Closed Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 168

Reload Thread: Attn: Cadence users and 8" fans!

  1. #16
    TnT_Sounds's Avatar
    TnT_Sounds is offline profiling gets **** done!

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,616
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Attn: Cadence users and 8" fans!

    yes there is no doubt in my mind the mag is of lesser gauss ratings, that will also be measured too. it's depressing they don't seem to want to help in this kind of situation. From talking with the guy I did, we both agreed negative feedback is not good and goes further. I explained to him I am in the resale business and know all about that so apologized for my first post on their Facebook page and it was deleted anyway. It seemed as if they were going to try and get things straightened out with me but in the end it's appealing to be the typical "tell them what they want to hear", just so I shut up. Either way they have been handling this all wrong. I am/was an avid Cadence fan and nearly everything in my truck besides amps and headunit was all Cadence. Cut corners from them should not be an exception because they are of higher standards, at least thats what I thought.

    Maybe I will know something come tomorrow. I would without a doubt be happy with a simple swap for the same motors as my other 3 and part ways with all this.



    3 8's

    39.9 consistently

    Quote Originally Posted by PV Audio View Post
    It will never be proved that loudness is somehow related to SPL because it isn't.

    Loudness, a subjective measure, is often confused with objective measures of sound pressure such as decibels or sound intensity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Kulicki
    Building a stereo just to measure it's sound pressure level is like building a microwave oven for no reason other than to measure it's electromagnetic radiation emissions.




  2. #17
    TnT_Sounds's Avatar
    TnT_Sounds is offline profiling gets **** done!

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,616
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Attn: Cadence users and 8" fans!

    I believe this is who I spoke with on the phone. Not sure as a name was not given to me, but this all seems to be hypocritical to me. The guy knows I am in a bind and completely left me hanging. Hell he has my personal contact number and knows who I am on Facebook.


    Hello Everyone,

    My name is Roy Starling and I'm here representing Cadence Acoustics.

    It's great to be on here at caraudio.com and I'd like to thank the organizers and moderators for giving us the opportunity and the platform to have a dialog with everyone on here.

    You guys are where the rubber meets the road in this industry, putting the equipment in your cars and either installing or enjoying it on a daily basis. It's with you in mind that Cadence has building the best audio equipment we can for these last 20 years.

    I'm really looking forward to hearing any questions, comments or concerns you have, just ask me or tell me, I'll be happy to help in any way I can.

    In the meantime, please feel free to check out our re-launched website at Cadence Sound. to get a look at our current line-up, we'll be adding new models as they become available.

    Also, if anyone ever needs anything we can always be reached at [email protected], or our toll-free number - 1-800-477-2328 or I can be reached personally at [email protected]

    Have fun guys, I hope to hear from you soon!

    Roy Starling
    Cadence Acoustics Ltd.
    6519 Highway 9 North
    Howell, NJ 07731 USA

    732.370.5400
    800.477.2328 - Toll Free in USA
    732.370.5553 - fax



    3 8's

    39.9 consistently

    Quote Originally Posted by PV Audio View Post
    It will never be proved that loudness is somehow related to SPL because it isn't.

    Loudness, a subjective measure, is often confused with objective measures of sound pressure such as decibels or sound intensity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Kulicki
    Building a stereo just to measure it's sound pressure level is like building a microwave oven for no reason other than to measure it's electromagnetic radiation emissions.

  3. #18
    hispls's Avatar
    hispls is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Cape Cod, Massachusetts
    Posts
    6,262
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    15
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)

    Re: Attn: Cadence users and 8" fans!

    Plenty of products in many industries have slight variations in the same name product from year to year.

    Sad if the new one is an inferior product, and a good example why lots of other vendors will have MKII and MKIII etc. If they're different enough that the old and new wouldn't work sharing the same air space IMO it would be worth noting revision clearly.




  4. #19
    TnT_Sounds's Avatar
    TnT_Sounds is offline profiling gets **** done!

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,616
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Attn: Cadence users and 8" fans!

    Exactly my point, I know with the altered top plate and bottom plate and possible pole sleeve there would be higher pole saturation, lower qts by dropping qes. less top plate is lower BL and higher Q. In turn I know they would not work well with what the older models work well in. Like I keep saying, one is being sent for Klippel testing and I will have the truest TSP specs that can be possibly pulled from these as well as the magnetic Gauss being measured.

    Needless to say I dont want to see this go south in any way. I know Cadence is widely exposed and some dealer or possibly Cadence themselves would have a way of getting 6 of my woofers swapped for the older ones. I would be happy to pay shipping on them as well.



    3 8's

    39.9 consistently

    Quote Originally Posted by PV Audio View Post
    It will never be proved that loudness is somehow related to SPL because it isn't.

    Loudness, a subjective measure, is often confused with objective measures of sound pressure such as decibels or sound intensity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Kulicki
    Building a stereo just to measure it's sound pressure level is like building a microwave oven for no reason other than to measure it's electromagnetic radiation emissions.

  5. #20
    TnT_Sounds's Avatar
    TnT_Sounds is offline profiling gets **** done!

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,616
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Attn: Cadence users and 8" fans!

    Quote Originally Posted by hispls View Post
    Plenty of products in many industries have slight variations in the same name product from year to year.

    Sad if the new one is an inferior product, and a good example why lots of other vendors will have MKII and MKIII etc. If they're different enough that the old and new wouldn't work sharing the same air space IMO it would be worth noting revision clearly.
    With that too I know a lot of the common variations are from mis-aligned coils and in turn not getting accurate TSP's from 2 identical drivers. that of which I know was a problem with one of my older ones as well. They had different sens ratings and would not settle the same. Granted that is to be expected from mass produced drivers but all that is needed is much better R&D standards and QC before they leave the Cadence facility after coming in from China. I know many companies that have had this problem as well, but they were quick to fix the problem and even send a replacement speaker as it's not the consumers fault there was no QC check done.



    3 8's

    39.9 consistently

    Quote Originally Posted by PV Audio View Post
    It will never be proved that loudness is somehow related to SPL because it isn't.

    Loudness, a subjective measure, is often confused with objective measures of sound pressure such as decibels or sound intensity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Kulicki
    Building a stereo just to measure it's sound pressure level is like building a microwave oven for no reason other than to measure it's electromagnetic radiation emissions.

  6. #21
    barbaroja's Avatar
    barbaroja is offline Member



    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    46
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Attn: Cadence users and 8" fans!

    wow. suscribing.




  7. #22
    CADENCE SOUND's Avatar
    CADENCE SOUND is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Howell, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    470
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Re: Attn: Cadence users and 8" fans!

    Quote Originally Posted by TnT_Sounds View Post
    I believe this is who I spoke with on the phone. Not sure as a name was not given to me, but this all seems to be hypocritical to me. The guy knows I am in a bind and completely left me hanging. Hell he has my personal contact number and knows who I am on Facebook.


    Hello Everyone,

    My name is Roy Starling and I'm here representing Cadence Acoustics.

    It's great to be on here at caraudio.com and I'd like to thank the organizers and moderators for giving us the opportunity and the platform to have a dialog with everyone on here.

    You guys are where the rubber meets the road in this industry, putting the equipment in your cars and either installing or enjoying it on a daily basis. It's with you in mind that Cadence has building the best audio equipment we can for these last 20 years.

    I'm really looking forward to hearing any questions, comments or concerns you have, just ask me or tell me, I'll be happy to help in any way I can.

    In the meantime, please feel free to check out our re-launched website at Cadence Sound. to get a look at our current line-up, we'll be adding new models as they become available.

    Also, if anyone ever needs anything we can always be reached at [email protected], or our toll-free number - 1-800-477-2328 or I can be reached personally at [email protected]

    Have fun guys, I hope to hear from you soon!

    Roy Starling
    Cadence Acoustics Ltd.
    6519 Highway 9 North
    Howell, NJ 07731 USA

    732.370.5400
    800.477.2328 - Toll Free in USA
    732.370.5553 - fax
    No, it wasn't me you spoke to.
    I was, however, made aware of the situation. I would have appreciated an opportunity to speak to our engineers to give you a comprehensive answer. I was just discussing this this morning with the designer. After asking around, I discovered the guy you spoke to was an amplifier repair technician here, certainly not a speaker engineer. I really don't know why you were transferred to him. Sorry for that.
    I do have somewhat of an issue with your assumption that, "I get the feeling they tried pulling one over the consumers in switching build-houses and lessing their products potential, hence the new cost factor." I don't know what you are referring to as "new cost factor" But at Cadence we know there is nothing to be gained by "pulling one over" on our customers. You guys are, for the most part, pretty sharp and bad news travels fast. We worked very hard building our reputation, one product at a time, for close to twenty years now. It's a reputation that speaks for itself.
    We weren't ignoring you, we weren't blowing you off. The guy in charge of this product/project was not in the office yesterday, so I'm sorry you did not get an immediate answer. Please give me a little time to look into this so I can get some answers for you.
    Thanks.

    Roy




  8. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    38
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Attn: Cadence users and 8" fans!

    Certainly you can understand the OP's panic and impatience due to the fact that he just dropped off a lot of money on these things, what did he buy? 10 of them? He was promised that someone would get back to him yesterday, which that did not occur. What else was he to think? I really hope this issue is resolved because I was considering buying a few of these for my wife's car, and possibly some components for mine. I'll be subscribed to see how this is handled.




  9. #24
    GLN305's Avatar
    GLN305 is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Newport News, VA
    Posts
    1,448
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Attn: Cadence users and 8" fans!

    Sure am glad I canceled my order on a pair of these, thanks for the warning.




  10. #25
    SPLaudio's Avatar
    SPLaudio is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    upstate ny
    Posts
    6,602
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)

    Re: Attn: Cadence users and 8" fans!

    i hope Roy takes care of you




  11. #26
    infamous_e46's Avatar
    infamous_e46 is offline hArRy_DaNgLeRs



    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    25,962
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

    Re: Attn: Cadence users and 8" fans!

    looks like im fucked mine are still brand new and i would like all gen 1's but i cannot afford the shipping



    Quote Originally Posted by RyanM923 View Post
    Damn, look at that midget ***...love me a midget ***. 3 foot 4 standing up, 3 foot 6 sitting down.
    Quote Originally Posted by michaellane View Post
    don dont come in here ruining my thread. i hate you and jose

    www.alphadamp.com
    Got Mad Feedback Son http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/364675-infamous_e46s-feedback-thread.html#post5697823

  12. #27
    Shinju's Avatar
    Shinju is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    4,821
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

    Re: Attn: Cadence users and 8" fans!

    Quote Originally Posted by eL_wEEnIe View Post
    looks like im fucked mine are still brand new and i would like all gen 1's but i cannot afford the shipping


    Just wait and see what happens, They might have made some changes but maybe the new revision subs will be alright. I mean for 66 bucks it still looks like a beefy contender as far as 8" subs go.

    ***** that the build on those changed, I had a Gen 1 and it kept right up with my DD1508 no problem.



    List of Ref's Just ask, Shinju on all Car Audio Forums!


    Flawless Ebay Feedback User: Shadox2k2

  13. #28
    TnT_Sounds's Avatar
    TnT_Sounds is offline profiling gets **** done!

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,616
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Attn: Cadence users and 8" fans!

    Quote Originally Posted by CADENCE SOUND View Post
    No, it wasn't me you spoke to.
    I was, however, made aware of the situation. I would have appreciated an opportunity to speak to our engineers to give you a comprehensive answer. I was just discussing this this morning with the designer. After asking around, I discovered the guy you spoke to was an amplifier repair technician here, certainly not a speaker engineer. I really don't know why you were transferred to him. Sorry for that.
    I do have somewhat of an issue with your assumption that, "I get the feeling they tried pulling one over the consumers in switching build-houses and lessing their products potential, hence the new cost factor." I don't know what you are referring to as "new cost factor" But at Cadence we know there is nothing to be gained by "pulling one over" on our customers. You guys are, for the most part, pretty sharp and bad news travels fast. We worked very hard building our reputation, one product at a time, for close to twenty years now. It's a reputation that speaks for itself.
    We weren't ignoring you, we weren't blowing you off. The guy in charge of this product/project was not in the office yesterday, so I'm sorry you did not get an immediate answer. Please give me a little time to look into this so I can get some answers for you.
    Thanks.

    Roy
    That makes perfect sense Roy. The guy I spoke with didn't seem to brought up with what I was telling him how things will be affected. Then when I call back to speak to a different person or a Supervisor, I was put on hold then told I will be getting a call back from him. Still nothing as of now. If you are familiar enough with how sub motors affect the speaker itself then you know altering those things that were changed will alter a lot of things to make them non-compatible with the older ones. I guess the right thing for me to have done was purchase just one speaker, but I, and am sure everyone else, was under the impression they were the same ones that have the same great output. However, I did buy 10 of them and a little over $600 was spent so I feel as a consumer and, spending that much with your company, I should get treated fair. I was not lying when I said nearly everything in my truck is all Cadence equipment. I am patient enough to wait and see how they Klippel test and Gauss rate compared to the older models. But I have been in situations like this before and have had to go through the same testing due to a company switching build-house and making there motors smaller and the outcome was not very pretty. I apologize for my shrewd comment of saying you guys are trying to "pull on over". But in my situation and I'm sure to everyone else it would seem that way as nothing was posted, stated or re-labeled as an altered product. As far as the comment about the "new cost factor", the lesser price on amazon and through the direct place to buy on your website would lead me to believe thats only capable due to using less steel and overall products in that speaker.

    I look forward to hearing from you Roy. I am off all day so please call me whenever.

    Thanks
    Travis



    3 8's

    39.9 consistently

    Quote Originally Posted by PV Audio View Post
    It will never be proved that loudness is somehow related to SPL because it isn't.

    Loudness, a subjective measure, is often confused with objective measures of sound pressure such as decibels or sound intensity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Kulicki
    Building a stereo just to measure it's sound pressure level is like building a microwave oven for no reason other than to measure it's electromagnetic radiation emissions.

  14. #29
    TnT_Sounds's Avatar
    TnT_Sounds is offline profiling gets **** done!

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,616
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Attn: Cadence users and 8" fans!

    Quote Originally Posted by Shinju View Post
    Just wait and see what happens, They might have made some changes but maybe the new revision subs will be alright. I mean for 66 bucks it still looks like a beefy contender as far as 8" subs go.

    ***** that the build on those changed, I had a Gen 1 and it kept right up with my DD1508 no problem.
    This is true, now with these new ones with smaller top and bottom plates and possibly a pole piece sleeve. They would struggle to keep up with the DD 1508's. That I know is a fact.



    3 8's

    39.9 consistently

    Quote Originally Posted by PV Audio View Post
    It will never be proved that loudness is somehow related to SPL because it isn't.

    Loudness, a subjective measure, is often confused with objective measures of sound pressure such as decibels or sound intensity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Kulicki
    Building a stereo just to measure it's sound pressure level is like building a microwave oven for no reason other than to measure it's electromagnetic radiation emissions.

  15. #30
    CADENCE SOUND's Avatar
    CADENCE SOUND is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Howell, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    470
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Re: Attn: Cadence users and 8" fans!

    Quote Originally Posted by TnT_Sounds View Post
    That makes perfect sense Roy. The guy I spoke with didn't seem to brought up with what I was telling him how things will be affected. Then when I call back to speak to a different person or a Supervisor, I was put on hold then told I will be getting a call back from him. Still nothing as of now. If you are familiar enough with how sub motors affect the speaker itself then you know altering those things that were changed will alter a lot of things to make them non-compatible with the older ones. I guess the right thing for me to have done was purchase just one speaker, but I, and am sure everyone else, was under the impression they were the same ones that have the same great output. However, I did buy 10 of them and a little over $600 was spent so I feel as a consumer and, spending that much with your company, I should get treated fair. I was not lying when I said nearly everything in my truck is all Cadence equipment. I am patient enough to wait and see how they Klippel test and Gauss rate compared to the older models. But I have been in situations like this before and have had to go through the same testing due to a company switching build-house and making there motors smaller and the outcome was not very pretty. I apologize for my shrewd comment of saying you guys are trying to "pull on over". But in my situation and I'm sure to everyone else it would seem that way as nothing was posted, stated or re-labeled as an altered product. As far as the comment about the "new cost factor", the lesser price on amazon and through the direct place to buy on your website would lead me to believe thats only capable due to using less steel and overall products in that speaker.

    I look forward to hearing from you Roy. I am off all day so please call me whenever.

    Thanks
    Travis
    Please send me your contact info, your PM box is full. Or you can email me at [email protected]




Closed Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum