Closed Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Reload Thread: Attn: Cadence users and 8" fans!

tylork92 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: Attn: Cadence users and 8" fans!

I see both sides here.

OP shoulda waited til he had actual test numbers before he blew up every forum.

Cadence could very easily pick up the damm phone and call OP in the time it took them to think/type out a paragraph of BS...

[/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    93 Ford Ranger
    full fiberglass panels and a-pillars
    XS d6500/ Mechman 260A
    2 SA15s
    Sundown 1500dv1
    Toolmaker plexi, dual inputs, distro blocks.

infamous_e46 is offline hArRy_DaNgLeRs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackG35inTN View Post
    You have got to be fucking kidding me. So people are copying your copied version of the Digital Designs 1508? Not only do you have shitty service, y'all are lying douchebags. I can not begin to tell you how much false info was in the bullshat letter. I've never owed a single piece of your garbage, and after this, I never will.
    then the american bass came out then the addictive audio came out hmmm who else

Quote Originally Posted by RyanM923 View Post
    Damn, look at that midget ***...love me a midget ***. 3 foot 4 standing up, 3 foot 6 sitting down.
    Quote Originally Posted by michaellane View Post
    don dont come in here ruining my thread. i hate you and jose

www.alphadamp.com
    Got Mad Feedback Son http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/364675-infamous_e46s-feedback-thread.html#post5697823

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tylork92 View Post
    I see both sides here.

OP shoulda waited til he had actual test numbers before he blew up every forum.

Cadence could very easily pick up the damm phone and call OP in the time it took them to think/type out a paragraph of BS...
    the 2nd part is exactly what i said....feg

CADENCE SOUND is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I want to know what resolution can be had at this point? Realistically? Honestly?
    There have been so many unkind accusations at this point, such an atmosphere of hostility....

Now I am a employee of Cadence, and have been for 10 years now, but I am mainly replying as the guy who volunteered to open this vendor account and work on it and offer any help to anybody I could. I did so out of a genuine desire to help the end users.

Travis called on Tuesday and spoke to someone here about this and I was made aware of the problem.
    Ok, no problem. I went and pulled a piece from stock, and went to look for the production samples for rev. 1&2. I want so say now - there is no more stock on rev 1&2. Rev.3 is the current model and that is now sold out too, which is why Jake mentioned rev.4 yesterday. These woofers sell, I dont keep stock on older rev.s. We sell them. Despite what has been said, it's the same speaker with very minor differences. I still maintain that, I see no significant differences in the motor structure between rev. 1,2 or 3.

So, I did some preliminary measurements and I saw nothing there. Ok, so I need to speak to the guy who handles the design and production, he wasn't in the office on Tuesday... I need to email the factory for specific parts specifications this is in China - a full 12 hour time difference. This takes time. Maybe more than a hour or two.

Travis began posting all this that same day, starting where - I dont know, I do know the date on the Amazon.com review is Tuesday August 9th, that same day. I, and I'm sure other's were bewildered here. Why??? We didn't have a chance to assemble any info. When I stated this in my reply this was dismissed as "bs"or "cya"... How do I reply to that or help at that point?

This could have been handled so differently, certainly more professionally. I have NEVER left a customer in the lurch, I have always done my best to try to reach a resolution that's going to work for everybody, and I always will. But how do I do that when he's busy saying everywhere we are "liars", "shady", "pulling one over on our customers"? Intentionally cheating them? It sets up such a negative, hostile, adversarial atmosphere it makes that impossible.
    Why haven't I called Travis to settle this and reach a good resolution? Because THIS is where he chose to air all this, publicly. How else I supposed to respond?
    I am still very open to doing something here, but I don't have the speakers to swap or replace. Its the honest truth.... I'm sure that will get lambasted too.
    If anyone has any ideas - I'm all ears.

Roy Starling
    Cadence Acoustics

pro-rabbit is offline Moderator pro-rabbit is a Supporting Member of the forum!

pro-rabbit is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CADENCE SOUND View Post
    I want to know what resolution can be had at this point? Realistically? Honestly?
    There have been so many unkind accusations at this point, such an atmosphere of hostility....

Now I am a employee of Cadence, and have been for 10 years now, but I am mainly replying as the guy who volunteered to open this vendor account and work on it and offer any help to anybody I could. I did so out of a genuine desire to help the end users.

