i have this originally posted on the SSA forums and i just realized today that there was a build log section. everything is copied and pasted.
it's not complete so yeah.
alright so well I've been at this since Saturday morning and well i decided i would start up my build log tonight. i have some progress already going so i feel I'm at a pacing start. i got 2 weeks to accomplish as much as i can as I'm on vacation from work. yeah, it's kind of weird to take a vacation and work on your car. lawl. i have no where to go really and i usually take vacations to get a lot of work done. like when i did my fiberglassing. took 3 weeks and wao did those days go fast! anyways. my new rebuild will consist of,
Components: Phoenix Gold RSD 6.5(new)
Comp Amp: Profile AP1040
Alternator: Iraggi 200amp(Ordering soon)CHANGED TO 180amp by Excessive Amperage
Deadener: 60sqft Elemental Designs Edead v1SE², 1 Gallon eDead v3(new)
Head Unit: Alpine 9887(Ordering Soon)
Subwoofer: Fi Audio BTL 15"(new)
Sub Amp: 2 Sundown Audio SAZ-1500D - strapped at 2Ohm
Battery: 2 Optima Red tops(1 Still needs to be ordered or i may switch to a Kinetik)Bought a kinetick hc2400 to replace the redtop, looking for an hc800
Sub Enclosure: 4cuft @ 33hz Kerfed designed by BrianChia from CA.COM
here's a preview.
on a side note ordered 20ft 8ga power wire to run amps to speaker, 20ft of Knu Fleks 1/0ga wire. some RE/USAmps 1/0ga fuse holders. das about it.
well. Saturday morning i began to disassemble the doors and prep them for deadening. i first began with deadening the inside portion of the door. i then added V3 to the outside skin of the door. there are about 8 layers of V3 on each door. i allowed them to sit over night so they can fully cure.
on day two i started my morning with putting the car out in the sun a bit to heat up the doors. i then removed the back seat, rear panel, rear sail panels, amps, sub, enclosure. i then prepped the rear panel for V3 and taped off the lower section of the rear window just in case of i got some of the V3 on it.
after all that i began adding the V3 on the panels, after i got a few good coats on it i began deadening the doors. all went well and there is a huge difference on mass. initially i could here a hollow/loud thump whenever i knocked on the door. not is a deep bare thunk. i must admit applying deadener is very time consuming.
after i deadened the passenger door i took a speaker to do a test fit. and i noticed the speaker couldn't really sit in properly even if there would of been a 3/4" ring under it. so i busted out the dremel and cut it open some. you can notice the opening being round and larger on the passenger over the drivers. it got dark before i could do the drivers so it will be done tomorrow.
yep. i know i could of bought a better deadener, but for 60sqft and a gallon of liquid for 159.00. i couldn't pass up. lawl. i will eventually later on buy better stuff and add on as i need it, but for now it's better than having no deadener.