Closed Thread

Reload Thread: 1965 Nova audio system

CPTT is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon32 1965 Nova audio system

Currently I am in Iraq serving a 15 month deployment. I've been buying a few components here and there trying to put together an audio system for my 65 Chevrolet Nova. I am going for a system with clear crisp sound, but don't need tons of volume. I want to be able to hear every bit of my music. Also, the car is a classic and I don't want to have a lot of visible audio equipment in the interior. This is what I have so far.

Pioneer P600UB head unit- glove box
    MTX thunderlink 10" Sub with internal 100W amp
    MB Quart RAB 450 4-channel amp (4 X 50w @ 4, 4 X 80w RMS @ 2)
    MB Quart RVF 269 (6X9 2-way Reference component system) stealth mounted in package tray.

I chose the RAB 450 amp so that I could mount it under my front passenger seat. It is the smallest 4-channel amp that I know of (only 8" X 8")

For the front speakers I will either get a set of the MB quart Premium 6.5" components or the 6.5 Refrence.

Is there any effect on sound quality when running an amplifier at 2 ohms rather than 4 ohms and would it be recommended to do so to run component speakers?
    Sorry for my ignorance.
    Any comments would be appriciated.

memphisman is offline SLASH N' BURN

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 1965 Nova audio system

Sounds nice man!!! Nice car choice too!!! As far as the ohm level, it all depends on the coil configuration your sub has. Also thank you for serving our country so that we can keep our independence and freedom!!!!

2001 DODGE RAM QUAD CAB
    2 Kicker CVX 15's
    2 Memphis PR 1000d's

1994 Honda Civic Ex
    H22a swap
    Cai
    4-2-1 Header
    SOon to have 2 ssa icon12's

I FEEL SO ALONE GONNA END UP A BIG OLE PILE OF THEM BONES
    INTO THE FLOOD AGAIN, SAME OLE TRIP IT WAS BACK THEN, SO I MADE A BIG MISTAKE, TRIED TO SEE IT ONCE MY WAY

Closed Thread