very nice.. goodluck

btdickey99 is offline I Hate the Tarheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: HDC315 Vids*

how d you like it OP?

2000 Chevy Silverado 4x4

REFS: texasound82, duece212, flipside1212, l7runner, oxsign, tapout, Busabob, NightDrifter05, GOOSE, GohillaAudio, jmanpc, fwb_1234, Fusion_Freak, arkadiy, LoggedOut, Kmanian, KyleBechtold, Beerdrnkr, R/T Pimp, Louie68, dropped_tb, audiobaun, Psychodrama, JBLCAMRY, yunvme666, Buckyboy, CRXBMPN, bpres9991, Worlddre, KCha, operationcougar, Vitveet, and many more...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moorezy View Post
    Tomorrow Morning There Will Be Vids!
    I call LIAR....

where are the new vidz?

2000 Chevy Silverado 4x4

REFS: texasound82, duece212, flipside1212, l7runner, oxsign, tapout, Busabob, NightDrifter05, GOOSE, GohillaAudio, jmanpc, fwb_1234, Fusion_Freak, arkadiy, LoggedOut, Kmanian, KyleBechtold, Beerdrnkr, R/T Pimp, Louie68, dropped_tb, audiobaun, Psychodrama, JBLCAMRY, yunvme666, Buckyboy, CRXBMPN, bpres9991, Worlddre, KCha, operationcougar, Vitveet, and many more...

pd8731 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Flatten all EQ settings, including any bass boosts. Set the low pass on the amp to 60 hz. Subsonic to the lowest it will go. Turn on any song with a constant, non variant bass note, "Jeezy The Snowman" will do. Turn the CD player to 4/5 total volume. Make sure gain is turned down all the way before all of this. Slowly crank the gain until it's the desired volume, stop turning the gain up when it stops getting louder. Of course be weary of clipping.

One more thing, make sure you crank the gain EXTRA SLOW. If you start smelling anything burning, turn it down immediately.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pd8731 View Post
    Flatten all EQ settings, including any bass boosts. Set the low pass on the amp to 60 hz. Subsonic to the lowest it will go. Turn on any song with a constant, non variant bass note, "Jeezy The Snowman" will do. Turn the CD player to 4/5 total volume. Make sure gain is turned down all the way before all of this. Slowly crank the gain until it's the desired volume, stop turning the gain up when it stops getting louder. Of course be weary of clipping.

One more thing, make sure you crank the gain EXTRA SLOW. If you start smelling anything burning, turn it down immediately.
    or you could use a dmm and actually do it the correct way

2000 Chevy Silverado 4x4

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by btdickey99 View Post
    x2 better to be safe than sorry

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brtnboarder3241 View Post
    x2 better to be safe than sorry
    I love n00bz that try to help out.....

2000 Chevy Silverado 4x4

moorezy is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hey sorry i couldn't get the vidz i got lazy lol. I think i'm good though. Its install dependent as well.. I'm ridin a buick lesabre. Its built like a brick, compared to little civics and stuff. And i did try putting up all windows cept the one i was trying to get shirt to flex.. i didn't find it make any difference at all. it actually was better with all windows down. could be car ^^. Yea i have my volts set at 30 right now thats 1800 rms @ 0.5 ohm. A dude at local shop said set with a 40hz tone? would this make any difference?

Infinity Kappa Perfect 10 VQ (2)
    Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1
    Infinity Kappa ONE
    Infinity Kappa FOUR
    Knu Flex 1/0
    Knu Klarity RCAs
    Pioneer AVH-4000DVD
    dB Electrical 200 amp alt
    2000 Lincoln LS V8

pd8731 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Uh yeah. Use a dmm. It's impossible to do. All music is ridiculously dynamic. Tones are not. If you set it to a tone, you're gonna be dissatisfied. I've set my gain before using a dmm, and I've done it using my ear. The latter was definitely more accurate.

Using a DMM to set your gains for a daily driver is silly. Songs are recorded at different levels, the bass in them is at different levels, there are too many things to try to account for.

pd8731 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I love n00bz that try to help out.....
    I love n00bz that are a joke at construction and installation.

SeanDub is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moorezy View Post
    Hey sorry i couldn't get the vidz i got lazy lol. I think i'm good though. Its install dependent as well.. I'm ridin a buick lesabre. Its built like a brick, compared to little civics and stuff. And i did try putting up all windows cept the one i was trying to get shirt to flex.. i didn't find it make any difference at all. it actually was better with all windows down. could be car ^^. Yea i have my volts set at 30 right now thats 1800 rms @ 0.5 ohm. A dude at local shop said set with a 40hz tone? would this make any difference?
    That amp is stronger than that. Boost it up a little to feed the sub more power. I'd say set it for around 2000 - 2200 rms.

Deck: Pioneer Premier 880 w/ iPod
    In-dash: AudioControl Epic-150
    Sub: Digital Designs 9515e/f Dual 1.0
    Amp: Atomic 5000.1 @ 0.5 ohm
    Box: 3.85 @ 36 hz with 66 sq in of port

Refs: fwb_1234, Hopes Audio, Louisiana_CRX, astrolade, nhustlar, teamquakecelica, walkychalky, negative3five, TypeRBass, jblanford (x2), massiveaudiocw, KnOkIn It 420, hoss, xtremebassjunky, trow100, MillzThaYungin, IonSQL, matrxx dude, yunvme666, vitveet, PWNED, Team H&K, jk32sho

pd8731 is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SeanDub View Post
    That amp is stronger than that. Boost it up a little to feed the sub more power. I'd say set it for around 2000 - 2200 rms.
    Again, more variables. The impedance will be dynamic. My advice would be to use a clamp meter and another meter set to volts at the same time. Crank the gain slowly until the product of the volts and amps reach your desired power level.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2