Travis called on Tuesday and spoke to someone here about this and I was made aware of the problem.
    Ok, no problem. I went and pulled a piece from stock, and went to look for the production samples for rev. 1&2. I want so say now - there is no more stock on rev 1&2. Rev.3 is the current model and that is now sold out too, which is why Jake mentioned rev.4 yesterday. These woofers sell, I dont keep stock on older rev.s. We sell them. Despite what has been said, it's the same speaker with very minor differences. I still maintain that, I see no significant differences in the motor structure between rev. 1,2 or 3.

So, I did some preliminary measurements and I saw nothing there. Ok, so I need to speak to the guy who handles the design and production, he wasn't in the office on Tuesday... I need to email the factory for specific parts specifications this is in China - a full 12 hour time difference. This takes time. Maybe more than a hour or two.

Travis began posting all this that same day, starting where - I dont know, I do know the date on the Amazon.com review is Tuesday August 9th, that same day. I, and I'm sure other's were bewildered here. Why??? We didn't have a chance to assemble any info. When I stated this in my reply this was dismissed as "bs"or "cya"... How do I reply to that or help at that point?

This could have been handled so differently, certainly more professionally. I have NEVER left a customer in the lurch, I have always done my best to try to reach a resolution that's going to work for everybody, and I always will. But how do I do that when he's busy saying everywhere we are "liars", "shady", "pulling one over on our customers"? Intentionally cheating them? It sets up such a negative, hostile, adversarial atmosphere it makes that impossible.
    Why haven't I called Travis to settle this and reach a good resolution? Because THIS is where he chose to air all this, publicly. How else I supposed to respond?
    I am still very open to doing something here, but I don't have the speakers to swap or replace. Its the honest truth.... I'm sure that will get lambasted too.
    If anyone has any ideas - I'm all ears.

Roy Starling
    Cadence Acoustics
    Just for the record I did not bash anything you said. Just said that how it was written was very unprofessional from a business response. More so, if you go into your customer service departs where they handle the RAs they should have the hard and soft parts to build a few drivers just so he has 100% matching drivers. China also has a habit of adjusting things to suite their build process. This hinders many companies, but it is a part of doing business over there.

BTW could you PM some contact info for your marketing department? I would like to talk them about vendor spaces at shows.

**edit** I just called and I left a message for you, as they(whom ever answered the call) said you are who I needed to speak with.
    Last edited by pro-rabbit; 08-12-2011 at 12:04 PM.

SPLaudio is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    291 Post(s)

what a sh!tstorm

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Well, I just spoke with Roy(long long talk actually). I have to say, he is a great guy to speak with and has a very level head on his shoulders. I would like to see this is end in a decent way though. I hate to see such negativity from everyone when considering the situation and short time frame.

I do agree that some of this is being handled a bit "wrong" if you will. The time frame at which is being discussed even for me seems very short hard to get some of the answers needed in such a small window. However, posting on almost every forum and giving negative reviews on a product that has a revision and you have yet to test or use seems a bit harsh.

---------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SPLaudio View Post
    what a sh!tstorm
    You need to fly down for Finals...I won't take no for an answer sir.

sundownz is offline Supporting Vendor sundownz is a Supporting Member of the forum!

sundownz is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

IMO... the CVL-8 has a better spider than the DD 1508 as far as linear travel (the highly non-linear DD spider seems to produce good SPL figures with the resultant shift in Qts and Fs over stroke, though). Honestly the CVL-8 has one of the better spiders I've seen for an 8" driver period.

I thought it was a quality product when I tested it out -- easily my second favorite 8" woofer (I'm a bit prone to liking my own design of course *laughs*).

I'm assuming the guys over at Cadence will get to the bottom of it -- actually... I have some older revision CVL-8s in the back room that have the newest style frame but that I purchased last year if someone wants to do a side-to-side test to resolve the matter. If Roy or Jake need it to settle the issue of a difference in measured spec that is fine with me (obviously if I tested mine here on a WT2 unit and they used a difference machine for the new revision we couldn't really compare directly) -- I'd prefer to see a positive resolution to the matter. As a fellow industry member I'd be glad to help out in that regard.

- Jacob Fuller
    - Owner, Sundown Audio
    - Associate, Stereo Integrity

- I DO NOT USE PMs ON HERE -- Please e-mail me!
    - E-MAIL is sundownz@sundownaudio.com
    Simon Eichenberger is THE MAN.

TnT_Sounds is offline profiling gets **** done!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This seems to be more of a headache then what its worth. Im going to just return them and post specs of the new ones when I get them.

sad you guys have to call china because you clearly have no idea what you're doing.

Good luck with running you're business

3 8's

39.9 consistently

Quote Originally Posted by PV Audio View Post
    It will never be proved that loudness is somehow related to SPL because it isn't.

Loudness, a subjective measure, is often confused with objective measures of sound pressure such as decibels or sound intensity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Kulicki
    Building a stereo just to measure it's sound pressure level is like building a microwave oven for no reason other than to measure it's electromagnetic radiation emissions.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sundownz View Post
    IMO... the CVL-8 has a better spider than the DD 1508 as far as linear travel (the highly non-linear DD spider seems to produce good SPL figures with the resultant shift in Qts and Fs over stroke, though). Honestly the CVL-8 has one of the better spiders I've seen for an 8" driver period.

I thought it was a quality product when I tested it out -- easily my second favorite 8" woofer (I'm a bit prone to liking my own design of course *laughs*).

I'm assuming the guys over at Cadence will get to the bottom of it -- actually... I have some older revision CVL-8s in the back room that have the newest style frame but that I purchased last year if someone wants to do a side-to-side test to resolve the matter. If Roy or Jake need it to settle the issue of a difference in measured spec that is fine with me (obviously if I tested mine here on a WT2 unit and they used a difference machine for the new revision we couldn't really compare directly) -- I'd prefer to see a positive resolution to the matter. As a fellow industry member I'd be glad to help out in that regard.
    Unfortunately I don't think they have any testing equipment or they would know the fs isn't close to 32hz

3 8's

39.9 consistently

It will never be proved that loudness is somehow related to SPL because it isn't.

Loudness, a subjective measure, is often confused with objective measures of sound pressure such as decibels or sound intensity.
    Building a stereo just to measure it's sound pressure level is like building a microwave oven for no reason other than to measure it's electromagnetic radiation emissions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TnT_Sounds View Post
    This seems to be more of a headache then what its worth. Im going to just return them and post specs of the new ones when I get them.

sad you guys have to call china because you clearly have no idea what you're doing.

Good luck with running you're business
    I hate to say it but you seem cross with just about everything. You do know that 99% of all electronics originate from china correct?

Also, he was trying to contact china to see how you could have gotten something so far out of spec.

To be honest I fail to see where your complaint is in the whole thread. I understand what your saying but your basing that off of what you see and that is it. You are not even waiting to see the results of the tests to see what if anything has changed.

The fault of you getting different revisions is not Cadence's fault but the fault of the retailer itself.

Again, I'm not trying to take sides, but there seems to be nothing that can be done in this situation to make you happy what so ever.
    Last edited by pro-rabbit; 08-15-2011 at 11:18 AM.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My other issue is they claimed the revision was better yet have no facts to support that. Its not rocket science to know taking stuff out of a magnetic motor would not add any gain in performance.

3 8's

39.9 consistently

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pro-rabbit View Post
    I hate to say it but you seem cross with just about everything. You do know that 99% of all electronics originate from china correct?

Also, he was trying to contact china to see how you could have gotten something so far out of spec.

To be honest I fail to see where your complaint is in the whole thread. I understand what your saying but your basing that off of what you see and that is it. You are not even waiting to see the results of the tests to see what if anything has changed.

The fault of you getting different revisions is not Cadence's fault but the fault of the retailer itself.

Again, I'm trying to take sides, but there seems to be nothing that can be done in this situation to make you happy what so ever.

I'm not understanding why the motors would be made with smaller top and bottom plates and wouldn't change any specs for the better. Its common logical with alterimg those plates the specs will shift and not make them compatable. Common sense guys

3 8's

39.9 consistently

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

There's a lot of unnecessary hostility in this thread.

If I were a part of the Cadence group dealing with this issue, I'd take as long as possible because you're a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugefuckingdouche.

Quote Originally Posted by globalminds_ent View Post
    people think that companies are so much better than each other when it comes to amps, but this is all a game people..all of this **** is the same, now some are better than others but in the end all of this **** is the same. These companies want u to fight over who is the best. When honestly there is probably 2 or 3 huge companies that make every single amp on the planet. Wake up people.u don't no who owns this stuff and u don't know who owns these build houses.
    Quote Originally Posted by benbenondatrack View Post
    you dont even got no swag anyway

15. Thanks cf2004, 97maxima thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TnT_Sounds View Post
    I'm not understanding why the motors would be made with smaller top and bottom plates and wouldn't change any specs for the better. Its common logical with alterimg those plates the specs will shift and not make them compatable. Common sense guys
    I'm saying you jumped ship as fast as possible. You should have handled this in a much better way. I'm also saying that Amazaon was at fault for you getting the mix up, not cadence at all. They are trying to see what you want to do to fix the issue and you are being what I would call, unreasonable.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast