's Avatar
    nycking23 is offline Member



    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    33
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Box build for Ravens9322

    nice box

    hey dcole, thats my box




  11. #56
    dcole18's Avatar
    dcole18 is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    knoxville/the Burro, TN
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,169
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Box build for Ravens9322

    Quote Originally Posted by nycking23 View Post
    nice box

    hey dcole, thats my box
    haha... that it is


    did you ever get everything installed?




  12. #57
    nycking23's Avatar
    nycking23 is offline Member



    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    33
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Box build for Ravens9322

    not yet, still havent picked up an amp for it

    although i did test fit the box and its so f*cking tight i need another person to help me get it in the car, there is absolutely no room to spare




  13. #58
    PV Audio's Avatar
    PV Audio is offline The Vision of Sound



    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Indy
    Age
    25
    Posts
    19,655
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Box build for Ravens9322

    Enclosure looks great, paintjob looks like ****. If you're offended by that, don't be, because I've painted some of the most hideous looking **** ever, so take my advice on painting (I'll have pics tomorrow once I clearcoat my rear channels). There are 4 main steps to a good paintjob, plus the secret detail;

    1. Sand the enclosure four times: 60 grit, 150 grit, 220 grit, 320 grit. This helps to knock down almost all the imperfections and helps seal up the end grain a little bit.

    2. Seal the enclosure using a sealant of your choice, whether it be shellac, glue-wash, fiberglass or sanding sealer. Make sure you spend good time on this step, and sand in between each coat after the first two. Go to increasing grits from 320 up to 400.

    3. Bondo all edges, joints, screw holes and flaws. Make sure and be very thorough when doing this, because endgrain can swell when sealing and shows very easily. Most likely the most frustrating thing ever. Make sure you sand down the bondo first with 220 grit, then 320. Should repeat twice to remove pin holes after the first go around.

    4. Prime using automotive primer or other fast drying primer. Two coats, one on top of the other, very thin. That's the key to successful painting, getting a GLASS smooth primer base that is thick enough to dry sand with 320 to remove most imperfections. Dry sand the first two coats with 320, apply another coat and wet sand with 600, then another coat and wetsand with 800 or 1500. Enclosure should literally feel like glass.

    From there, use the top coat of your choice, but keep in mind to do steady, even strokes and do many thin coats instead of few thick coats. You get less runs and the finish looks more even in the end.

    The secret detail? It takes a lot of time to get a paint finish looking good. Even if you spend hours, the smallest things show up and make you frustrated. Don't rush it, just keep going at it. You shouldn't be able to sand, seal, prime and paint an enclosure in the course of a day if you take your time, as it takes a few hours to be able to fully dry sand primer anyway.

    Keep up the good work.




  14. #59
    dcole18's Avatar
    dcole18 is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    knoxville/the Burro, TN
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,169
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Box build for Ravens9322

    Quote Originally Posted by PV Audio View Post
    Enclosure looks great, paintjob looks like ****. If you're offended by that, don't be, because I've painted some of the most hideous looking **** ever, so take my advice on painting (I'll have pics tomorrow once I clearcoat my rear channels). There are 4 main steps to a good paintjob, plus the secret detail;

    1. Sand the enclosure four times: 60 grit, 150 grit, 220 grit, 320 grit. This helps to knock down almost all the imperfections and helps seal up the end grain a little bit.

    2. Seal the enclosure using a sealant of your choice, whether it be shellac, glue-wash, fiberglass or sanding sealer. Make sure you spend good time on this step, and sand in between each coat after the first two. Go to increasing grits from 320 up to 400.

    3. Bondo all edges, joints, screw holes and flaws. Make sure and be very thorough when doing this, because endgrain can swell when sealing and shows very easily. Most likely the most frustrating thing ever. Make sure you sand down the bondo first with 220 grit, then 320. Should repeat twice to remove pin holes after the first go around.

    4. Prime using automotive primer or other fast drying primer. Two coats, one on top of the other, very thin. That's the key to successful painting, getting a GLASS smooth primer base that is thick enough to dry sand with 320 to remove most imperfections. Dry sand the first two coats with 320, apply another coat and wet sand with 600, then another coat and wetsand with 800 or 1500. Enclosure should literally feel like glass.

    From there, use the top coat of your choice, but keep in mind to do steady, even strokes and do many thin coats instead of few thick coats. You get less runs and the finish looks more even in the end.

    The secret detail? It takes a lot of time to get a paint finish looking good. Even if you spend hours, the smallest things show up and make you frustrated. Don't rush it, just keep going at it. You shouldn't be able to sand, seal, prime and paint an enclosure in the course of a day if you take your time, as it takes a few hours to be able to fully dry sand primer anyway.

    Keep up the good work.

    X2... this is what i do when going for a "glass" finish but if you just want a decent looking job you can do without the sealer and whatnot (if your carefull)




  15. #60
    PV Audio's Avatar
    PV Audio is offline The Vision of Sound



    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Indy
    Age
    25
    Posts
    19,655
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Box build for Ravens9322

    You have to use **** ton of primer though, which ends up being more expensive than a 3 dollar can of shellac




Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum