Closed Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Reload Thread: Attn: Cadence users and 8" fans!

TnT_Sounds is offline profiling gets **** done!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Attn: Cadence users and 8" fans!

Wow that was low. Seeing as how you are claiming im associated with another company is below the belt
    I am still awaiting that phone call on what can be resolved. The customer service was far beyond acceptable. I never OT returned calls or anything
    It can be claimed as being a better revision but a simple klippel test will determine that.

As stated though I am waiting a phone call I have stated many times I would be happy with a simple switch for my older gen3 series.

Until then I am waiting a phone call

3 8's

39.9 consistently

Quote Originally Posted by PV Audio View Post
    It will never be proved that loudness is somehow related to SPL because it isn't.

Loudness, a subjective measure, is often confused with objective measures of sound pressure such as decibels or sound intensity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Kulicki
    Building a stereo just to measure it's sound pressure level is like building a microwave oven for no reason other than to measure it's electromagnetic radiation emissions.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Claiming I have not contacted the company is also false. I called twice both times asking to speak to a supervisor and was told I would be getting a call back. Still as you posted that and claiming to have seen my posts you will see my direct # is posted even. To the average user that will all look like a run on to cover yourselfs. I know if valid test results were posted in accordance between the 2 drivers that would prove to be more valid then the vivid long worded paragraphs.

Still waiting on that phone call....

3 8's

39.9 consistently

It will never be proved that loudness is somehow related to SPL because it isn't.

Loudness, a subjective measure, is often confused with objective measures of sound pressure such as decibels or sound intensity.
    Building a stereo just to measure it's sound pressure level is like building a microwave oven for no reason other than to measure it's electromagnetic radiation emissions.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I know either jake or Roy are reading this as you are still active according to your profile.

Please call me

3 8's

39.9 consistently

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

still no phone call.... Lets not be childish about this and avoid people. You guys still have not yet posted test results for them. Not sure if you want me to or not but they are klippel accurate and one sub was sent to MIT for further inspection.

3 8's

39.9 consistently

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Jake if you could, post the measurements of the top plates overall width versus the Rev4. I have measurements of those here and they are near a 1/4" in overall diameter smaller than the other series.

3 8's

39.9 consistently

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No denying that, physical evidence proves the boot cover dont even fit or touch the top plate on any of them.

You are claiming this new revision to be better but I and anyone else has yet to see any supporting tests that prove they are better or even on par.

3 8's

39.9 consistently

Dirtrider4eva is offline √\_The CaUsE__

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

seems sketchy.. i thought cadence was a little more reputable on their standards.

welcome to
    Where b-stock is the new a-stock
    TEAM WEST

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

dude you should see their Facebook page that there sketchy amp repair tech monitors.

Cadence Acoustics | Facebook

they are trying to slander my name in a professional way. LMAO! I really didnt think they were like this either.

It's funny they keep logging in and reading this thread and wont reply nor give me a call.

3 8's

39.9 consistently

06goat is offline bumpin bluegrass

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

TNT SOUNDS, no offense to you or your situation but Jesus Christ you are the most impatient motherfcuker I have ever seen. I dont care if you flipped a nut over these subs having subtle differences. In the last 4 hours youve posted that you were awaiting a phone call 4 times. Give them time Im sure they are busy.

2006 GTO
    800prs
    Audio System X--ion 70.6 PLUS
    Dayton Ref's

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nom nom View Post
    TNT SOUNDS, no offense to you or your situation but Jesus Christ you are the most impatient motherfcuker I have ever seen. I dont care if you flipped a nut over these subs having subtle differences. In the last 4 hours youve posted that you were awaiting a phone call 4 times. Give them time Im sure they are busy.
    dude it has nothing to do with being impatient. These people are trying to come up with any excuse they can to make me seem wrong and yet wont call me personally. they are logged in every half hour to an hour and still wont say anything. I get what you're sayin though I'll just sit here and wait till i get a call and the test results to post. As for them being busy, they sure did have time to come up with a huge run-on about proving me wrong and there is nothing changed besides baskets, where I picture proof things were changed.

3 8's

39.9 consistently

JL Audio is offline ThugStep

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CADENCE SOUND View Post
    To all very dedicated car audio enthusiasts.
    blah blah blah

Yours very truly,

Jake Lock
    VP Operations
    Cadence Acoustics Ltd.
    why not just try to satisfy the customer instead of posting a ton of useless info? he is your customer, he buys your product. It's been my rule in business that the customer is always right, not " omfg customer mad, must prove wrong " ... what the hell are you shotty individuals running there? I used to own a zrs-9000d, thank hell I got rid of that... especially now.

also, call him back you fucking douche.

sincerely,
    ca.com community.

IM GONNA FIRE MY LAZER AND SUCH.

12. Thanks Phoenix Risen, Bassin Brandon thanked for this post
    06goat is offline bumpin bluegrass

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Then give it time. You havent gotten the TS specs of the new ones yet have you? If you have then post up the differences(If any drastic). VP of cadence already said It wouldnt affect performance, SPL, or SQ. So if there are drastic differences post up, you will have them in the wrong hands down..

2006 GTO
    800prs
    Audio System X--ion 70.6 PLUS
    Dayton Ref's

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Gotcha bro but it's no science. Altered motors, regardless they are slight alteration still affect everything in the gap. Do you remember the Brahma situation when they tried doing this with slightly smaller top and bottom plates? Same goes for SoundStream when they tried doing the same in their splx line and Neil Barber caught the design flaw. I believe a lot of that had to do though since it was Neil Barber they handled it in the right way. Here it appears that nobody has made a big enough stink for them to up their QC in China.

No specs yet either but I was hoping a "Speaker Company" , no names needed, would have the proper testing equipment to post them before I do.

3 8's

39.9 consistently

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nom nom View Post
    when captain *** (VP) made that long run on about TNT, he could of instead called TNT directly to speak with him and settle this. It probably took that fucker a good hour to write that speech, and woulda taken a good 15 mins to talk to TNT on the phone. Just saying...

pro-rabbit is offline Moderator pro-rabbit is a Supporting Member of the forum!

pro-rabbit is a Supporting Vendor of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    373 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CADENCE SOUND View Post
    To all very dedicated car audio enthusiasts.

I have been monitoring the posts put up by an individual all over the net claiming how Cadence is trying to cheat its customers by cutting the quality of our CVL8-500-4 subwoofer.

The CVL8-500-4 has proven to be one of our best sellers over the years and has actually gone through 3 revisions with a 4th revision on the way. With one of the first changes being the basket design and improving the spider assembly construction. Why do we go through so many revisions when we can probably "leave-well-enough" alone? It's because unlike other audio companies we care about the product we produce and are always researching how we can improve our products. The CVL8-500-4 has also been one of the most copied subwoofers out on the market.

I have personally gone out and measured the plates and motor thicknesses of all 3 revs and have found that REV 3 which is the driver being complained *about is actually about 1mm thinner, overall motor structure,(about 0.039 of an inch, the thickness of a paper clip) than the previous REV 2. Certainly NOT 1/4" as is being claimed. If you look at the photos being posted its quite obvious that there is no 1/4" difference.

No REV has ever had a "one piece pole with back plate" as claimed by this individual so we never "cheated" anyone with changing that spec.

REV3 does have a trim plug in the yoke plate while REV2 did not. (REV1 did have the trim plug.) The trim plug is an aesthetic piece, and does not affect performance.

The difference in the 1mm thickness is within manufacturing tolerances as both plates are stamped and in no way affects the performance, power handling, SPL or sound quality of the driver, if it did Cadence would never have released the driver from the production run.

All this leads me to one point, is it possible one of our unscrupulous competitors is jealous of our success and especially this driver and has put a certain individual to this? He claims that he is a loyal Cadence fan and that his entire car is Cadence, if that were true about you, wouldn't you contact the factory, speak to them, get an explanation? Instead within a few hours he is busy "cutting and pasting" his diatribes on every car audio forum he can find and on Amazon.com and Facebook as well. He is not satisfied with any of our responses and wont even give us a fair chance to thoroughly investigate his claim and respond. He even claims that we are in cahoots with other manufacturers to cheat consumers. Who is "shady bob"??? This leads me to believe he is not looking for help, a resolution or answers but for whatever reason is making unsubstantiated claims about our product which is just malicious slander.*

If he is so unsatisfied with our CVL8-500-4 he can always return them to Amazon for a full refund. Amazon is not dumping CVL8-500-4 at a discount, we don't set Amazon's prices, they do. Suffice it to say that they buy large quantities and are offered better deals. As a matter of fact we can't even keep up our manufacturing pace with world-wide demand for the CVL8-500-4.

I realize that I cant win this argument, and its a free world and people can claim what they want online, but we know the reality, we have the facts and we would never rip off our customers who have been loyal to us for the more than 20 years we have been in business.

Yours very truly,

Jake Lock
    VP Operations
    Cadence Acoustics Ltd.

I normally wouldn't even post to such a thread, however, it would seem your customer service is lacking if you even consider half of your quoted post to be professional. I have been a part of tech/customer service for a while and I have to say that I would not reply in such a way unless I had facts to prove what you are saying. I'm not saying you or he is right in this matter, but what you posted I would consider to be a bit out of line.

I'm not trying to pick a fight in anyway, but you must consider what you did with that post and on top of that this is an open public forum. Many of the readers will not take kindly to a post such as that and only fuels the fire. Perhaps a better method would be to allow your PR department to post on the forums as they are typically a bit more level headed with responses.

OP-If you are not ok with what you purchased from Amazon then you should contact them about that. Again, I'm not saying Cadence is in the right, but I am saying that they did not sell you the product.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast