Closed Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 148

Reload Thread: Cadence wire

  1. #46
    Kangaroux's Avatar
    Kangaroux is offline I put on

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    9,474
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)

    Re: Cadence wire

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony30cl View Post
    you can see above why im not a fan of cca period...used the same exact points for the big threee but this time used ofc...no problems
    Guess it's a good thing my big 3 is in 2/0 lol. I'll just make sure to make my connections tight then. Probably just check them every couple months







  2. #47
    CAT MAN's Avatar
    CAT MAN is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Roanoke,VA
    Posts
    8,131
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

    Re: Cadence wire

    Quote Originally Posted by Kangaroux View Post
    Guess it's a good thing my big 3 is in 2/0 lol. I'll just make sure to make my connections tight then. Probably just check them every couple months
    yeah at first i thought it was solder. then i crimped them...same thing. so i didnt try anymore cca




  3. #48
    Kangaroux's Avatar
    Kangaroux is offline I put on

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    9,474
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)

    Re: Cadence wire

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony30cl View Post
    yeah at first i thought it was solder. then i crimped them...same thing. so i didnt try anymore cca
    Hmm that's strange. Idk I've just never had that problem and the temperature up here fluctuates like crazy so I don't suppose that is a contributing factor




  4. #49
    CAT MAN's Avatar
    CAT MAN is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Roanoke,VA
    Posts
    8,131
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

    Re: Cadence wire

    Quote Originally Posted by Kangaroux View Post
    Hmm that's strange. Idk I've just never had that problem and the temperature up here fluctuates like crazy so I don't suppose that is a contributing factor
    yeah i tried everything . someone else told me it was where i grounded to the manifold that it was no good to leave there (BS BTW sh*ts fine) so i moved it . tried it all and the same stuff happens until i used ofc.... but yeah if i ever see any cadence ofc im buyin it




  5. #50
    Kangaroux's Avatar
    Kangaroux is offline I put on

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    9,474
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)

    Re: Cadence wire

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony30cl View Post
    yeah i tried everything . someone else told me it was where i grounded to the manifold that it was no good to leave there (BS BTW sh*ts fine) so i moved it . tried it all and the same stuff happens until i used ofc.... but yeah if i ever see any cadence ofc im buyin it
    What battery do you use? Cause the first thing I always do is replace the batt with something that's AGM




  6. #51
    CAT MAN's Avatar
    CAT MAN is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Roanoke,VA
    Posts
    8,131
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

    Re: Cadence wire

    Quote Originally Posted by Kangaroux View Post
    What battery do you use? Cause the first thing I always do is replace the batt with something that's AGM
    its a normal starting batt. and dont go sayin '' you need agm thats why that stuff happened to you'' because it isnt true . the power the battery puts out is the same no matter what kind it is(im talking clean 12v power not AH or anything else). the only thing that differs are internals and how it stores/releases the power.




  7. #52
    Kangaroux's Avatar
    Kangaroux is offline I put on

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    9,474
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)

    Re: Cadence wire

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony30cl View Post
    its a normal starting batt. and dont go sayin '' you need agm thats why that stuff happened to you'' because it isnt true . the power the battery puts out is the same no matter what kind it is(im talking clean 12v power not AH or anything else). the only thing that differs are internals and how it stores/releases the power.
    I wasn't going to say that but a weak or bad battery could have possibly been the cause of it. Idk just throwing around ideas here




  8. #53
    CAT MAN's Avatar
    CAT MAN is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Roanoke,VA
    Posts
    8,131
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

    Re: Cadence wire

    Quote Originally Posted by Kangaroux View Post
    I wasn't going to say that but a weak or bad battery could have possibly been the cause of it. Idk just throwing around ideas here
    battery tested greaat . i got it recharged before i did this also




  9. #54
    disturbed471985's Avatar
    disturbed471985 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Greenwood, La
    Age
    29
    Posts
    7,044
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

    Re: Cadence wire

    All my wire is CCA. Going on a good 2 years without a single issue. Not saying that crap does not happen but for my car and my needs the CCA is a perfect choice. Cost was low supports the amount of power I want to run. If I decided to ever run more power I will just run a second run of CCA and still come out cheaper then running ofc plus I will have the ability to support 500amps of draw something a single run of ofc could not do.



    RIP Maynard "My heart"

    HU - Eclipse CD7000
    Front Stage - 5 Silver flute 6.5's - 6 Seas Prestige tweets Soon to be FS
    Front Stage amp - DB Drive A7 125.4 For Sale In amp section
    Subwoofer - 3 Skar VVX 10's & 2 TRF Blacks For Sale in Sub Section
    Subwoofer Amp - 2 - Skar SK-2500's & Sundown 5k & 2 Nendo bc2000's For Sale in Amp section
    Box - 4.25cf tuned to 30hz using a 6" internal aero 15" long.. Free
    Wiring - Knukonceptz everything, Big 3, Sprinter S12V370F & HC1800 Soon to be all FS

  10. #55
    CAT MAN's Avatar
    CAT MAN is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Roanoke,VA
    Posts
    8,131
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

    Re: Cadence wire

    Quote Originally Posted by disturbed471985 View Post
    All my wire is CCA. Going on a good 2 years without a single issue. Not saying thats crap does not happen but for my car and my needs the CCA as a perfect choice. Cost was low supports the amount of power I want to run. If I decided to ever run more power I will just run a second of CCA and still come out cheaper then running ofc plus I will have the ability to support 500amps of draw something a single run of ofc could not do.
    oh im not saying not to use it im just voicing out why i personally do not use it anymore. i never had any problems before this with cca but so many times of trying to still use cca and then use ofc with no problems kinda ruins the worth of cca




  11. #56
    TnT_Sounds's Avatar
    TnT_Sounds is offline profiling gets **** done!



    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,616
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cadence wire

    Yeah i see nothing in the pics but what looks to be lead solder corrosion...



    3 8's

    39.9 consistently

    Quote Originally Posted by PV Audio View Post
    It will never be proved that loudness is somehow related to SPL because it isn't.

    Loudness, a subjective measure, is often confused with objective measures of sound pressure such as decibels or sound intensity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Kulicki
    Building a stereo just to measure it's sound pressure level is like building a microwave oven for no reason other than to measure it's electromagnetic radiation emissions.

  12. #57
    CAT MAN's Avatar
    CAT MAN is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Roanoke,VA
    Posts
    8,131
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

    Re: Cadence wire

    Quote Originally Posted by TnT_Sounds View Post
    Yeah i see nothing in the pics but what looks to be lead solder corrosion...
    you're blind... but i already know what you try and do.




  13. #58
    TnT_Sounds's Avatar
    TnT_Sounds is offline profiling gets **** done!



    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,616
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Cadence wire

    lol numb nuts.. that black crap is not carbon tracking... It would have melted the insulation completely off.

    Try again



    3 8's

    39.9 consistently

    Quote Originally Posted by PV Audio View Post
    It will never be proved that loudness is somehow related to SPL because it isn't.

    Loudness, a subjective measure, is often confused with objective measures of sound pressure such as decibels or sound intensity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Kulicki
    Building a stereo just to measure it's sound pressure level is like building a microwave oven for no reason other than to measure it's electromagnetic radiation emissions.

  14. #59
    CAT MAN's Avatar
    CAT MAN is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Roanoke,VA
    Posts
    8,131
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

    Re: Cadence wire

    Quote Originally Posted by TnT_Sounds View Post
    lol numb nuts.. that black crap is not carbon tracking... It would have melted the insulation completely off.

    Try again
    try again but it is. and its not lead corrossion. remember it happened to it every time i re did it. even when i crimped/changed grounds.




  15. #60
    CADENCE SOUND's Avatar
    CADENCE SOUND is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Howell, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    470
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Re: Cadence wire

    Glad so many of you have had great experiences with our wires. Too bad for the few mishaps.

    With the various climates, engine temps and other conditions, wires really go through a lot of extremes leading to all kinds of issues.
    Some people have zero issues, for years, while others encounter the same issues over and over again..

    We will be having more spools, and other wiring available soon.

    In the mean time, Tony & TNT..please save your debate for the PMs, thanks



    RyKo@CadenceSound.com
    Marketing/Sales Rep

    Like our page for coupons and updates on Cadence Gear! www.Facebook.com/TeamCadence

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts

1e2 Forum