Closed Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Reload Thread: Attn: Cadence users and 8" fans!

06goat is offline bumpin bluegrass

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Re: Attn: Cadence users and 8" fans!

Quote Originally Posted by TnT_Sounds View Post
    Gotcha bro but it's no science. Altered motors, regardless they are slight alteration still affect everything in the gap. Do you remember the Brahma situation when they tried doing this with slightly smaller top and bottom plates? Same goes for SoundStream when they tried doing the same in their splx line and Neil Barber caught the design flaw. I believe a lot of that had to do though since it was Neil Barber they handled it in the right way. Here it appears that nobody has made a big enough stink for them to up their QC in China.

No specs yet either but I was hoping a "Speaker Company" , no names needed, would have the proper testing equipment to post them before I do.

Very good point here. Good luck to ya whatever happens. Im curious to see the outcome

2006 GTO
    800prs
    Audio System X--ion 70.6 PLUS
    Dayton Ref's

JL Audio is offline ThugStep

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

cadence will lose many a customer over this, we don't take kindly to douchebaggery in these parts. So says ca.com.

IM GONNA FIRE MY LAZER AND SUCH.

Sleeklsc is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

I'd still buy from them..Good product at a great price.

Ref's:1. Midwestcustoms 1.5. Desertheat 2. Mjbailey 3. Terryracing86 4. Sickmint79 5. Untouchable11 6. mattj 7. Ssweet96 8. Kool9accord 9.Kristinspapi10. Kmhogan224 11. Alpine3612 -x3- 12. Vectork39 13. Livinlife 14.Chriscivic 15. Violentraptor 16. Ricky616 17. Bassaddictj 18.orioles26 19.Khail19 20. jak3th3snak311 21. Myjaja 22. Springy101 x2 23. Ali1 24. Privatepastry 25. Plus about 10+ more..

Fiendstolemyamp is offline Call of the Wintermoon

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Never would have bought their **** anyway.

I use gain as a volume control.

DonWan is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A lot of people wonder why we nuthug Jacobs products.. He cares about his customers takes care of everything we ask, even ask us what we think about products etc... As for Cadence they obviously don't care and lie and cheat a "customer" He was just smart enough to catch it, and you guy's never even called him to try and fix this crap.. I call BS on your customer service, I will never buy from you and will continue to tell all my friends about how bad you handle customer service..

6. Thanks Phoenix Risen, Fiendstolemyamp thanked for this post
    kramer_212 is offline Music-Expression

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

wha? this be crazy, should have at least put a diff model number.

Sleeklsc is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

With the very miniscule diff's 99% of people could care less. I highly doubt you'd even beable to hear a audible differance between the 2...It's still a beast either way.

This is being blown way out of porportion.
    Last edited by Sleeklsc; 08-11-2011 at 10:49 PM.

Ref's:1. Midwestcustoms 1.5. Desertheat 2. Mjbailey 3. Terryracing86 4. Sickmint79 5. Untouchable11 6. mattj 7. Ssweet96 8. Kool9accord 9.Kristinspapi10. Kmhogan224 11. Alpine3612 -x3- 12. Vectork39 13. Livinlife 14.Chriscivic 15. Violentraptor 16. Ricky616 17. Bassaddictj 18.orioles26 19.Khail19 20. jak3th3snak311 21. Myjaja 22. Springy101 x2 23. Ali1 24. Privatepastry 25. Plus about 10+ more..

9. Thanks gpgtp thanked for this post
    puppet_1211 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

im like this on the situation i have never owned anything cadence but i did go to their web page and ask about their 4 gauge wire about a week ago and have yet to get an awsner i had a friend buy sum cadence 12s and amp and i had sum crappy xplod 12s and a boss amp and still hit harder than him so i will never buy anything cadence either cadence=caca

Dirtrider4eva is offline √\_The CaUsE__

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

ya know.. it seems like a bad situation for the buyer and seller.
    from their perspective, although the motors are smaller by a pinch.. the price is 30 dollars cheeaper...
    and as for their products, i wouldnt know, but i hear they have great amps.
    for the buyer, he didnt get what he intentionally wanted. but OP at least test them to see if they compare.
    if its about the same, take it. and idk... stay away from them i supposee.

welcome to
    Where b-stock is the new a-stock
    TEAM WEST

TnT_Sounds is offline profiling gets **** done!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbcaprice305 View Post
    With the very miniscule diff's 99% of people could care less. I highly doubt you'd even beable to hear a audible differance between the 2...It's still a beast either way.

This is being blown way out of porportion.
    See to the "average" joe schmo they probably wont hear a difference. Even some suffering from ear fatigue . I however can and would be able to tell a difference. I would like to hope they aren't marketing like this in hopes nobody catches what they have changed. The whole fact of the matter is it seems the changes were done in hopes no one finds out and everyone is happy. For some reason it seems to be taking longer than needed to come up with scientific proof that these will still perform the same in the same enclosures and play the same as the others. I think it's funny how I asked a simple question then just wanted to swap them for the others and I'm being accused of being "disgruntle" because I am questioning their product now on a public forum to expose what they did. All my theories are substantiated and have some relevance to them. I did some math and with the amount of steel taken out, it essentially makes every 23rd woofer motor free. If they are making as many of these as they claim then thats definitely a lot of free woofers.

Big deal or not altering top and bottom plates if the woofer was already good and to make it better by taking steel out so less gauss is in the gap is a pretty big deal to me. I like to hope my money is spent towards the same product I bought before that worked well for me.

Oh and lets not forget I am in someway "affiliated with their competition" and am making "malicious slander" because I have "always had a problem with Cadence" :rollseyes:

What I think would be funny is if there will be any other changes made after the 4th revision of the CVL8-500-4 after all this.

To Roy or Jake, I am free all day tomorrow doing payroll so my phone will be right next to me. As I said before I would like to simply swap these rev3 subs out for the rev2 ones that I have. I will be happy to apologize for the troubles and be on my marry way. I will even pay shipping. I will be happy to put all this behind me and settle this on good terms. I think i'm being very lenient about it. A simple refund isn't what I want as I like the rev2 series a lot and they work well for me and keep my record in Colorado. However I would really hate to switch to another brand but if this keeps being a run-around of story after story I will have no other choice but to take my money else where. Also I would have no problem showing my Cadence collection.

And my cell # is 719-320-8412

3 8's

39.9 consistently

Quote Originally Posted by PV Audio View Post
    It will never be proved that loudness is somehow related to SPL because it isn't.

Loudness, a subjective measure, is often confused with objective measures of sound pressure such as decibels or sound intensity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Kulicki
    Building a stereo just to measure it's sound pressure level is like building a microwave oven for no reason other than to measure it's electromagnetic radiation emissions.

whitedragon551 is offline Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by puppet_1211 View Post
    im like this on the situation i have never owned anything cadence but i did go to their web page and ask about their 4 gauge wire about a week ago and have yet to get an awsner i had a friend buy sum cadence 12s and amp and i had sum crappy xplod 12s and a boss amp and still hit harder than him so i will never buy anything cadence either cadence=caca
    Ive got money on user error.

CA.com FAQ's
    CA.com TOS Agreement
    Forum Rules

HU: ///Alpine 9887, KCE-400BT, KCE-433IV, KTX-100EQ Imprint, 8Gb iPod Touch
    Front Mids: Eclipse SC6500
    Front Tweeters: Morel made Xtant 28MM Silks
    Subs: Audiomobile Evo 10" TC2+
    Enclosure: 1.1 Cubes sealed with 10 Ounces Poly Fill
    Amp: Audio Systems Twister F6 380 III

indytrucks is offline Konichiwa *******!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The customer is always right? More like the customer is always an *******. Welcome to the interwebz. You buy **** online it may not be exactly what you wanted. Go to a brick and mortar store or call the company direct and you wont have these problems. With the OP's **** poor attitude I wouldn't be inclined to get him a prompt answer either.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CADENCE SOUND View Post
    To all very dedicated car audio enthusiasts.
    Blah Blah Blah Blah
    The CVL8-500-4 has also been one of the most copied subwoofers out on the market.
    Blah Blah Blah

Yours very truly,

Jake ****
    VP Operations
    Cadence Acoustics Ltd.
    You have got to be fucking kidding me. So people are copying your copied version of the Digital Designs 1508? Not only do you have shitty service, y'all are lying douchebags. I can not begin to tell you how much false info was in the bullshat letter. I've never owed a single piece of your garbage, and after this, I never will.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Until there is proof that this "revision" is inferior to the others, the OP has no real argument. Is it possible that they figured out they could trim a little steel and still get the same performance from the drivers? Production tolerances could possibly play a role in slight variations also... I'm curious to see how this plays out. But seems to me the OP is blowing up without facts to back his claims. (Besides very small size differences that may or may not effect performance)

Refs- DiabolicBass, nismos14,IonSQL,massiveaudiocw,sxpimpin,sundownz,8 7gr, nissan,Louie68,Tips,Trell,integra88,Ellsworthz,bas ebalz13,lil98cabrio,woofercooker,pro-rabbit,Louisiana_CRX,MANTI5,eL_wEEnIe,bubbagumper6 ,jco1385,95saturn,ace_800,micah_jones,assassin1840 ,beat-down69,RAM_Designs,whitedragon551,KTMrida4life

indytrucks is offline Konichiwa *******!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch86 View Post
    Until there is proof that this "revision" is inferior to the others, the OP has no real argument. Is it possible that they figured out they could trim a little steel and still get the same performance from the drivers? Production tolerances could possibly play a role in slight variations also... I'm curious to see how this plays out. But seems to me the OP is blowing up without facts to back his claims. (Besides very small size differences that may or may not effect performance)
    Hey, there will be no logical arguments in this thread!

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast