Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 27 of 27

Reload Thread: HDC315 Vids*

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    saint charles, IL
    Age
    23
    Posts
    10,311
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: HDC315 Vids*

    very nice.. goodluck







  2. #17
    btdickey99's Avatar
    btdickey99 is offline I Hate the Tarheels



    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Burlington, NC
    Age
    27
    Posts
    6,626
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: HDC315 Vids*

    how d you like it OP?



    2000 Chevy Silverado 4x4


    REFS: texasound82, duece212, flipside1212, l7runner, oxsign, tapout, Busabob, NightDrifter05, GOOSE, GohillaAudio, jmanpc, fwb_1234, Fusion_Freak, arkadiy, LoggedOut, Kmanian, KyleBechtold, Beerdrnkr, R/T Pimp, Louie68, dropped_tb, audiobaun, Psychodrama, JBLCAMRY, yunvme666, Buckyboy, CRXBMPN, bpres9991, Worlddre, KCha, operationcougar, Vitveet, and many more...

  3. #18
    btdickey99's Avatar
    btdickey99 is offline I Hate the Tarheels



    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Burlington, NC
    Age
    27
    Posts
    6,626
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: HDC315 Vids*

    Quote Originally Posted by moorezy View Post
    Tomorrow Morning There Will Be Vids!
    I call LIAR....

    where are the new vidz?



    2000 Chevy Silverado 4x4


    REFS: texasound82, duece212, flipside1212, l7runner, oxsign, tapout, Busabob, NightDrifter05, GOOSE, GohillaAudio, jmanpc, fwb_1234, Fusion_Freak, arkadiy, LoggedOut, Kmanian, KyleBechtold, Beerdrnkr, R/T Pimp, Louie68, dropped_tb, audiobaun, Psychodrama, JBLCAMRY, yunvme666, Buckyboy, CRXBMPN, bpres9991, Worlddre, KCha, operationcougar, Vitveet, and many more...

  4. #19
    pd8731's Avatar
    pd8731 is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Marysville, MI
    Posts
    562
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: HDC315 Vids*

    Flatten all EQ settings, including any bass boosts. Set the low pass on the amp to 60 hz. Subsonic to the lowest it will go. Turn on any song with a constant, non variant bass note, "Jeezy The Snowman" will do. Turn the CD player to 4/5 total volume. Make sure gain is turned down all the way before all of this. Slowly crank the gain until it's the desired volume, stop turning the gain up when it stops getting louder. Of course be weary of clipping.

    One more thing, make sure you crank the gain EXTRA SLOW. If you start smelling anything burning, turn it down immediately.




  5. #20
    btdickey99's Avatar
    btdickey99 is offline I Hate the Tarheels



    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Burlington, NC
    Age
    27
    Posts
    6,626
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: HDC315 Vids*

    Quote Originally Posted by pd8731 View Post
    Flatten all EQ settings, including any bass boosts. Set the low pass on the amp to 60 hz. Subsonic to the lowest it will go. Turn on any song with a constant, non variant bass note, "Jeezy The Snowman" will do. Turn the CD player to 4/5 total volume. Make sure gain is turned down all the way before all of this. Slowly crank the gain until it's the desired volume, stop turning the gain up when it stops getting louder. Of course be weary of clipping.

    One more thing, make sure you crank the gain EXTRA SLOW. If you start smelling anything burning, turn it down immediately.
    or you could use a dmm and actually do it the correct way



    2000 Chevy Silverado 4x4


    REFS: texasound82, duece212, flipside1212, l7runner, oxsign, tapout, Busabob, NightDrifter05, GOOSE, GohillaAudio, jmanpc, fwb_1234, Fusion_Freak, arkadiy, LoggedOut, Kmanian, KyleBechtold, Beerdrnkr, R/T Pimp, Louie68, dropped_tb, audiobaun, Psychodrama, JBLCAMRY, yunvme666, Buckyboy, CRXBMPN, bpres9991, Worlddre, KCha, operationcougar, Vitveet, and many more...

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    saint charles, IL
    Age
    23
    Posts
    10,311
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: HDC315 Vids*

    Quote Originally Posted by btdickey99 View Post
    or you could use a dmm and actually do it the correct way
    x2 better to be safe than sorry




  7. #22
    btdickey99's Avatar
    btdickey99 is offline I Hate the Tarheels



    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Burlington, NC
    Age
    27
    Posts
    6,626
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: HDC315 Vids*

    Quote Originally Posted by brtnboarder3241 View Post
    x2 better to be safe than sorry
    I love n00bz that try to help out.....



    2000 Chevy Silverado 4x4


    REFS: texasound82, duece212, flipside1212, l7runner, oxsign, tapout, Busabob, NightDrifter05, GOOSE, GohillaAudio, jmanpc, fwb_1234, Fusion_Freak, arkadiy, LoggedOut, Kmanian, KyleBechtold, Beerdrnkr, R/T Pimp, Louie68, dropped_tb, audiobaun, Psychodrama, JBLCAMRY, yunvme666, Buckyboy, CRXBMPN, bpres9991, Worlddre, KCha, operationcougar, Vitveet, and many more...

  8. #23
    moorezy's Avatar
    moorezy is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    St. Catharines, ON, Canada
    Posts
    332
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: HDC315 Vids*

    Hey sorry i couldn't get the vidz i got lazy lol. I think i'm good though. Its install dependent as well.. I'm ridin a buick lesabre. Its built like a brick, compared to little civics and stuff. And i did try putting up all windows cept the one i was trying to get shirt to flex.. i didn't find it make any difference at all. it actually was better with all windows down. could be car ^^. Yea i have my volts set at 30 right now thats 1800 rms @ 0.5 ohm. A dude at local shop said set with a 40hz tone? would this make any difference?



    Infinity Kappa Perfect 10 VQ (2)
    Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1
    Infinity Kappa ONE
    Infinity Kappa FOUR
    Knu Flex 1/0
    Knu Klarity RCAs
    Pioneer AVH-4000DVD
    dB Electrical 200 amp alt
    2000 Lincoln LS V8

  9. #24
    pd8731's Avatar
    pd8731 is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Marysville, MI
    Posts
    562
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: HDC315 Vids*

    Quote Originally Posted by btdickey99 View Post
    or you could use a dmm and actually do it the correct way
    Uh yeah. Use a dmm. It's impossible to do. All music is ridiculously dynamic. Tones are not. If you set it to a tone, you're gonna be dissatisfied. I've set my gain before using a dmm, and I've done it using my ear. The latter was definitely more accurate.

    Using a DMM to set your gains for a daily driver is silly. Songs are recorded at different levels, the bass in them is at different levels, there are too many things to try to account for.




  10. #25
    pd8731's Avatar
    pd8731 is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Marysville, MI
    Posts
    562
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: HDC315 Vids*

    Quote Originally Posted by btdickey99 View Post
    I love n00bz that try to help out.....
    I love n00bz that are a joke at construction and installation.




  11. #26
    SeanDub's Avatar
    SeanDub is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Kansas
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,528
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    4
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

    Re: HDC315 Vids*

    Quote Originally Posted by moorezy View Post
    Hey sorry i couldn't get the vidz i got lazy lol. I think i'm good though. Its install dependent as well.. I'm ridin a buick lesabre. Its built like a brick, compared to little civics and stuff. And i did try putting up all windows cept the one i was trying to get shirt to flex.. i didn't find it make any difference at all. it actually was better with all windows down. could be car ^^. Yea i have my volts set at 30 right now thats 1800 rms @ 0.5 ohm. A dude at local shop said set with a 40hz tone? would this make any difference?
    That amp is stronger than that. Boost it up a little to feed the sub more power. I'd say set it for around 2000 - 2200 rms.



    Deck: Pioneer Premier 880 w/ iPod
    In-dash: AudioControl Epic-150
    Sub: Digital Designs 9515e/f Dual 1.0
    Amp: Atomic 5000.1 @ 0.5 ohm
    Box: 3.85 @ 36 hz with 66 sq in of port

    Refs: fwb_1234, Hopes Audio, Louisiana_CRX, astrolade, nhustlar, teamquakecelica, walkychalky, negative3five, TypeRBass, jblanford (x2), massiveaudiocw, KnOkIn It 420, hoss, xtremebassjunky, trow100, MillzThaYungin, IonSQL, matrxx dude, yunvme666, vitveet, PWNED, Team H&K, jk32sho

  12. #27
    pd8731's Avatar
    pd8731 is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Marysville, MI
    Posts
    562
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: HDC315 Vids*

    Quote Originally Posted by SeanDub View Post
    That amp is stronger than that. Boost it up a little to feed the sub more power. I'd say set it for around 2000 - 2200 rms.
    Again, more variables. The impedance will be dynamic. My advice would be to use a clamp meter and another meter set to volts at the same time. Crank the gain slowly until the product of the volts and amps reach your desired power level.




Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum