Closed Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Reload Thread: Attn: Cadence users and 8" fans!

burzendowski is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Re: Attn: Cadence users and 8" fans!

So are these basically DD copies?

Quote Originally Posted by TnT_Sounds View Post
    This is true, now with these new ones with smaller top and bottom plates and possibly a pole piece sleeve. They would struggle to keep up with the DD 1508's. That I know is a fact.

Refs: cheeseburger, miles0803,fatboyracing,bobtista,joeybutts,22mounta ineer

feedback thread http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=425693

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burzendowski View Post
    So are these basically DD copies?
    Yup

Bad4health is offline Hymen Removal Specalist

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

heard DD build quality took a dive too so they are back to being = just a lil less form both lol. but that does **** i was just about to order 8 or 10 myself

itrader here: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/itrader.php?u=73815
    itrader caco: http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/itrader.php?u=5805
    itrader csco: http://www.carstereoclassifieds.org/forum/itrader.php?u=154
    ebay feedback: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=9845josh&ftab=A llFeedback

TnT_Sounds is offline profiling gets **** done!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

3 8's

39.9 consistently

Quote Originally Posted by PV Audio View Post
    It will never be proved that loudness is somehow related to SPL because it isn't.

Loudness, a subjective measure, is often confused with objective measures of sound pressure such as decibels or sound intensity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Kulicki
    Building a stereo just to measure it's sound pressure level is like building a microwave oven for no reason other than to measure it's electromagnetic radiation emissions.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

another funny store for ya.. I got my last ordered 8 from amazon and this one is the correct older gen1. Identical to my other ones in bottom and top plate measurements. I know this means that there are still some more out there. All I want is to have my other ones swapped for the same as my other ones. The easiest way to know also seems to be not only by the top and bottom plate differences but the older ones have silver negative wire direct connects and these new ones have blackish/brown direct connect wires. I would appreciate it to swap these out for the other ones and we can put all this behind us.

3 8's

39.9 consistently

It will never be proved that loudness is somehow related to SPL because it isn't.

Loudness, a subjective measure, is often confused with objective measures of sound pressure such as decibels or sound intensity.
    Building a stereo just to measure it's sound pressure level is like building a microwave oven for no reason other than to measure it's electromagnetic radiation emissions.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

From talking with many speaker builders whom OEM for other companies, see it as essentially downgrading the sub by lesser material and trying to pass it off as the same thing.

3 8's

39.9 consistently

Pborcich is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CADENCE SOUND View Post
    No, it wasn't me you spoke to.
    I was, however, made aware of the situation. I would have appreciated an opportunity to speak to our engineers to give you a comprehensive answer. I was just discussing this this morning with the designer. After asking around, I discovered the guy you spoke to was an amplifier repair technician here, certainly not a speaker engineer. I really don't know why you were transferred to him. Sorry for that.
    I do have somewhat of an issue with your assumption that, "I get the feeling they tried pulling one over the consumers in switching build-houses and lessing their products potential, hence the new cost factor." I don't know what you are referring to as "new cost factor" But at Cadence we know there is nothing to be gained by "pulling one over" on our customers. You guys are, for the most part, pretty sharp and bad news travels fast. We worked very hard building our reputation, one product at a time, for close to twenty years now. It's a reputation that speaks for itself.
    We weren't ignoring you, we weren't blowing you off. The guy in charge of this product/project was not in the office yesterday, so I'm sorry you did not get an immediate answer. Please give me a little time to look into this so I can get some answers for you.
    Thanks.

Roy
    AS i stated on CSCO
    "LMFAO
    They are taking a sub downgrading it and trying to pass it off as the same thing....
    By deffinition that is what they are doing....
    No assumptions nessecary"

audio_phill is offline Walking TSP Encyclopedia

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    66 Post(s)

in for info

Bought From: Funky Waves, Realbeach, Farmacist Louisiana_CRX, Lingerfelt, ciaonzo, SPY (X2), tristanmay, bigbassjoel, Sound_Around, tristanmay

Sold To: alfabit1, Sound_Around, jonalford2087, woodels420, pangullo, chico305, ciaonzo, darkkon, faessle, UNDERGROUND_BUM, JCJR, adrian1185, fast306stang, tristanmay, biggen_bd, mwerling1212, ntfish, nate56

Traded With: HiloDB1, ciaonzo, tristanmay, Jh8909, fritosaregood, eCrack.net

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Hey Phill, you should be getting the sub by Monday maybe tuesday and a return label is in the box.

3 8's

39.9 consistently

boboridesbmx is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i am sub'd join just to see this ha. luckily i was able to tell i have the older model's by my leads. all silver

wone is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    170 Post(s)

did u speak to roy yet?

REFF'S http://www.caraudio.com/forum/buyer-...-feedback.html
    EBAY REFShttp://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...k&myworld=true

3 DD 9515h'S
    3 T4000'S
    A COUPLE BATTERIES
    LOTS OF WIRE
    DC 270AMP ALT
    THE BUILD NEVER ENDS

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Haven't heard nothing from anyone. My # is posted and was PM'd

3 8's

39.9 consistently

infamous_e46 is offline hArRy_DaNgLeRs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1009 Post(s)

well looks like im trading my gen one for a new one so atleast they will all match

Quote Originally Posted by RyanM923 View Post
    Damn, look at that midget ***...love me a midget ***. 3 foot 4 standing up, 3 foot 6 sitting down.
    Quote Originally Posted by michaellane View Post
    don dont come in here ruining my thread. i hate you and jose

www.alphadamp.com
    Got Mad Feedback Son http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/364675-infamous_e46s-feedback-thread.html#post5697823

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Roy,

I hope the change in design wouldn't have anything to do with shady bob from american bass being in cahoots with you guys and making a stink so its more like the xd8.

3 8's

39.9 consistently

CADENCE SOUND is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    75 Post(s)

To all very dedicated car audio enthusiasts.

I have been monitoring the posts put up by an individual all over the net claiming how Cadence is trying to cheat its customers by cutting the quality of our CVL8-500-4 subwoofer.

The CVL8-500-4 has proven to be one of our best sellers over the years and has actually gone through 3 revisions with a 4th revision on the way. With one of the first changes being the basket design and improving the spider assembly construction. Why do we go through so many revisions when we can probably "leave-well-enough" alone? It's because unlike other audio companies we care about the product we produce and are always researching how we can improve our products. The CVL8-500-4 has also been one of the most copied subwoofers out on the market.

I have personally gone out and measured the plates and motor thicknesses of all 3 revs and have found that REV 3 which is the driver being complained *about is actually about 1mm thinner, overall motor structure,(about 0.039 of an inch, the thickness of a paper clip) than the previous REV 2. Certainly NOT 1/4" as is being claimed. If you look at the photos being posted its quite obvious that there is no 1/4" difference.

No REV has ever had a "one piece pole with back plate" as claimed by this individual so we never "cheated" anyone with changing that spec.

REV3 does have a trim plug in the yoke plate while REV2 did not. (REV1 did have the trim plug.) The trim plug is an aesthetic piece, and does not affect performance.

The difference in the 1mm thickness is within manufacturing tolerances as both plates are stamped and in no way affects the performance, power handling, SPL or sound quality of the driver, if it did Cadence would never have released the driver from the production run.

All this leads me to one point, is it possible one of our unscrupulous competitors is jealous of our success and especially this driver and has put a certain individual to this? He claims that he is a loyal Cadence fan and that his entire car is Cadence, if that were true about you, wouldn't you contact the factory, speak to them, get an explanation? Instead within a few hours he is busy "cutting and pasting" his diatribes on every car audio forum he can find and on Amazon.com and Facebook as well. He is not satisfied with any of our responses and wont even give us a fair chance to thoroughly investigate his claim and respond. He even claims that we are in cahoots with other manufacturers to cheat consumers. Who is "shady bob"??? This leads me to believe he is not looking for help, a resolution or answers but for whatever reason is making unsubstantiated claims about our product which is just malicious slander.*

If he is so unsatisfied with our CVL8-500-4 he can always return them to Amazon for a full refund. Amazon is not dumping CVL8-500-4 at a discount, we don't set Amazon's prices, they do. Suffice it to say that they buy large quantities and are offered better deals. As a matter of fact we can't even keep up our manufacturing pace with world-wide demand for the CVL8-500-4.

I realize that I cant win this argument, and its a free world and people can claim what they want online, but we know the reality, we have the facts and we would never rip off our customers who have been loyal to us for the more than 20 years we have been in business.

Yours very truly,

Jake Lock
    VP Operations
    Cadence Acoustics Ltd.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

User Tag List